BFP Chasers...........Feel free to join....

Guys...I'm 35 and just started trying. I'm 25 days late and get BFNs. Just wondering, is there anywhere for me to look up what the abbreviations mean? A bit lost!

Hi OneDay - wow, 25 days?? that's crazy. Have you called a doc? is this the first time this has happened to you?

Wish- Yeah, it's good to have a buffer with my family too. I just wish it were closer to the distance that you have, rather than a 16 hour flight! Wow, 4x! That's so great they get to see the boys that often while they're changing so fast. I hope it's not hard for you that DH isn't such a fan of your sister. My DH really dislikes my mom, and I understand as she has many flaws (and she pretended he was just my friend whenever introducing him to friends and family, even after we'd been living together for several years), but it is tough because she's still my mother.
We actually got to meet up with family twice in the past week. My cousin and family were in town last week and we met up for dinner, and DH's cousin was traveling for work and popped by our house last night for dinner and to celebrate gummy's 1st birthday. We're having a "real" party for him this Sunday, with a small group of people. I think there will be maybe 12 people total, but I'm already so stressed out about the logistics. I don't know if we have enough space! And the cooking and getting the place clean and ready! Plus we have my work Xmas party the night before... Luckily DH's cousin who lives 60 miles away is used to hosting kid's birthday parties and is being a massive help to us.

OneDay- Are you still getting BFNs?

Yes, gummy is 1 year old! I still can't believe it. He's evolving into a little person with such a huge, happy personality. He's just so cheeky and goofy, he makes me laugh so hard. I'm just so lucky to have him in my life :cloud9:

Happy birthday, Gummy!!!! I hope you have a great time this weekend with him and the party. I fully understand your stress but don't worry too much about it. Focus on the fun parts!!
That's great you got to see some family this week! What a great surprise!
It's a little tough on me that DH doesn't like my sister only b/c there is zero between them. She doesn't see her faults and he doesn't really just go with it, but rather ignores her. But then there are situations I think people should get over themselves and just be a good person and we had something like that over Thanksgiving where my sister and nieces ended up staying the night with us (without their Dad) instead of the hotel. DH got the air mattress all set up, etc. Not one of them thanked DH when they left the next morning. They thanked ME, but none of them said anything to him. Pissed me off kinda. Like, you don't have to be best friends but have a sense of decency.
So it's really good we have the buffer. TBH my sister can be a lot for me too so it's also good for me to have distance sometimes.

ttc - how's being a new grandma? how's your daughter's recovery? how's the little one?

My daughter is healing well. My granddaughter has gained back up to her birthweight. So, she’s good too.

On another note, my husband just accepted a new job. It’s going to be brutal to adjust to since we’ve worked together since we met. But, this will change our financial circumstances considerably.

that's wonderful about DD, GDD AND your DH's new job!! Things are coming up roses for you, TTC! And look at that temp jump from yesterday! ;)

oneday - the suspense is killing me!

Wish- Thanks for the birthday wishes for gummy! It's like he knew he grew up a year and has become much more like a little person. I'm kind of excited about having people celebrate his birthday with him, but am so afraid that I'll screw things up. I'll try to heed your advice and focus on the fun parts!
That's really too bad about your sister and family. While I do believe in being genuine, I too think that they could try to be civil and thank your DH. I hope that things get better over time. In my family, they all act really friendly to each other. My mom is the most outwardly charming person ever. It annoys me, but some people are taken in by it.

TTC- Wow, so much good stuff and change happening in your life! I think I know how you feel about your DH not working at the same place. DH and I worked in the same place a lot of the time. In fact, that's how we met. I hope that you'll adjust to the new circumstances quickly!

AFM- I've been trying to deal with the constant daycare closures and have been looking around at preschools. Unless they have infant programs, gummy can only start in 2020! He's on the waitlist for 2 with infant programs. In the meantime, daycare lady has brought in 2 new babies, so the total is now 4 babies with 2 carers. So I thought that she wouldn't pull one of her famous closures, given these people just started at her daycare, and the holiday closure is coming up.

Well, she sent a text at 8:15am on Thursday saying daycare was closed as she was unwell. These last minute closures have occurred an average of 2 times a month since we started, and it has been affecting my work performance. I've been trying to be hired as full time staff and not a low paid postdoc, but I can't be hired if I am this unreliable. So I had a talk with her on Friday, but it really became about us finding backup care and whether she can keep daycare open for half the day instead of suddenly closing. She didn't talk about or apologize for the excessive last minute closures. I know the obvious thing is to move on, and that has been what I've been working on, but it's really so hard to think of moving gummy from this daycare, which is truly lovely for him in every other way. Also, it is tremendously hard to find daycare in our area.

Anyway, I've tired of worrying about daycare, and I hope that the situation gets resolved soon. I'm going to try to have fun with gummy this weekend and hopefully he'll have fun at his birthday party!

I hope that everyone has a great weekend!

How was the party, miki? I hope you had so much fun and gummy did too!!

ughhhhh, that is the PITS about the daycare situation! She seems to understand that she's got all of the parents by the...you know what. I believe all daycares do. It's a necessity that we can't afford to not have, we rely on them so much, and really - what leverage do we have. And this seems like it's even more so with you and your area b/c of the wait times of all of the daycares. So she can basically do what she wants and she won't lose clients. And if she does, she can get more easily. Especially since it's such a lovely place otherwise. I'm so sorry you're going through this!! The ripple effect to your job and livelihood is not fair at all. And you've been beyond fair with her, having conversations. You potentially could threaten to review her badly online, if she's posted anywhere. That should cramp her ability to get new clients. I'm not about threats but she needs to understand there's a little something you could do that could hit her in a bad way. And it wouldn't be dishonest!

Just getting over my first pos hpt in like a year (another CP).

oh noooo, I'm sorry TTC. Do you know how much longer you'll keep trying for? Do you feel like it's wearing you down at all or are you good to go? I don't know how you have the stamina!

I really don't know the answer to either of your questions. It is wearing me down a bit. So, I won't continue to try forever. I will continue for a few more months probably, though. Tomorrow is my birthday. I'll be 44. So, losing hope to say the least.

TTC - I'm so sorry to hear about the CP. It's so hard to get your hopes up and have them crushed. I know what you mean about age starting to feel like a serious time limit. I turn 41 in a month and I am already wondering how much longer my body would cooperate, if I wanted to try for another. Thankfully, I've already determined I can't carry another baby, but it's still part of the grieving process to think about REALLY can't versus "it would be a terrible/dangerous idea." :hugs:

Miki - I hope Gummy's 1st birthday party was tons of fun for you, DH, and Gummy!!! It's hard to believe he's already a year old. It seems like it couldn't possibly have been that long ago that he was born. But I bet it also feels like life is unimaginable without him now, too!

Daycare sounds like it's been a real challenge lately. I know you've been struggling with this for months, so it's got to be wearing thin by now. I saw an article in the Washington Post that talked about backup childcare and the statistics on how much parents miss work due to childcare issues, including daycare closures. I thought of you and hoped that your situation had improved, but I see it's only gotten worse :growlmad: Here's the link, in case you want to read it. There might be an idea in there that helps? https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...ew-child-care-benefit/?utm_term=.fda27823a498

Wish - I saw your post that the boys are walking! That is so exciting... and maybe a bit more challenging for mom & dad? They must be so cute toddling around! Gosh, in less than a month, they'll be a year old, too. Time definitely flies and I'm feeling like I want to just slow it down. But I suppose I'll laugh at that someday when M is a teenager and it feels like time has sped up even more. For now, photos and videos are essential!

The holidays are springing up on us. Do you think the boys are aware enough to get excited about presents this year? Or maybe just the paper tearing and packaging :haha: Will you spend the holidays with extended family, or just your family unit at home? We're doing a low-key holiday because I don't have any PTO yet, to speak of. So just us with my mom on Christmas and then my Dad and step-mom come the weekend after, then my SIL and nephew for New Year's. It will be fun and a bit hectic, but at least we don't have to travel with a baby!

TTC - I realized I hadn't been on to congratulate you about your granddaughter's arrival. I hope DD is doing well and that you're all enjoying the sweet little bundle!

I wish DD and DgD lived closer. Sigh. But yes. It's a pleasure to know that she's doing well with mommy and to see all the pictures and to be planning my next trip!

TTC - Happy birthday!! :cake: I know what you mean about living closer. I wish my folks lived closer too, at least during the holidays and such. It'll only get harder for them to visit. :(

wicky - so glad to see you pop on! lowkey holidays sounds good to me! Nah, we opened some presents with the boys a couple of weeks ago from our neighbors and it was just paper tearing. I mean, they adore the teddy bear they got and use the Little People farm they got them, but there wasn't any new, distinctive excitement about it. But they LOVE the Christmas tree lights, especially when we turn on the changing lights! They stare at it and grunt and squeal intermittently! :haha: So I'll wrap a few things or just make a couple bags of tissue paper for them. :) We'll head over to my aunt & uncle's house as usual, around noon or so but be home earlier. I'm not sure if my BIL and his family are coming down to our house or not but we'll want to be home for that too. We'll have to work out a new rhythm. We used to just stay over my A&U's the whole night and that's what we've been doing for years. But now with the boys, we'll see what we do. And they have to be in bed by 7 anyway. :shrug:
The toddling is awesome and SO cute to watch. It's not too challenging for us - when we can't keep a CLOSE eye on them, we gate them into the living room only. We have a ton of toys and a huge rubber mat (those puzzle pieces ones) in there, fencing to keep them out of the fireplace/tree/cords/curtains. When we can, we open those up and let them run around the whole downstairs and just follow them around and play.

Bella has pink eye. Sigh. Just so much going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"