BFP Chasers...........Feel free to join....

Wish - I can't believe you have one year old twin boys! Congratulations on everyone surviving (and even thriving) in this first year :D The party sounds like it was a lot of fun and worked out perfectly for the boys. I hope you got lots of pictures and even video of their reactions to the cake!

Like you, I miss this group and can't seem to let it go. I may not get on here to post very often, but I read frequently and think of everyone often. I consider this my go-to place when I need mommy support.

Malcolm's ear tubes sound like they were an easy experience so far. I hope they help with his infections. My sister didn't get ear tubes until she was about 4 and she had a terrible speech impediment because her ears were always full of fluid when she was learning to talk. She's fine now, but I'm glad Malcolm won't have to go through that! However, it's hard on us mommies when our babies have any kind of procedure. You sounded so calm about the whole thing - very impressive!

Well, I have to run so DW can get to work on time (I have the car). But I'll be back soon, as I have things to say to TTC, too!!

Miki - so exciting! Plus, a little jealous. ;) DH doesn’t want to take any extreme measures. So, we’ll continue trying For another year or so and then just throw in the towel.

Bella has grown so fast! I can’t believe she’ll be two next month! She’s already identifying a color (yellow).

DH is starting a new job next Friday. It’s good for the family but a little hard on me since he won’t be in the same office as me. Also, it will require me to do all the drop off and pickup daycare duties.

Hi, TTC! It's hard to believe you already have a (almost) two-year old. It sounds like she's a little spitfire, though. I hope the pushing was just what your DH thought and she was just trying to set a boundary. How did the preschool handle it?

Sounds like the change in your DH's work is going to be a big one for you both! I hope that ultimately, you both find that it works out well for your family. I guess there will be some adjustment period, though, since you're used to working together.

Are you planning a birthday party for DD next month? Is she more aware of a special day coming up, now that she's turning two? I am so looking forward to M being excited about things and being more aware, but it's also hard to let go of her being a tiny baby.

I hope DGD is doing well and her mommy, as well. It's got to be hard not living close enough to see them all the time. I hope you get plenty of pictures and can cuddle with DGD when you get to visit. How is DD (the little one) with her niece? Does she like the baby or is she used to being the youngest in the family? So many questions LOL!

It is so hard not living close to dgd. Bella hasn’t met her yet, but I’m looking forward to that! It will probably be late February or early March. Dgd’s mommy is holding up quite well. I’m so proud of her.

Meanwhile, DD#2 is in her final semester of school to finish up her teaching degree and certification.

Bella isn’t aware that she’s turning two. She isn’t far from understanding those things, though. DH just wantsto do a small private celebration this year. I’m definitely getting her one of these posters I found for her room, though! It’s a Frozen poster with height, weight, and favorite things on it. She adores Frozen!

SO much going on!

Oooh! Look what the mailman brought me! Can’t wait to give it a whirl!

D56AD53D-15B7-4FFC-8D2E-07A229E98013.png

TTC, that's awesome news about your older DDs! I bet you are one proud mama. I also love that Frozen poster idea. I thought about getting something like that to put on M's wall in the nursery, but decided to wait until she's older. Now I'm glad I did because it can be in a style/character she likes.

And good luck with the new gadget to help with TTCing!

I saw Miss Saigon last night (national touring company) and it was amazing. But I have to say, having a baby made the story SO MUCH MORE gut-wrenching. DW and I were both in puddles at the end. She didn't know the story, but I did. It was still heartbreaking. I love theater, but am glad the next show we see in two weeks is an upbeat one (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory). DW and I can't take another heavy show again so soon!

Ooh Wicky! I’m so jealous! I never get to go see theater. We’re planning a trip to New York in the fall sometime. Obviously, we’ll catch a show but I am desperately hoping that the Notebook (with Ingrid Michaelson doing the music) will be on Broadway by then!

The first night with the new device was good. It was comfortable enough. I was a little surprised by how low my core temp was (96.49), but hey as long as it works!

Wish- I had to check back on this thread to find out how many frosties! We have 17, and 5 of them are 5AA (hatching blasts). I'm so nervous, because everything worked so well the first time that I can't believe that I'd be second time lucky. Our donor was 29, never been pregnant or donated before, and we didn't do PGS testing. I also chose her right after I took my first look at the donor list, and DH immediately agreed. We liked how caring she was, and that she didn't look very different from me, and she was also from South East Asia. That was all that it took for us to decide that she was "the one". It all happened so fast. That's sad about your last frostie, I can't bear to think ahead to when we make the decision...

How's Malcolm doing?

Wicky- So glad to hear from you, and that M is doing so well! She's a happy baby :cloud9: I'm glad that you made it this far with bf, it's many months longer than I managed. I look back and I don't regret stopping when I did, it helped me regain my sanity and be a better mom to gummy. Thanks, I can't believe he's going to move on to a different daycare, it's exciting but I'm filled with "what ifs". Hopefully it will be as you said, and really good for his development.

So sorry to hear that your PPD is currently not quite under control. I hope that you feel a lot better soon. I guess that being exhausted and not having "us" time with DW is not helping. I remember that DH's 4 hour total daily commute and his having weekend shifts every week was very tough on us, and it continued until gummy was 6 months old. It's great that your mom can help, though!

Thanks for thinking about me, re the CA fires. Luckily it's not fire season now, but it certainly was scary when there was one near the lab and I was pregnant with gummy. And then there was one very near my home a week later!

TTC- Thanks, I'm excited but scared at the same time. It's sad for you that your DH will not consider other measures, but hopefully this year will be the year for a little sibling for Bella! I hope your new gadget helps. How exciting, Bella is almost 2!

AFM- Thanks for the support on our trying for gummy #2! How time flies! I guess it's time for me to start using "Kai" instead of "gummy". It's like he's outgrowing the nickname, now he's getting to be more and more like a (hilariously cheeky) little boy!

Yes! Bella’s birthday is almost here! We’re going to do a small private party this year with a Frozen theme. She loves that movie. She even sings along. She says “Go!” “Go!” “Go!” when Elsa sings Let It Go. It’s the cutest thing!

hi girls - all caught up but I have to get back to work. So happy to read all the posts!! welcome back to us, Wicky! :)

malcolm is doing great - both just got over a virus (sort of) with fevers and rashes and that's it. But now both have colds. Oy. They are in a new stage too where they are super clingy and separation anxiety is high. Even just around the house. Or they are teething. Or they are growing. Or all of the above. Just not terribly content babies right now!

Will write more later - thinking of you all!

ok a little more time to write! I hope you're all well!

wicky - I'm so sorry PPD is rearing its ugly head again. Hopefully a tweak in meds will do the trick. And springtime, when it gets here. Where are you located again? I'm in New England so we won't see spring until April! Maybe glimpses of it here and there (50's this weekend!) but we never trust it until the last big March snowstorm comes and goes. And even then we are suspect until May! :haha:
M sounds like she's doing great!! That first year bday will be here in no time - get planning!! :)

TTC - Frozen party sounds perfect! I cannot believe the legs on that movie - it came out how long ago?? And it's still like the #1 seller for most little girls everywhere. Crazy. I hope you guys have a very fun time!! I'm sure Bella will love it!

miki - how's the new daycare going? I think you're there by now right? How's the house coming along, still love it? I hope gummy is enjoying daycare and your mind is eased. My daycare lady and I FB message at night sometimes about the funny things the boys did during the day. She's SO SAD they are moving to Toddlers in March. She told me last night it's time for us to have another so she can keep our babies with her! She was floored when I told her I was 43 and that ship has more than likely sailed. And I said if they'll enroll he/she for free, I'll consider it!

So the boys are CRAZY developing now! Timothy is so close to talking - he definitely says 'Yes', 'Yuck', 'Yeah' (he has a firm grasp of the Y sound! :haha:), 'No' and then babbles other things that sound like words. But he has facial expressions with them, proper pauses when he talks, different inflections. It's sooooo crazy. I love watching it.
They are 'brushing their teeth' now too, almost running, we are OFF bottles and formula, except for the bedtime bottle and middle of the night bottle - but those are still milk. The big formula bill is GONE! What else...they HATE getting their diapers changed. I think they just hate laying down on the changing table but it's muy impossible to change them standing up. So that's a fun struggle.
Oh and I guess at daycare they are doing new things like trying to help the other babies when they drop a pacifier - trying to give it back to them in their mouths! :cloud9: They help pick up toys around the room (i'm probably making them OCD but I'm constantly tidying up their play area b/c it's just a hazard for them toddling around to step on stuff).

I cannot believe it's Feb already!! Crazy!!

Oh Wish! The learning to talk part is so much fun!

We enrolled Bella in a new school starting the .Monday after she turns two. It will be more convenient for us with DHs new job. It’s also incredible! They have cameras. They have kid size toilets in the room so that they can potty train. They teach the two year olds their numbers, letters, colors, shapes and animals. I’m SO excited about it! Bella will be a little traumatized at first I’m sure. That’s the only crappy part.

Wow, TTC, so many changes in your life! I’m excited for Bella to start at her new school, but I get how worried you are for Bella as she gets used to the new place. Bet she’ll love her Frozen birthday party! Did your DH start his new job? How was it?
Fx for testing!

Wish- Great update, I love to hear how the boys are doing. Yeah, the facial expressions and the “talking” are so cute. I love this stage! Actually, there's lots to adore at every stage... I can’t believe that your boys are running around already. Kai (transitioning away from his “baby” name!) is still crawling around! He took his first step just after his 1st birthday, and has worked up to 10 steps, but he loves crawling too much to give it up. He likes to hold his arms up in the air and giggle before he starts walking, which first looks like a gibbon walking. Then he transitions to arms out and stiff walking like Frankensein. I’ve tried holding his hands to help him walk, and he just folds his knees, looks up at me, and collapses laughing onto his back. I guess I should savor the non-walking days!

I'm hoping that he's only slower to walk because he's concentrating on talking and being social. He has a fair number of words, although some are pronounced very strangely. For example, I didn't know he was saying "more" at every meal, because he used to say it like "Gwahr!"

We haven’t started at the new daycare yet, thanks for asking. We start in 2 weeks. We found out 2 days ago that the notice period for our current daycare is not 1 month, but is counted from the 5th of the month before you end. So, it’s basically 2 months. We gave a little over a month’s notice, but now we have to pay more than a month extra, after we've left. That’s a lot of money. It really annoys me that she didn’t tell us earlier or show us any flexibility, while she took so many extra closures without reimbursing us. I’m not going to ask for it as I want to leave on good terms. Grrr....

Unrelatedly, but related to our new home, I just found out that Kamala Harris grew up in a house just a few doors away from us. Diversity and open-mindedness is definitely one of the big reasons we moved over here. I'm hoping that it's a good place for Kai to grow up in.

Enjoy Super Bowl weekend, everyone!

Miki - Awesome about Kamala Harris! DH starts his new job Monday. Also, Bella didn’t start walking til about 15 months. Ped wasn’t concerned and she’s a pro now!

How was DH's first day at work, TTC?

I remember how happy you were when Bella started walking around! I can remember that pic that you posted. It's good to know that Kai is doing pretty normal in regards to walking. My sister's kids both walked at 14 months, and she never felt they were behind at all. In fact, she believes that this is the average age for toddlers to start walking. I think Kai looks like he's lagging because the girl at daycare that is only 2 weeks older than he is has been walking since she turned one, and she's extremely good at walking now.

hi all!!

miki - do NOT worry about the walking! I think it's great that he's trying - I'm sure he knows what to do but like you said, he's pro at crawling right now so he's content with that. Malcolm did the Frankenstein thing too!!! It was HYSTERICAL! It's like he'd tense all up b/c he was so excited to try walking and he'd giggle excitedly with it too. We have it on video, it's the absolute best. Helps that he has the best laugh in the world!
And don't worry about being pro - it's AMAZING how quickly they become good at it. Once Kai decides to do it, he'll be off like a shot!
So cool about Kamala Harris!
NOT cool about the daycare - so glad you're rid of this lady soon!

TTC - that's wonderful about Bella's new school! I'm sure she'll be a little out of sorts for a couple of days, if that. She'll get used to the routine again! Good luck to your DH on his first week at the new gig!

I'm with you, miki, when you say there is something to love at every stage. I've said more than once that 'THIS' is the best stage yet! They are kooky, trying to make us laugh, love when we do goofy things to make them laugh. They are also already getting independent and want to do things on their own so that's going to start being a challenge. I've started to give them pouches of puree to eat on their own now rather than squeezing it on to a spoon - that's a nice time saver! Solids are going well, too. And, dammit if I'm cursing myself, but they are doing better sleeping at night finally. We have a contractor coming out today to assess their room - part of their floor is the overhang to one of the entryways outside downstairs (over our mud room) and it's COOOOLLLLD over there. Like that part of the room gets down to 60 overnight. So we can't put them in their room yet b/c we can't have that and we don't want a space heater in there. So he'll come out today to assess if we need more insulation or whatever and hopefully get that fixed soon. Then the boys can move in there, and hopefully everyone can sleep well forever more. Right?? ;)

Daycare is closed again today! She apparently had a relapse of her pneumonia. There are always plausible reasons, but why does she have to text us on 7-8am of the actual day? And sudden closures twice a month? So I'm at home today since DH is out all day at a work retreat.

Wish- Glad to hear that they quickly become good at walking. I can't bear the thought of all the spills and face plants that Kai might endure while he tries to walk around in his gibbonish/Frankenstein manner! Oh yes, you reminded me, I've got to get that down on video. I bet your videos of Malcolm giggling and learning to walk are adorable!

I love how they try to make us laugh too! Kai has always been goofy and making us laugh, since he was about 2 months old. He's become more hilarious and ridiculous as time goes on. He's definitely a social butterfly. But with that comes a super loud voice! I dread to think of the glares we will get when he gets to the terrible twos and has a public meltdown. I think we will become hermits then :cry:

Yay to the pouch self feeding! I'm a big fan of that too. I never thought of feeding the contents with a spoon, so Kai always treated the pouch like a bottle. So convenient. Do your boys share a room with DH and you? Kai is still in our bedroom and our other "bedroom" (looks like it was converted from a dining area, our house is actually originally a 1 bedroom house!) is needed for the space. Plus DH is really resistant to Kai moving out, and I too feel sad thinking of it too. But it would really make things easier, and from all that I've read, we should have moved him to his own room a long time ago!

The pouches are SO easy! The funny thing is that Bella could suck down a pouch in 3 seconds at 1. Now that she’s almost 2, it takes her about a minute to get down one of those fruit and veggie pouches. I guess she’s less accustomed to it or something.

DH is enjoying the new gig. It has not been as difficult on me as I anticipated but I am sick as a dog. So, it may just not have sunk in yet. I have a sinus infection and bronchitis. Ugh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"