BFP Chasers...........Feel free to join....

@mikihope and All,

Happy Thursday! Today is 7pdo for me. i have some pain on the left side below the ovary (not the ovary itself) area this morning. Not cramps, just soreness with a little pain. Now I am did take fertility meds to increase my egg out (I has 3 follicles this cycle) and there were very large. My ovulation hurt but the pain went away after ovulation. I am also taking progesterone supplements. I know that those can give you fake symptoms. But I am curious on what the pain means (if it means anything). Just wanted to get your ladies thoughts.

Thanks.

Thanks, mczzi! I don't have much experience with pregnancy symptoms, but I did obsess over them way too much! Everything seemed like a possible symptom to me. I did have cramps after transfer with my successful IVF cycle, and I remember that they were fairly uncomfortable. But many people don't feel cramps or the like, and they get BFPs. Are you planning to test?

Kai unfortunately caught some kind of bad cold from daycare, and he has been throwing up and doesn't really want to eat solids. This is so unlike him, I've never seen him reject any food... and I've given him a wide variety of foods. He even eats things like spicy meat curries and he loves vegetables. He's also never been really sick, just colds with slight temperatures. Poor him, he was so tired yesterday. I was so happy when he slept for 1.5 hours at daycare on Friday, thinking he'd turned a corner and learned to nap well at daycare! Poor thing was just unwell, and I didn't realize. We had to cancel our plans to go to our friend's baby shower today and we're going to stay home tomorrow with him, even though he seemed happy and energetic this evening.

oh poor Kai!! yeah, daycare can be such a petri dish! I'm sure he'll be well again soon, if not already. Best to stay home - I would have too. Especially not to give the mom-to-be anything. Overall, though, I'm glad it's all going really well with the new place!

mczzi - gosh if I could list out the number of TWW symptoms I had when I wasn't pregnant vs when I actually was, the list would be a mile longer for when I wasn't!! Hopefully what you were feeling was implantation but I don't know. Progesterone shouldn't cause pain so I doubt it's that. I was in the camp of No Symptoms when I actually was pregnant so I'm of no help other than other people's anecdotes. I just felt a really awesome calm come over me like all was suddenly right with the world. It was amazing. :)
Are you going to test early? Thursday you were 7dpo so that makes you...11 today?? oooooh :test:

mczzi - bring on the pics of tests!

AFM - the consult sucked. The surgeon totally blew me off. I had to advocate for myself. Then, she agreed to run some imaging which are occurring within the next 2.5 weeks to see what's going on.

I'm having the weirdest cycle of my life. I've had 3 separate positive OPKs. What's up with that?! I just don't have a clue what is going on this month.

that's awful, TTC!! I hope you get some answers soon!

That is a weird cycle, huh? I'm getting the Liletta (IUD) soon - on the 19th. I hope to be done with anything cycle-related in a few months!! yahooooo! I literally don't even pay attention to my cycle anymore. So much so, it's kind of a surprise when I start spotting. After watching it like a CIA agent for so long, I think my brain is in the complete opposite direction when it comes to it!

TTC- That's so annoying, luckily you managed to get the surgeon to do the imaging. Hopefully it gets all sorted out soon!

Wish- Thanks. Turns out Kai stayed home up to Thursday because this illness hit him (and us!) so bad. He threw up from coughing on his mucus at least twice a day. At some point, he got better and more like himself and he went back to daycare, but he threw up from eating/coughing there. Luckily it was a one time thing, but he continued to throw up in the morning and the evening at home. I felt so terrible for him, it's his first bad illness. I've only seen him throw up a couple of times in his life prior to this, from gagging on too much food in his mouth. I think it was the flu, and both he and I got laryngitis from it. I couldn't make a sound for a couple of days, and I can't recall the last time I felt this bad for so long!
At least we're all feeling better and Kai is enjoying his time in daycare once again! When do your boys make the shift to the toddler room this month?

AFM- So I ran into a hiccup when doing the tests to prepare for the cycle. The perinatologist that has to write a letter for me insisted that I go for an echo, as my EKG was flagged for showing an enlarged left ventricle. I've had this forever, but I never got it further checked out. So anyway, I have to get this done next week. Also, we're thinking of getting PGS testing done, which would be another delay. Not sure about that one yet, though...

ttc - did you get your surgery squared away yet?

mczzi - what happened with last cycle??

miki - oh WOW!! that's awful!! I'm glad you're all on the mend but sheesh! That's a lot to go through. Laryngitis on top of it!
That's an interesting hiccup - I'm glad you're getting it looked at. Tell me why you guys are looking into PGS? Aren't odds low that your donor's eggs wouldn't be viable? I cannot wait for you to be pregnant again!

The boys go into the Toddler room in 2 weeks! UGH! I thought I was ready but I'm not. They just sent home a letter yesterday about 'a few of the infants are making their shift to the Toddler Room in coming weeks so we are going to consolidate the two infant rooms and move X teacher to Y classroom...' :sad: It's all so crazy! They've visited the room a couple of times already and their new teacher said they've done awesome and should not have any problems transitioning. That is, until their current love of a teacher walks by to check on them and they see her through the window! Then they lose it, I guess!

I started an online journal through the Qeepsake app - have you heard of this?? it's so cool - they send you texts with questions that you just answer and you can put together a memory book at the end of it all. You can text in pictures whenever you want. There is an annual fee but I think it's worth it - the amount of time I'd be jotting stuff down in a journal, or forget to, print out pictures, etc. I did a paper book for the first year that someone had given me but this is much easier for after that.

Thanks Wish, we are getting better but it's slow going... Kai was actually at home yesterday because daycare took his temp towards the end of Tuesday and he measured 100.3 I was flabbergasted, because he hadn't had any high temps since last Tues, and we've been measuring freaks at home. I think that he may have been dehydrated as he doesn't really bother to drink water at mealtimes. Also, he was hot under his jacket, and his temp returned to normal after I removed it. Anyway, we took him home and he was perfectly fine. Now I'm worried that this will happen again. He's still not 100%, but certainly not contagious.
I'm so unsure about PGS testing. So you think that we'd be better served saving our $$? Our donor was 29, so on the high end of donor age. She was unproven when we chose her, and had never been pregnant before. And I'm afraid of miscarriage, etc. I'm so "old", and there's not much time left to keep trying. Not that PGS testing would ensure success, but I was hoping that it would at least failure less likely!

Aw, I know that feeling of having to move your LOs to another place (or room in your case). It's strangely heartbreaking. But I did feel a lot better after a week had passed. Hopefully it'll be the same for you.

Oh, Kai has been calling everything "gah!" for about 4 days. I don't know what that's about. If I ask him "what's this?" and show him a ball/bird/whatever, he pauses and then says "gah!" in a cheeky way while smiling. I'm "gah", DH is "gah", and everything is "gah". He's very cheeky and playful, and it's typical of something he would do, but 4 days of this? I'm worried.

Last edited:
well - completely up to you, obviously, but I kinda figured that using DE got rid of a lot of the concerns about miscarriages. Of course they can still happen - you can lead the embryo to the uterus but you can't make it stick! But the chances should be much lower. How many do you have left again? Also, I know the processes have improved but you'd have to thaw-refreeze-thaw again too.

Oh I wouldn't worry about Kai saying 'gah!' - what was he saying beforehand? He's most likely just working on expressing himself and on the cusp of talking. Timothy kinda grunts/yeahs to mannnny different things. We have one of those Google Hub things in our bedroom where we play lullabies out of for them to go to sleep. The boys have recently noticed that we talk to this thing and it talks back. Timothy opens his eyes REALLY wide and looks at me.....looks at google.....goes 'YEAH!!!'.....looks at me...looks at google...this goes on for a few minutes but all he says is 'YEAH!' but I know he's trying to say so much in that one word. But then babbles later rolling around different consonants and vowels on his own. He'll put it together soon!

Wish- You do make a lot of sense, and those are the arguments against PGS testing that I’ve heard about. I feel that I’m so ridiculously close to 50 (I turn 48 in 6 months!) and I didn’t want to chance long delays and big heartbreaks. Like before, we will only be transferring one embie. We will be talking to the RE about PGS testing in more depth on April 2, and hopefully we will make a decision then.

Hehe, aren’t those attempts at talking are so adorable! Kai also says “yeah” a lot, and has done this since he was about 3 months old (with a big break in between of several months where he was mostly shrieking loudly). He had a decent number of words, like “dada”, “baba”, “ball”, “bird”, “star”, “light”, “nana” (banana), “more”, “cat”, “duck”, “hello”, and a bunch of others. Strangely, no “mama”, but he makes up names for me. So it was weird that he suddenly started calling everything “gah!” for over a week. But at our wellness checkup on Tuesday, we found out he’s been having a double ear infection, so maybe that was why? He also has 6 teeth coming in (2 molars and 4 canines)! He’s been super cheerful and playful despite it all, but I think that’s because he must have been in a lot of discomfort last week. We’ve had to keep him home many days because he kept spiking a fever. He had croup, tons of coughing and vomiting for 2 weeks, and now this!

The weekend is here! I hope everyone has a good one!

6 teeth?! Oh my! Bella is getting her 2nd molars and it’s killing her! She has also broken into mimicking entire sentences! It’s so cute. I fed the dog last night, patted him on the rear end and said - there you go Bailey. She copied me complete with the rear end pat! Lol

Oh, I don’t think I showed you all any Disney pics! Bella met her favorite Frozen characters! Notice that she’s wearing her Elsa shirt! She pointed it out to Elsa! :)

BCC6457D-42BA-49DE-8E54-182816028098.jpeg 0E3BB89B-75BF-499A-8CD6-D6D5FBE83ADA.jpeg

oh those pics are adorable!! She looks like she's giving the side-eye to Anna! HA!

miki - awwww poor Kai! He's getting put through the wringer lately! The boys both have all molars coming in too and I think Timothy also has canines close behind. M has 3 molars already popping through but still doesn't have the 2 teeth on the sides of his bottom first two! Both boys have had colds/coughs for weeks too and now M's ears drain when he has too much mucous from his tubes (which is good b/c the mucous doesn't stay behind the ear drum now and cause an infection) but we have to keep using antibiotic drops. Come on spring!!!

Hi all. Thought I’d join in here. I’m 39 and my partner and I are trying for our first baby together. I have 3 and he has 2 and all 5 live with us.
We did get our first BFP in December but unfortunately it ended in a miscarriage the day before our 12 week scan. I’m not entirely sure where in my cycle I am right now. According to my app P Tracker I ‘should’ be ovulating today. I miscarried on 12/2 finished bleeding on 28/2 and started what I can only put down as a period on 12/3. It lasted a week and for 3 of the days I was changing a super tampax every 2-3 hours. It wasn’t nice. I’m also still having intermittent cramping and slight bleeding even now. And it only seems to happen later in the day. I don’t really get what’s happening. It was a natural MC and my scan showed everything had come away but there was still some bits in the cervix. They manually removed what they could and I went home. But if my app is correct then technically I should be due AF on April 9th. I’m not feeling hopeful for this month simply because of the intermittent bleeding. But suppose this week it could be due to ovulation. I don’t know. If anyone can enlighten me feel free haha.
Anyway good luck to everyone still TTC xxx

welcome mum! I'm so very sorry for your loss - 12 weeks, that's awful. :cry:
I honestly don't know what to make of what you're feeling and seeing. Do you use ovulation sticks at all? that could tell you if you're having a surge! Take the guess work out of it. That's what I'd do.
I've known many people get pregnant straight off of a pregnancy/miscarriage so don't lose hope! I guess the body is 'primed' for pregnancy so it's a little easier.
Keep us posted and good luck!

Thank you wish2bmom. The discharge papers basically said that our baby had passed around 7 weeks (it gave it in mm of pregnancy matter) but my body naturally rejected it unlike the first time back in 2000.
Yes I’m using OPK at the moment to try and figure out what’s happening. It’s been odd, I’m guessing I’ve missed the surge this month as I did one 3 days ago which was negative but did show a feint line, the day after was even lighter and today there is no line at all. I’m so confused!
I’m going to assume I’d be out this month as we dtd before my March period and again 4 and 5 days ago so if I’ve missed the surge then I’ve missed the chance which will be absolutely gutting. Oh well... I an awaiting a delivery of more OPK so will keep testing just incase I haven’t missed it but I’m not feeling hopeful at the moment. Time will tell xx

11 DPO. Nothing on morning FRER but MAY have squinters on ICs. Also attaching this month chart overplayed with my pregnancy chart from Bella.

444714B8-4A33-4B9F-AA6B-6027115CAC22.jpeg 2A2F799D-C03A-4557-A655-8B4DD3426661.png 8A54E456-759F-48B5-9A11-DFB94BE5164A.jpeg

Not too bad here I guess. Been using OPK since Tuesday. Got a blazing positive yesterday but negative again today. Hoping that’s normal? Hoping Fridays bd does the job as OH unwell at the moment so no more for me til he’s feeling better :(
Hope you’re doing ok x​

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"