BFP Chasers...........Feel free to join....

Oh no, BOTH a sinus infection and bronchitis... Take care of yourself and I hope you get well soon, TTC!

I'm glad that your DH is enjoying his new job!

oh no, TTC!! That's awful, I hope you feel better soon!! So glad DH likes the new gig, though. Hopefully that makes it an easier transition for all of you.

miki - I cannot believe she cancelled again!! 2 more weeks, 2 more weeks...and you should get that refund you were talking about!

Yeah, I was amazed at how quickly the boys can suck down a pouch! This is basically the only way they are getting vegetables right now b/c they will not touch any of the fresh ones I put in front of them. :dohh: We have to work on that one...
Oh, Kai will spill and fall and hurt himself but it'll be ok. They only have so far to fall, unlike us tall adults! :haha:
Yes, the boys are still in our room for now - since we are trying to get them to sleep through the night, ie ignore their 2nd wake-up so they can go back to sleep, it'll be a lot easier to do that when they are down the hall vs 2 feet away from us. I think it'll help immensely too if they know we aren't right there and AREN'T picking them up. Like, 'I know you hear me and you're not moving!'
I'll be sad when it happens too but b/c I think it's so necessary, hopefully it won't last and the new situation will become the new normal quickly.

Wish - if you figure out how to get them to eat the fresh vegetables, please do share that wisdom!

Bella is sick now. I got a call today at work to pick her up because her temp was above 103. We’ve got a doctor appointment in a bit.

Bella has influenza type A. She was vaccinated but must have picked up some errant strain.

oh no!!! ugh poor pumpkin!! I hope you're at least on the mend so you can take care of her without that distraction. Lots of rest and recovery for you guys this weekend!

yeah, I'll let you know if I figure out nugget. Though I did try cauliflower 'mashed potatoes' the other night and they were pretty good, so I might try that on them. Though they were a Green Giant freezer thing, so not the most fresh/healthiest and I've never worked with cauliflower myself before so I'm nervous to start turning it into things. I steamed some carrots last night and Malcolm put one to his lips but that's as far as that went...

Ugh! CD14. BFN. Waiting for AF. I won’t be able to resume trying until April or May. I was just diagnosed with a medical condition that’s going to require surgery and 6 weeks or recovery. That timetable, of course, doesn’t even start until they get me on the operating table!

Oh no, poor you and Bella, TTC! I hope that Bella gets well soon, and that your surgery goes well and recovery is speedy.

Wish- Sadly, we don't get our deposit back, as it is being applied to March. We had to give almost 2 months notice to get it applied to February, so we were too late. This means we are paying for over a month of care that we are not getting. I'm so tired of this nonsense, but I'm getting very sad thinking of Kai moving to a new place!

How true, I always forget that our little ones are so close to the ground! Ah...So we're in the same boat with the sleeping arrangement, then! Everyone I know around me moved their babies out early on. We know that we need to move Kai to his own room, and that it'll be good for everyone involved. Our move would involve us moving to the converted bedroom (leaving Kai in our current bedroom) , and that is difficult to envision or carry out. We got through Kai trying to reach out for us when waking by pretending to be asleep, but actually monitoring him through the portable video monitor, which I had in bed with me. So now he can see us, but settles back to sleep if he doesn't really need anything.

TTC - oh dear, I'm so sorry! Sounds like you got the diagnosis and remedy quickly, though. When are you scheduled to go in? How's Bella feeling? I hope you're both on the mend after your illnesses. Geez, you have a lot going on with DH's new job, etc! I hope you're taking care of yourself too!

miki - yeah, everyone we know moved their babies out early too. I thought we were going to at 6 months but we were clearly not on the same page. And here we are still with them in the room. We actually have a contractor coming out to help us insulate their room more. Their room is over our mud room, which has an entryway that overhangs outside a little. Their bedroom floor includes that overhang so a lot of cold air comes up from that. So their bedroom gets down to 60 at night sometimes (esp in the winter) and we can't have them in there for that. So we have to fix that before we can officially move them out. Hopefully within this next month or something.

I go in to see the surgeon on February 27th. Bella and I are feeling much better! I can’t believe she’s two today!

Happy birthday, Bella!

I'm so glad that the both of you are feeling better. Enjoy your long weekend!

Great birthday! Bella got a balloon and cupcakes. Plus, we watched Frozen! Official party (very small party at home) next Saturday.

384F5125-A9FB-420D-B5E8-5EDB59D36CBA.jpeg

Fantastic!! I'm so glad she had a great time!!

We had a weekend full of the stomach bug. M brought it home on Friday and then T and DH got it on Sunday/Sunday night. THANKFULLY I didn't get it, but I was on 'wipe up' duty - both boys got it in their car seats so that was FUN. We were supposed to go to a trial class at this 'My Gym' place locally, where they have classes for age groups. We got a gift cert to this place for their bday and were going to try it out, but we had to cancel. Oh well. Everyone seems to be feeling better now!

TTC- Adorable pic of Bella! She looks so happy! I'm glad she had a great time too. Is the 27th your surgery date? I hope it goes well and you heal up great.

Wish- Oh no, poor things! Luckily everyone is feeling better, but what bad timing!

Kai had his first transition day at the new daycare. We went there for 2 hours. He clung to me for maybe 10 minutes, and then he started to feel at home. He got loud and happy. And later, he ate sand. He had pear and crackers as a snack. I thought it was awesome, but DH was upset that he ate dirt, and he also was anxious about the step at the sand pit. And he was worried about Kai choking on pear pieces. Sigh.

I feel so sad that tomorrow is Kai's last day at his old daycare, but it's also exciting to see how he does at the new one. I'm sure he'll fall ill a lot, but that's just normal stuff. The last minute closures were insane. And the other baby that started with Kai is also leaving soon (in April). It's sad, I was so happy when the 3 babies of the same age were all together, and now they've all gone to separate daycares.

Oh, and we had a consultation at the clinic last week, and I'm doing the tests and stuff that they need for us before we get started on an FET cycle!

No. The 27th is my consultation with the surgeon.

I wish Bella was having an easy adjustment at her new daycare. Tuesday was her first day. On the webcams I watched her wander around aimlessly the first day since she doesn’t have new friends yet. It broke my heart. Then, yesterday, she screamed bloody murder when I left. It looked like she had a better day though. I know she will adjust. I just wish it was an immediate process!

Ah, I see. Then I hope your consult goes well too!

Tuesday was Kai’s first day too! Well, we visited together on Tuesday and Wednesday morning, and Thursday was his first full day alone. You're lucky that your daycare has webcams! Although I can imagine that it was sad to see Bella wander around like that. Sounds like she’s already adapting, and I bet that next week will be tons better for her!

I felt so sad on Kai’s last day at the old daycare :cry: And I still feel sad every time I think of it or pass it. It’s only a few minutes away from my house. It’s really heart wrenching to think of never bringing him there again, it was such a cozy place. I miss it and the ladies who cared for Kai. But luckily the new daycare is really great too! He’s in the infant to 2 room. They spend so much time outdoors and doing stuff. In his first 2 half days, they took a walk to the neighborhood park/playground (babies were in a 6-baby buggy), played outside the classroom in their large sandpit/playground, and did finger painting. He loves it and he also has great fun in his room, with all the other kids and toys/play structures.

Kai’s big adaptation issue is that he doesn’t sleep when he’s out and about, as he loves looking at stuff around him, so he was too excited to nap. He also isn’t used to a toddler cot, and having only one nap in the day. So he just sat there and chatted to himself the whole 2 hours on his first official day. He napped for half hour today, I was so happy about that, but then he’s just fallen sick with a cold and it could be why he managed a tiny nap. I’m not sure how to get him used to the single long nap, but I hope that he somehow learns to nap properly at daycare. At least I can tell he’s really happy there!

Hi All,

Happy Sunday! I am 39 (turning 40 this year) and my bf is 33. We are trying for our first. His sperm is good and so far, my OB says I look good but have I have low egg reserve.Since I am older (time is the essence), my OB has me taking meds to produce more eggs and using a trigger (if needed). Last month was our first try and it ended up BPN. I produced 3 eggs this month and had a natural ovulation. On 3pdo and hoping for the BFP.

The TTW is so long. Any advice on what to do not to go crazy waiting or thinking I have very symptoms?

Hi Mczz! welcome! Good luck on your journey - I hope it's a short and successful one. I had/have low ovarian reserve as well. Tips for TWW - schedule plans!! That was the thing that got me through the best - have something ELSE to think about and look forward to!

miki - sounds like Kai is already thriving at the new daycare!! I'm so happy!! I'm sure it's just so much to take in, so many more kids, so many more things to look at. I have a feeling he'll settle down in no time and learn how to do the nap on the cot. The boys will be moving into their toddler room in March and they also have a cot to sleep on. No idea how they'll do that but that's for the teacher to figure out! And I feel like she's done this a time or two, so I'm sure they'll be fine. We just have to bring in a blanket for them - which I found funny b/c they don't yet sleep with blankets at home either. So unlike most of us, they may not find that comforting or even something that signals 'time for a nap!'
SO EXCITING starting everything for the next FET!!! I can't wait to hear the progress and when your dates are!

ttc - how'd the consult go? How's Bella doing now? I'm sure she was just taking it all in too. She will have her little besties soon enough!! I cannot imagine how hard that is to watch, though - so young and little!

@Wish2BMom, Thanks for the advice. I will do my best to get more on my calendar to survive the TWW. I am 6dpo right now. This is too early to have real symptoms, right? I am on progesterone supplements so I figured anything I am feeling is due to that. :spermy::angel: Since this would be my first....I am not sure what symptoms I would get like implement bleeding. Trying not to overthink it too much.

Hi mczzi! I'm in agreement with Wish, schedule stuff to do during the TWW. Other than that, I have no advice as I'm horrible at being patient during the TWW. I hope for a BFP for you!

Ttc- Hope your surgery consult went well! Oh yes, how is Bella doing now at her new daycare? I hope she's now happily playing with her new friends.

Wish- Thanks, it does seem that Kai is doing well in the new daycare, which makes it easier for me to move on. It almost feels like a breakup! Kai managed to sleep 50 min the subsequent 2 days, and 40 min today. At least he's napping, and he stays in the cot chatting to himself after he wakes up. And he's using a blanket of sorts (his aiden+anias swaddle from newborn days) to soothe himself to sleep, despite never using one at home! So I think that maybe your boys might actually use the blanket. Also, I bet they'll have no trouble with their naps as they're already at the daycare. The staff must be used to transitioning many kiddies from the infant to the toddler room!

Oh yes, I can't believe I'm starting the process over again! Well, I didn't do an FET the last time, but I guess this should be "easier" than the fresh cycle. I'm terrified and excited all at once. The one difference is that I now have a toddler to contend with, which probably will help with the TWW and any other waits... less time to obsess!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->