BFP Chasers...........Feel free to join....

Well my OH is convinced I’m pregnant. I had light cramping Tuesday and Wednesday but not today, I’m peeing a lot and super tired and he’s been nauseous last 2 nights and was sick last night. That’s how he was when we were pregnant last time too. Roll on next week!!! Xx

mum and flown - I'm so sorry AF came for you! Such a B!! I've really never liked her, except when I was way younger and didn't want to get preg!
Are you guys doing supplements and all that jazz?

TTC - Bella looks like a little girl!! When did this happen???

WICKY! So great to hear from you!! I loved reading all of your updates. M is a DOLL!! She's a peanut like Malcolm - he's still barely pushing 20lbs and they are 15 mos today. They have their 15 mo checkup this Wed so we'll see. He only recently got a ravenous appetite so hopefully he'll put on some lbs. He's such a picky eater, though. But his pickiness is mostly fruit, so I can't complain too much. They don't really know, or care for, bad food b/c we haven't exposed them to a lot of it.
It really is crazy to think about not thinking about TTC anymore, huh? I think I'm almost over it but it's still lingering a bit.
How's your MIL? Have things there settled down for you guys a bit? How's your PPD? I hope you're feeling better now. You definitely did go through the wringer with your pregnancy. I understand not having more.
My trip was a work trip so not family - just me and some coworkers. DH had the boys by himself for 2.5 days! Though they still went to daycare so not like he had them ALL day to himself. And he took those days off so at least he got naps in too. :)
I got home around 2am on Sat morning so I was there when they woke up at 6am. I only just caught up on sleep yesterday!!

miki - I wish I was going to the SF Bay area! My other BnB friend that I already met lives up there and she was actually having her 2nd baby the very day/time that I was meeting up with our other BnB friend!! We were checking our FB Messenger thread the whole time for updates!! HA! The weather was GORGEOUS!! I was waiting outside for her to get me and the sun was hurting my super-pale arms! :haha: The trip was fantastic from beginning to end. I sat next to this WONDERFUL woman on the flight out there. We laughed, we cried (seriously!), and became fast friends. She was remarkable - heading out to see her 'fairly goddaughter' who had just lost her baby at 8.5 mos pregnant. Heartbreaking. And this woman hopped on a plane as soon as they asked for her - she had been good friends with her mom, who passed away a few years ago too. So now she was sort of her 2nd mom. Really - it was just so special meeting this woman. It was only for 6 hrs but I'll think of her forever now. And then we got to go on the Disney Studio Lot for a bit, which was so cool. You can take a tour bus there too but we just walked over and walked the grounds a bit. I wanted to animate for Disney when I was younger but clearly that didn't pan out. So going into the Animator's building there and seeing their hallway of historical drawings, storyboards, cels, etc of all of the classics was amazing. My mecca! And then I got to meet/see my BnB friend for the first time! We about tackled each other in the street and were like 'YOU REALLY DO EXIST!!' :haha: It was amazing. We only had an hour together but it was so comfortable, like we were old friends. Such a truly amazing trip I had. I really think I needed it - good stuff for my soul! <3

mum and flown - I'm so sorry AF came for you! Such a B!! I've really never liked her, except when I was way younger and didn't want to get preg!
Are you guys doing supplements and all that jazz?
Yes, it is a completely different feeling NOT wanting her to show up! :D

As for what I'm doing to TTC:
  • Keeping an eye on ovulation window, no contraception, sperm-friendly lubricant (Pre-Seed), staying healthy in general (working out, hiking, eating healthier), pre-natal vitamins, avoiding unnecessary chemicals/nasties in environment/food/pharms.
  • In terms of eating healthier, I've been adding in lots of extra fruits, vegetables (particularly greens and cruciferous ones), hemp hearts, sesame seeds, cacao powder, and olive/avocado oils.
  • I also have a very low caffeine intake (and I already don't drink alcohol or smoke).
  • I started a TTC journal (handwritten), so that has been helping me cope with some of the stress!

All of that sounds right on target to me! if nothing else, I'm sure you feel amazing. I just started a cleanse this morning - my food intake was turning more towards Doritos and ice cream and wine. I need to get that build-up out and get back on track.

oh and Wicky - the sleeping arrangements - the boys are STILL in our room but we've had contractors by to give us quotes on some work on the house, including fixing the insulation in their room. So once that's done, they'll be in their room. I do feel like I'm starting to depend on them being there now too, which is what I wanted to avoid!! I love being able to just hear them breathe whenever I wake up. And their room is at the complete end of the hallway from our room so I do figure I'll be anxious the first few nights. Not sure how they'll be. They are so exhausted by the time we put them down at 7:30 anyway, maybe they won't notice much!

Hi all.....haven't been here for years now but cant believe I started this thread 5 years ago and it's still going!!!! Insane. My lo's are 4 and 6 now. Best of luck to you all xx

Im back.
Again
Ttc no 5.
Had a miscarraige in march so anxiously waiting for af to return to start. 40 now. 41 in august so i have such limited time to try

Hi, Taurus! Wow, I can't believe your kids are already 4 and 6. Where did the time go? Thanks for stopping by to check on us in your old thread!

Mum and Flown, so sorry about AF. I hope you are both taking care of yourselves and not too bummed. I was like Wish in that the cycle when I got pregnant, I just wasn't having a lot of symptoms. I was a lot more calm than in any of the other months of TTC. Baby dust to you both that this month's the one!

TTC - Bella is adorable! I agree with Wish - she looks like a little girl instead of a toddler/baby. I can't believe how fast these little ones grow and how much they change. How are your DD and GD doing? GD must be starting to look like a baby instead of a newborn... When do you get to see her again? Oh, and thanks for reminding me about Bella walking at 15 mo. It helps to keep things in perspective because the OT/PT people are so exact about milestones. They give a range, but if you're out of that range, then they act like it's some big deal when it might not be. I'm sure M will get to crawling and walking when she gets motivated enough!

Wish - M is such a peanut, but she is not at all picky about eating. I don't know how/why she stays so tiny, but she's so darn cute that I don't really care. :haha:
It is definitely bittersweet to think that I'm done TTCing, but it's also a relief. We are still seriously considering using a surrogate with my egg and same donor sperm, but the clock is ticking there and it's soooo expensive. My guess is we will either just have M as an only child or we'll see about fostering/adopting another, but once she's a bit older. We'll see. I'm torn because part of me wants to have the experience of being a mommy to a newborn/baby and loving another child, as well as having a playmate/sibling for M, but part of me really loves being able to focus all my love and attention on one child. Anyway, it's still something that we're kicking around, but at least I know I definitely won't be pregnant myself again!
The PPD is starting to ease up, finally. I had to do some major medication adjusting and lots of therapy to keep it within a manageable range, but I'm finally in the stage of reducing medications and don't need therapy anymore and I feel normal. Yay!
MIL is doing okay, but steadily declining in cognitive abilities. It's really stressful for my DW because her brothers (who are closer geographically) don't really do much of the logistics and DW has to do it from here and over the phone. And let me tell you, trying to decipher whatever the crisis/misunderstanding du jour is when the person on the other end can't communicate clearly is very stressful. On top of it, DW's brother just learned that his wife has breast cancer (stage 1 - thankfully!) and has to undergo chemo and surgery to remove the lump. He's not coping well and keeps calling their mom to talk about it and she's getting confused and stressed out, and calls DW in a panic. But we got a second car recently and DW has been able to go up and see her mom a couple of times without me, so she has been able to take care of some things while she's there.
Your trip sounds like it went well! I'm glad DH survived his time with the boys :winkwink: while you were away. The woman you met on the plane sounds like an angel. So heartbreaking about her "fairly goddaughter" losing a baby so late in pregnancy. Not that it's ever easy, but when you're so close to the end of the pregnancy, you start thinking you're out of the woods. :cry:
And how awesome that you got to see your BnB friend IRL! It sounds like you had a great trip all around!
As for the transition to sleeping in her own room, I think we're going to try to do that while my stepmother is here with us. She is really good with babies and can help us with the whole routine, too. Right now, M is going to bed when we do and getting up when we do, plus napping 1-2 times per day. So she doesn't have a bedtime other than "after Perry Mason" at about 12:30 am, but we need to have time where she is down for the night and we can watch TV, do laundry, or whatever. I will miss her being in our room, though.

AFM: M turns one on Friday - I can't believe it's already here! We have her birthday party the following Saturday because the day after her birthday is Easter weekend and we didn't want to compete with that. She has her 12 month checkup next week and I'm not looking forward to her mad face when she gets those shots, but I will be glad when she's had the MMR, with all the measles going around. Makes me nervous!
Last week I learned that I have some kind of issue with tachycardia (fast heart rate) that came on while I was pregnant and never went back down. So I had to have an Echocardiogram yesterday to see if there's any damage to my heart from being pregnant or possibly from a missed pulmonary embolism at the time of my c-section. I am crossing my fingers that everything's normal, but even if it is, they still have to treat the heart rate so that I don't develop damage from it. The gifts of pregnancy just keep on giving...
Miriam said her first word over the weekend (on our Anniversary - which is the same day last year that I was hospitalized to give birth) and it was "cat!" she even pointed at the cat when she said it. Now she is saying "hi" and "hey" kind of all the time. It's pretty funny, but also makes me wonder if she actually knows what she's saying. She definitely knows what she's saying when she says "cat," though, because she does it when one of the cats walks by and she points at the cat when she says it.
My Stepmother is visiting us for a month and it's been interesting having her here again. She was here about this time last year and helped out for two months after M was born. So it brings back a ton of memories from when M was born and in the NICU. I was worried M would be shy and not want to be with grandma right away, but she has warmed right up and even fell asleep on grandma's lap yesterday afternoon. So I guess I didn't need to be worried!

Hi napamermaid, welcome back. Sorry for your loss. Hopefully AF will come soon so you can get started again.

Wicky - I have sinus tachycardia of unknown origin. Been on beta blockers for ten years for it.

I’m going to see DD and DGD in 1.5 weeks!

TTC, thanks for letting me know that tachycardia can be managed, long term. It makes me feel a little better. However, they did find a couple of things in the echo, but I don't yet know what they mean as far as treatment/prognosis. I hope to find out soon, though!

Yay for getting to see your DD and DGD so soon! I bet you count down the weeks/days whenever you're away.

she's ADORABLE, TTC! I'm sure you cannot wait to see her!! I love that cosleeper picture :)

TAURUS!! Thank you for popping in!! 4 & 6?! holy moly...I think you had just had #2 when I came on this thread. Dang i'm old...

wicky - WOW, I love your update! So much going on. I cannot believe M is already a year old! Happy birthday, little angel!! :cake: Where does the time go?? I swear she's still only 6 months! First word! One of the boys' first words with actual intention and meaning is 'kitty', which comes out as 'keykeykey' with a lot of spit! :haha: They get so excited when they see her. Unfortunately she's 15.5 yrs old and I think she's starting to go downhill. Not that they'll notice when she's gone but they just love seeing her. We'll eventually get another animal but if I'm being 100% honest, it'll be a nice break from kitty litter everywhere and one more being vomiting randomly. And all the hair. I am not wishing her away AT ALL, but we just went through losing our other cat so I'm kinda hardened to it right now. :( I feel terrible.
Your poor MIL!! the last thing her brain needs is the worry about her son and his wife - I'm sure it does stress her out, like you said! She probably wants nothing more than to help her son but can't string thoughts together well enough. Ugh! I can't fathom not being able to help Timothy or Malcolm through a sad situation like that.
I'm SO very happy to hear that your PPD is clearing up. What a long arduous process for you. And now the heart stuff - please keep us posted on that. I haven't heard of pregnancy impacting someone like that but I'm not surprised. As natural as it all is, it really can take quite a toll on your body.
I don't blame you one bit for not wanting to carry a baby again. I do wish I was younger and a little richer so we could adopt or foster a baby. I feel like my cold heart just opened up when I had the boys and I feel for EVERY child that is not lucky enough to have a sense of security and love in their lives. It brings me to tears thinking about it. These innocent little beings just born into a terrible situation and they just need someone to love on them. I want to do that. <3
Maybe I'll bring it up in a year - HA!
Good luck on the room and sleep transition! I hope to be moving the boys soon. Since it's getting warmer finally, we don't have to worry about the insulation in their room so much. We just have to move a couple pieces of furniture out first and then we can get them in there. They are sleeping well at night most nights now but I don't know how much of that depends on them hearing us too. I'll miss them, it'll be weird for awhile. But it'll be good for all of us. Let me know how that goes!
Have a great party for her!!

AFM: the boys are doing great. No tubes for T yet - met with the ENT last Wed and b/c he didn't have a whole bunch of ear infections over the winter and we're getting into spring now, he wanted to kinda let him sit. BUT - he was just getting over one when we were there and he was also messing with that same ear yesterday. So we'll see. We have a follow up in 7 weeks and the Dr just said to call if he gets another in the meantime and we'll just schedule the tubes. Meanwhile, M has ANOTHER one and is on oral antibiotics again. I somewhat talked to the Dr about him, but M is technically the other Dr's patient in the office. So he didn't want to talk too much for him. I actually asked the office if I could switch Drs for M b/c I liked this guy better. So that's happening and then we'll have a discussion about M's chronic ear infections post-tubes. He may end up having to get his adenoids out. I'm not psyched about that but if it'll give him some relief and get him off all these meds...
Other than that - personality-wise, M has grown into the goofiest little boy and is starting to become a dare devil climbing on everything. He's really good at it too. T has become SUPER clingy to DH and no one else. I'm so jealous!! But M is my little monkey and has become Mama's boy for now. At least there are 2 right? Enough to go around! HA!

Oh Wish! You read my mind on two things! First, my dogs drive me nuts! They aren't old enough to look forward to a break, but I will anyway. lol Second, Bella has had enough ear infections that they are talking about referring her to an ENT. Her followup appointment for her last ear infection is Wednesday. We'll see how it goes. I'm praying that she grows out of it naturally, though.

I love the updates and the photos! Although…I’m struggling to keep up with the posts, and Kai caught another cold. Anyway, Bella is so adorable with her curls, and M is such a cute smiley peanut! And TTC, your DgD is so adorable, I want another baby right now!

I’m sorry that AF arrived, Flown. Sounds like you’re doing all the right things, and are super healthy.

Mum- Sorry about AF too. I hope that she doesn’t get the chance to rear her ugly head again!

Taurus- Hi! And thank you for creating this thread, it’s such a great one!

Wicky- I’m so happy to read your updates! Happy birthday to adorable Miriam! I can’t wait to hear about her birthday party. And it’s wonderful to hear that your PPD is easing up. Hope everything’s ok with your heart, though. What a worrisome thing to have lingering after your pregnancy. I have a few things but nothing heart-related. I have terrible pigmentation (melasma) on my face, they look like big brown freckles. And I have stress incontinence, which doesn't seem to be going away...
Thanks for asking about Kai, he’s better now, but has a cold! But it looks like one of his normal ones, where it doesn’t affect him at all. Thanks, I’m impatient to start FET, but at the same time it’s scary! I hope you’re enjoying time with your stepmother.

Wish- Wow, your trip sounds like it was amazing! What a lovely woman you met on the plane. And meeting your BnB friend, and to get to see the Disney animations -- what a meaningful trip.
Oh that’s sooo cute… I can picture your boys saying “keykeykey” with loads of spit! Our cats are starting to get old too. One is 13 and the other one is 12. Kai used to call them “aaah!” in a delighted high-pitched voice and wide open mouth. Now, he calls them “caaah!”. I too am tired of the hair and the vomit and litter, and the fact that Kai finds cat food scattered around and tries to eat it. I too feel so mean thinking of a break from all of that.
Looks like you and me and Wicky are all planning on our transitions around the same time. It’s hard to imagine sleeping in a different room from Kai, so I’m kind of relieved that there are others going through the same thing right now.

AFM- Sorry I can’t write more meaningful posts these days, I really did read all your updates but it’s really been exhausting dealing with all the illness. I don’t know how you’ve been managing, Wish. If only I had your energy level! Kai has started this jogging on the spot thing, kind of looks like the scene in ‘Flashdance’ where she dances to ‘Maniac’. It’s hilarious, and he laughs so hard while doing it too. He’s such a joyful and silly boy, with a huge sense of humor. I wish he knew how to speak well, though. It’s frustrating for us both not to understand each other. He has all his teeth except the 2nd molars, which is a relief as he kept cutting several teeth at a time. Oh the fussiness! And his hair grows at a ridiculous rate, I have to trim it every 2 weeks.

ugh another cold for Kai!! Yeah, T now has back to back ear infections, I'm pretty sure. So off to the ENT we'll go to get him set up for tubes. He has an appt this afternoon. TTC - I'm sorry Bella is going through this too! I'd think at her age, she's supposed to have grown out of it by now. Her eustation tubes should be angling now/soon so the drainage should happen on its own. I hope that's what they find! Keep us posted!

omigosh, you guys made me feel so much better about my thoughts about my kitty! I was snuggling with her last night, just she and I, and I started crying. She's always been second fiddle and though I know she's had a good life, she's one of those who could never get enough snuggling but would take what she could get. Our last cat was queen bee and wouldn't really want to share a lap, so this one would have to settle for another spot or another lap than the one she wanted if it was taken. And then the boys came. :cry: So I felt sad for her last night as she was snuggling and purring all over me. I really will miss her.

Kai has happy feet!! That's what we call it when M and T do that! M was doing that months ago whenever someone would come towards him as he was standing at the gate to the living room. SO cute! Screeches and giggles and the happy feet! And T started doing that lately - also adorable! And T hops!! He's so good with physical things, I think hopping usually comes later! He still loves to cut a rug too - he's getting new moves now. Going in circles, brings it low so he bounces while keeping his knees bent the whole time, goes backwards. He's so crazy.
And wow, that's a lot of teeth! The boys are still working on their molars and dang it, M still doesn't have the 2 side front ones on the bottom! Still just the 2 front teeth down there, plus molars coming in. I think they are on their way, finally, though. The pedi said he was a little behind there. Meanwhile, Timothy's whole mouth is just bumpy and you can tell there are about 6 more teeth that will be popping through soon. He's got to have such a headache, plus this ear infection! Poor guy!

Bella had her first tumbling class Saturday. We expected a lot of tears and not much participation. Not so much! She marched out there and tried everything! It was SO much fun!

how fun!! We just now got into the My Gym near our house and the boys LOVE it!! We had our 2nd class this last weekend. Since Timothy hops now, he loved the trampoline :haha:
What did Bella like best?

Ladies who are TTC'ing - how's your newest cycle going? should be close to O by now right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->