BFP Chasers...........Feel free to join....

Wish- Your sweet kitty is greatly loved, and I'm sure she knows it. Another ear infection... poor T! How did the appointment go? How do you tell if your boys have ear infections? I think Kai might have one again now, but I don't know... When he had a double ear infection the last time, he didn't really act that different from usual, so I can't really tell!

Happy feet! I love that description, that's it exactly!

Nice to hear about your LOs enjoying their gym classes, TTC and Wish! I've been planning to enter Kai into swim class again, it's been 6 months since his last lesson!

Swim lessons - that's what I want to do too. I need to look into if we need to be members of a place for that or can just take the swim lessons independently of a whole membership to a gym.

Ear infections - sometimes the boys have fevers, sometimes they don't. Sometimes their ears drain. Sometimes they just play with their ears a little more. That paired with a cold/extra mucous, I now just assume they have fluid build-up behind their ear drum as well. Mucous in the nose = mucous in the ears, since it's all connected. They just have them so much now, we just default to that being the issue if they are extra fussy and miserable and happen to also have a cold. :( But if they aren't fussy, no draining, no fever - I think they still COULD have an ear infection, but if they aren't bothered by it then I'd prefer to let it run its course and not put them on antibiotics AGAIN.
So Timothy is getting tubes on 5/15. We just fast-tracked to that since he now has had back to backs. And we switched Malcolm over to the same doc and he has an appt scheduled for 5/24 to talk about his post-tubes issues, chronic ear infections. See what we have to do there.

Big plans for the weekend? We have haircuts tonight (woo! how times have changed...), My Gym in the morning tomorrow and then friends coming over on Sunday afternoon. It's supposed to rain the majority of all of that time so I guess just sticking in. Temp will be back down into the 50's only, too, so that stinks. Movies and naps!

oh right!! how was your visit? or I hope you're still there and have an extended visit!

i can't wait for my parents to come up here. They are missing so much right now and miss the boys. But they've been really busy this year already. Last year they were up just about every 3 months but they haven't been up since Jan and won't be until the end of June.

Well I’m here again. Think I may already have ovulated this month. Did an OPK last night and it was close. Today it’s a touch lighter and my cervix is very low and quite firm. Seems I’m very possibly in the TWW?? Opinions anyone? X

5F592992-22E4-40BC-AB6B-9B622310D3BE.jpeg

The trip was great. We went to the aquarium and just spent some time together. DD asked DH if he was Brian or grandpa. He was so touched and chose the latter of course!

TTC- How wonderful you, DH and Bella get to visit with DD and DGD! Must be so cute to see Bella and DGD together.

Mum- I’m in agreement with you, looks like you O’ed, but others are much more experienced at being able to tell these things than I am. I hope you’re in the TWW now!

Wish- I hope you get your boys started with swim lessons, it’s so much fun with the LOs! We're not members of the place we bring Kai to, it's a city pool. It's nice and indoors, but it's about a 10 min drive from our house. There's one right next to daycare, i.e. a block from our house. But that's open only during the summer. The kids 3 and up at daycare can opt to have swimming when the pool opens.

Wow, you do you have lots going on with Malcolm and Timothy’s ears and appointments and whatnot. I hope that poor little T’s ears will be better after he gets the tubes put in. And I hope that M’s ongoing ear issues are solved real soon. Thanks for the details on how you figure out your boys have ear infections. I don't see any fever, drainage or obvious signs, but Kai is walking a bit drunkenly and he is suddenly off his food. He had a cold last week, but he was eating like a starving child throughout. He also seems kind of cranky, but I don't know if it’s because he can't communicate what he wants.

He is maddenly specific about the things he wants to happen, like when he wants to be able to put the cap on himself on the sippy cup, but then tip it over and have the cap fly off in one tip. And he tries to put the most difficult things together, or balance things that aren't able to balance (like putting water bottles upside down on their caps). Argh! Why! Anyway, I'll monitor him and see if he gets better. At least he's still making me laugh with his goofy antics (he has such an awesome sense of humor!) when he isn't being dramatic and/or whiney.

And I’m still waiting for the lab to thaw and biopsy the embies for PGS testing! The annoyingly vague case manager said that it’s possibly the lab’s busiest month ever. I hate the waiting, but I do know that when things get going, it’s really hectic. So I should be careful what I wish for…

Mum- I’m in agreement with you, looks like you O’ed, but others are much more experienced at being able to tell these things than I am. I hope you’re in the TWW now!

I think so too. I did another 4 after that, 2 were ever so slightly fainter and yesterday it was very faint. Guess only time will tell. Aiming to not stress too much but I’m sure you know how it goes!!

mum - based on all of your tests, I'd agree that you O'd and are now in the TWW! Did you BD in a timely fashion? :haha:

ttc - that's great, sounds like a wonderful visit! And awwww on the 'title' for DH! <3

miki - ah yeah, that's maybe a good sign too, being off kilter a little bit! I'd take him in, but then again we have our own parking spot at the Dr's basically b/c we are there so much. But it never hurts to be sure. HAHA about doing the weird things - it's like he's just figuring out what DOESN'T work, like the upside down waterbottle. T will take his milk cup and completely dump it upside down on to his chest. And not stop as he's getting wetter and wetter. :doh: M has started a climbing phase so he's all over everything when he gets into his impish moods. He will look me straight in the eye while he's climbing on something just to test me! Cutest grin and sparkle in his eye too. I'm doomed!

mum - based on all of your tests, I'd agree that you O'd and are now in the TWW! Did you BD in a timely fashion? :haha:

That’s what I’d have thought but would it rise again???? If that’s the case and I have O’d then yes hehe we did.
Can anyone explain this however???

12A45224-4B9B-4563-A146-DC9EBAFF5674.png

oh yeah, your temp is supposed to rise after O - is that what you mean? the higher your temp goes and STAYS high, around days 12, 13, 14...you may be preggo! Be on the lookout for a fallback dip tomorrow or so, that can happen. And sometimes there is a severe drop when implantation happens. At least this is the lore of TTC and temping - I cannot even recall seeing this first hand but you can google successful temping charts and what they look like.

I personally stopped checking my temp b/c I went into IVF and just left it to the science gods (thank goodness - that was an annoying part of my journey, for SURE!) but this is what I remember.

I'm so exhausted. I'm about to throw in the "wishful thinking" towel. I'm 11 DPO and got a BFN this morning on a FRER. So, I really should have lost all optimism then. BUT, two to three days ago I was cramping like crazy and was sure that AF was arriving early. She didn't and the cramping has left me entirely. My cervix has been firm (as expected in any post ovulation non-pregnant body. This morning my cervix was soft though and as of now, it is also high. Those are both massive pregnancy indicators. So, I don't know what to think other than . . . tomorrow, if I get a BFN, I'm just going to go with it.

Oh TTC - you've been here too many times to count, it's SO understandable that you'd be tired! I really do hope this is your blessing showing up! 11 days is still somewhat early!
I bet you'll be one of those people that ends up 'stopping' paying attention and BOOM - pregnant!

Man, poor Timothy is dealing with another double ear infection - his last one didn't go away completely. I got the call from daycare yesterday about his left eye being puffy and leaky so I brought him in to see the pedi for conjunctivitis. Well it's not that - he still has fluid in his ears and it's starting to come out his eyes!! UGH!! Poor guy woke up with gunk in both eyes this morning, his left eye stuck shut and so puffy. I feel so terrible for him. He's in a crazy happy mood as always but man, 5/15 can't come soon enough so he can get his tubes and hopefully drain the right way. These boys and their mucous!

TTC- Fx'ed for you! You've been hopeful so many times, I can imagine how exhausted you are from the roller coaster.

Mum- Oh yes, I think Wish explained it well. Looks like you're in the TWW, Fx'ed for you too!

Wish- Oh no, poor Timothy! Thank goodness 5/15 isn't too far off. The more you describe ear infection symptoms, the more I think Kai had one and I guess the worst is over. He had two days of mysterious mucus appearing at the corners of his eyes last week. And that falling over drunken walking thing. Now he looks fine, and he's almost running around.
I know what you mean by the cute, impish grin. Isn't it so hard to resist? Just the cutest laughter and smiles :cloud9: But yeah, it's so maddening that they try all sorts of impossible things. Kai started shaking his straw cup to shake water onto the floor as I was typing this, he got water all over the floor and he slipped on it. Sigh.

AFM- Looks like I have to wait for at least 3 more weeks for the lab to even thaw the embies for biopsy. It's really insanely busy. I'm going crazy with the waiting, even though moving forward means that I have to go through all that crazy (and dare I say almost horrible?) IVF stuff.

I think it’s very possible. Last month I had a patch in my right boob which got tender before af arrived and it seems to be getting tender again today so reckon the witch will show her face soon :(

BFN at 14 DPO. Just waiting on AF now.

miki - ughhh this waiting!! MORE waiting!! That's the summary of TTC - waiting. And yes, say IVF is horrible all you want, you deserve to! It's the means to an end, and the end is totally worth the means. But still, let's call a spade a spade. It's not an enjoyable process.
I'm glad Kai is feeling better!! How's your job going now that you're in the daycare? Are you less stress b/c of less time missed?

TTC - I'm so sorry! :hugs:

mum - are you going to test at all or just see what happens? Sore boobs happen with pregnancies too!! :)

Not much new going on here - I'm exhausted but that seems to be the usual lately. DH and I have some vacation time coming up and I hope to just sleep one of those days!

mum - are you going to test at all or just see what happens? Sore boobs happen with pregnancies too!! :)

I’m probably going to give it a few days and test late in the week. Maybe. If I hold out that long!!!! It’s just a patch on my right boob oddly. But I’m real tired and very agitated at the moment.... x

Good luck, mum!

Wish - relating to the exhaustion! I can’t imagine toddler twins!

AFM - my boobs are killing me. Brown spotting today. I can’t imagine it’s anything other than AF coming on. It’s just weird bc I don’t usually get painful boobs with AF. Guess it’s the whole perimenopause thing.

Mum- Hoping for good news from you soon!

TTC- There's still hope.... May AF stay away this time!

Wish- Resting sounds good. Like TTC, I can't imagine toddler twins. You're amazing, I'm exhausted with just one toddler! Thanks for asking, the daycare stress is different this time, it's the calls to take him home because of fever. I just got one, apparently Kai has fallen ill again! So he can't go back to daycare tomorrow, but he does have a temp of almost 103 and he's obviously ill now. Poor thing had mucus at the corners of his eyes when I went to pick him up. He's super cheerful and goofy, but clingier than usual. Anyway, this sort of thing is understandable and kids are expected to fall ill and have to stay home. It's a "better stress" than sudden closures for various (some pretty ridiculous) reasons.
Although...They are temp-measuring happy here, and kids get sent home and can't return if they have a temp of 100. Still, it's not too bad as he's generally actually ill if his temp measures that high. But he does run temps of about 100 occasionally when apparently well, and we asked the director to let him attend on one of those occasions. The other couple of times this happened, we kept him home the next day even though he was obviously well.

Got an email from the clinic saying they thawed and biopsied our embies today! I was expecting to wait another 3-4 weeks! Another week, and we should know the results. Wow... I'm feeling a bit unprepared to jump back on the IVF crazy train.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"