BFP Chasers...........Feel free to join....

@mikihope Oh Yes! I’ve had a couple of 1l bottles of banana milkshake, a maccies shake and burger and about 3 bags of liquorice all sorts haha. Doh!!! Had a 1-2 on digi on Tuesday and a 2-3 last night. Whoop whoop

How are you feeling?

2205E3F0-4728-4045-887C-8F1E2D456282.jpeg

OMG What is going on here??? CONGRATULATIONS, Mum and Miki!!!! :wohoo: :wohoo: :happydance: :happydance: I can't believe you both got your BFPs!! And MIKI!!! SO FAST!!! I'm SO happy for you both!!! WOW, my eyes are as big as saucers!! This excitement doesn't get old at all!! <3
(y'all are making me want a baby now too! :haha:)

wicky - holy moly about your Mom! I'm so glad she's ok and you caught it in time! that's so crazy. Someone was just talking about how a UTI, to you and I, can just be a giant pain in the arse. But to older people, it can cause havoc!
And little M the Fish! that's great she loves the classes. I want to get the boys into classes sometime soon, though we're not around pools and water a whole lot so there's not a HUGE urgency. A friend of mine's daughter is 3 and she's already a natural swimmer. She knows what to do as soon as she hits the water (turn and float on her back) and can swim like crazy now. It has to feel so good to know she can do that.

rain - I don't think I realized you went that far in your adoption process! Your point about age is a good one. Just b/c we're having kids at our 'old' age, doesn't mean others agree it's a prime situation for a little one. Sad, really. Anything is better than an orphanage.
The boys are interacting a ton now, it's SO cute. Malcolm is a big hugger and he'll go over to Timothy with both arms stretched out front inviting him in and then wrap his arms around him, and even put his head on his shoulder. It melts me every time! Course then 2 mins later he's grabbing his shirt and pulling him off of whatever toy he wants to play with. And he's the little one! :rofl:

ttc - how goes the battle, hon?

mum - a new kitten too?? I love it!! I'd love to get a new kitten but then I think about continuing with the dang litter box for ANOTHER 15 or so years and it stops me. I'm not yet ready to pick up more poop. Maybe when the boys are potty trained! :haha:

afm - Vegas was quick and awesome - did ziplining, the High Roller ferris wheel with a bar in each individual pod, saw the Beatles LOVE Cirque show, ate yummy food, hung out at the pool. Didn't sleep great and didn't feel great the whole 2nd day we were there but overall, so glad we went. The boys were wonderful with my folks and I think it was good for all of us - my parents needed some bonding time with the boys, they needed it with them, and we needed time away with friends. Our cups were refilled!
Malcolm got his tubes replaced and adenoids out last Wed. Today is his first day back at daycare. He recovered very well, though - there was definite exhaustion from a quick trip to the playground on Thurs so we knew we needed to take it easy. Fri I had off so I took him out for breakfast and then grocery shopping and he needed an almost-3 hr nap afterwards. But other than that, just a low grade fever for a few days, which was expected b/c that's part of the healing process. Yesterday he seemed back to normal! It was nice having that time off with just he and I. And I got a Timothy day on Saturday - I took him to My Gym in the morning, then a quick trip to Target and then he came to my friend's party with me for a couple hours that night.
The boys are doing awesome - talking up a storm now! Or trying to! Malcolm's making his way through life with 'all done', 'more'/'again', 'brrrrm brrrm' (for cars or anything with wheels), 'hi'/'bu-bye', 'sowside' (outside), 'cracuh' (crackers) and 'teetu' (thank you), and a few others he throws in there. We are working on 'please'. With Timothy, he seems to grasp colors so we're working on 'blue' and also 'please'. He has mastered 'hello', 'yellow', 'dop!' (stop!), 'more', 'brrm brrm', 'baby' and is getting 'cracker' down.
I can't believe they are almost a year and a half old!!!

So, just wow ladies! I'm sooooo happy for you both! Such a strong number, miki!!! I can't wait to follow your journeys for the next 9 months!!!

Haha, you definitely gave in to your cravings, Mum! It's great that you're seeing 2-3 weeks on a digi already, when do you go to see your OB? I don't know how non IVF pregnancies are monitered! I'm still ridiculously crampy, but I was the same in my last pregnancy. I guess I'm tired, but it's hard to tell with a rambunctious toddler on my hands!

Wish- What a wonderful time you had, and how lovely that your parents got bonding time and you and DH had fun times with friends! Poor M, he's been such a trooper. I hope his ear issues get solved really soon. And wow, your boys sound like so much fun, and so adorable! I don't know what is up with Kai, but it's like he's decided not to talk and to babble instead. He doesn't say any of the words he used to know, even "MORE!" which he used to love to say while eating. And he's throwing almighty tantrums, but is completely unable to tell me why. It's so frustrating! Luckily he's so cute and sweet all of the other times, so it makes it somewhat bearable.
Thanks for being excited for our BFPs! I'm cautiously optimistic since I had a good 1st Beta number, but I'm still nervous about the 2nd.

I haven't felt nausea yet, but I'm now eating like a horse and eating everything I like in case it starts soon. The last time, I started feeling really nauseated at around this time. I want to enjoy my food before this starts happening!

@Wish2BMom Thank you. We’ve actually got 2 now! Other half does the tray so no bother to me haha.

@mikihope My first appointment is August 12th. Yes I did but I need to control myself a little better haha

oh I remember your cramping, miki!! I call it a good sign for you! EEEEE!! Yes, eat all the foods now. I remember being SO HUNGRY, I ate constantly. I never really had nausea, though, thankfully. When is your 2nd beta? today?

OHHHH the tantrums!! Timothy has those right now, full boat. He's inconsolable for up to a half hour. I have had to take him into a darker room, turn on soft music, look out the window...it's crazy. Just letting him (safely) cry it out and do the 'don't make eye contact' thing doesn't seem to diffuse anything. Malcolm isn't doing this yet but they've always seemed a little tapered at the milestones, so I'm sure it's coming.

Mum- Milkshakes are good for your soul! I had a ton in the months after I gave birth, because I was denied sweet stuff due to gestational diabetes. I hope the wait for your appointment in August goes by fast!

Wish- Lucky you, I had such a horrible time finding anything that I liked to eat. I had this underlying nausea, and this horrible sour taste on my tongue, plus nothing sounded good. I just ate for the sake of eating. The unpregnant me lives to eat!
That's a good idea, we haven't tried a darker room with soft music. I try to say some calming and validating words to Kai when he's tantruming, but I can't imagine that he can hear anything through his crying/screaming!

Argh, my 2nd beta results are not ready today! I waited all day for them, basically being so nervous and unable to work, and it turns out the lab results are not ready. I had to go to an outside testing place for some reason, and I was there when it just opened at 7:30am. I still had an hour wait to get my blood drawn. I was almost in tears when I was told at 4:30pm that I had to wait until tomorrow to get my results. I'm really upset as I've been so nervous about the results, it's all I can think about!

Argh, my 2nd beta results are not ready today! I waited all day for them, basically being so nervous and unable to work, and it turns out the lab results are not ready. I had to go to an outside testing place for some reason, and I was there when it just opened at 7:30am. I still had an hour wait to get my blood drawn. I was almost in tears when I was told at 4:30pm that I had to wait until tomorrow to get my results. I'm really upset as I've been so nervous about the results, it's all I can think about!

That is the hardest part of pregnancy (and TTC) - all the WAITING. I'm so sorry that you had to wait even longer for your beta results. Fingers crossed for you that everything looks good when you finally get the results (which will hopefully be within minutes of me posting this LOL).

Anyway, I did the happy dance for Mum, but want to officially do one for you, too. I am so excited for you!!! And for Kai!!! and your DH!!! :dance::happydance::headspin: Like Wish said, it's just so fun to witness all these BFPs! It makes me kind of nostalgic for pregnancy (at least the beginning of it!). I hope you have a better experience with your tummy this time around. I've heard each pregnancy can be really different with how you body reacts.

Thanks so much Wicky and Wish! And thank you for that cute happy dance, Wicky! Both your enthusiasm means so much to me, especially since I'm still waiting, and getting increasingly upset and frustrated!

I was only called after 4pm yesterday, and the case manager simply asked me if I had taken the blood test. Only then, when they are supposed to give us the results on the day itself? She is so non proactive. She should have called me or the lab earlier. When I told her that I had done it in the morning, only then did she say that she'd call the lab to find out.

Then she called back to apologize that the results would only be ready the next day (today). But I haven't heard a peep from her all day. I sent an email at 10am to ask, and then I called at 12 and left a message. And now it's 2pm! I've basically been waiting for the results since yesterday morning, and I don't think it's acceptable for her to not at least reach out to me. It's like she doesn't know/care that we are anxious when we wait for these things. I'm so upset, but I never can complain to people about things. And so I wait...

Last edited:
I sent an unhappy email, and I got the call soon after... 2nd Beta is 538, so it more than doubled! Funny thing was that I somehow thought at first that 550 was approximately double of my last Beta (of 229). I was very happy when I realized that the results were better than I thought. I think the mind fog has already started!

Thanks, Wish! Haha, I did think that when I was pregnant with Kai. The numbers were very similar to this time around: 215/545 then, and 229/538 now. I'm hoping that this means this is a strong embie like he was!

Mum, any new symptoms? How are you feeling?

I woke up with a bad back, and then it spasmed up so bad I didn't know I if I could bring Kai to daycare. I had to have the carers take him from me outside the room as I couldn't hold on to him any longer. Normally DH and I go together, but he had to be at work early. I have degenerate discs and my back acts up sometimes, but this was so bad that I couldn't really walk or move around. My cramps have been also very bad today, so I don't know if that aggravated it, or the back aggravated my cramps... I'm trying heat and massage on it right now at home during my lunch break.

@mikihope that sounds great. Hope everything goes smoothly for you.

No real new symptoms here yet but I’m struggling with sciatica at the moment. Saw the gp today and I told her I was pregnant so couldn’t really take anything. She is looking at referring me for antenatal physio. Hope it’s soon. This pain is just awful. Been hankering after fish so had fish and chips today in my local Wetherspoons. Unfortunately I felt sick after :( Enjoyed it though!

Have also bought a groupon voucher for an early scan so booking that in the morning. Hoping for 2nd aug when I’ll be 7+6. Feeling quite anxious about it. Hate going to the toilet as keep expecting the worst....

Mum- Fish and chips sounds wonderful! As a kid, I used to love eating those wrapped in newspaper when my family would visit my aunt in Woking. Wow, I didn't know you could get Groupon vouchers for scans! I hope that you got the slot that you wanted, and that time passes really fast for you. I wish I could make it less stressful for you, I know how slow it seems to get when you are so worried. My scan is on the 22nd, and I'm terrified. I'll try to stay away from google...

Poor you, I get sciatica too and I find it very painful. Coincidentally, the same thing that is causing my current back spasms causes sciatica for me. I have the same issue as you're facing now, I can't take anything except Tylenol for my back, and it is so painful!

I just noticed that my eyesight is terrible. I forgot about that symptom of pregnancy! Some of them are so strange...

Mikihope aren’t they just!!!

Yes, groupon regularly have scan offers on. I paid half price, it should have been £70. I managed to get booked in for the 1st aug at 1pm. I shall update when I’ve been.

I couldn’t have the antenatal physio as I’m not far enough so had to go through the self referral process so hoping it’s soon as it’s annoying and I am in quite an amount of pain. It’s only on the left side now which is a bonus but it still hurts!!!

Am I okay to join this thread? I'm 38 and in my 2nd cycle of TTC #2

Mum- It's great that you got a scan for half price, and for approximately the date you wanted. I will be thinking good thoughts for you, I hope that your scan goes really well!
I'm sorry you havemt managed to get your sciatica pain seen to. Are you trying to do anything for it at home in the meantime? I'm taking the day off work tomorrow, my back is still bad but slowly getting better with my home rehab. Twisting to give myself the progesterone shots is still very difficult, but getting easier each day. At least I'm not immobilized by the spasms, and I can move around better!

Welcome, Wanting and Rachael! Here's hoping that you get your BFP's soon too!

AFM- Wondering if nausea will start early for me again this time. The last time, I was already fighting nausea soon after the 4 week mark. I've stocked up on things this weekend to help with potential nausea, if/when it hits. I've been a bit worried that I'm 5 weeks along and don't really seem to be feeling it yet, though. I hated the nausea when I had it, but now I'm worried about having less symptoms this time around.

Last edited:
Thank you...... just going through my second batch of consecutive losses. It’s just about done so at least I can try and make more changes now.

Congrats on everyone’s pregnancies

Thank you miki. I’ll pop a post up once I’ve been.
I’m trying to keep moving and keep stretching as I find it helps. Just waiting for the physio referral to be responded to so I can get that sorted. Had to have physio for it before. It’s so annoying!!!
Hope your back is feeling much better soon hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"