BFP is not as dark as control line. STILL

mamanurse

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I have a slightly irregular cycle and me and hubs have been trying and trying much like the rest of us. 2 days ago I was a "day" late for my period (or early, who knows with me). I tested, 2 lines. It's faint, but obvious and not a squinter. I waited and retested this morning and again, 2 lines, pink, but faint. I am feeling like this isn't real because shouldn't it get darker? Will I just lose this baby? (I've had Chem before where the line was faint then the next day gone altogether).
I guess I'm also in disbelief because aside from sore boobs (which I always get anyway) I feel nothing else!

I don't know why I can't upload a pic. It says the file is too large. Anyone have some experience with this? I wish I could be more excited!

P.s sorry for errors, on mobile

Congrats on your bfp!!I would say the best would be to get your blood hcg values testes on alternate days to see if they double. Try and stay positive I know it's tough but don't give up!! Good luck!

And the lines depend on the concentration of your urine too

Thanks,

My urine is pretty concentrate I do it first thing in the morning. I spotted for 2 days where I would normally spot (3 days ago) and then it stopped and later today I saw some light brown/pink spotting on my liner so I'm pretty skeptical. I know I got a bfp but I'm not sure the little one will stick. I think I'll wait a couple days and just see where this goes. Not feeling too optimistic!
:(

Mine wasn't until 15dpo with twins and my hcg was doubling every 35 hours. Try not to stress :). At 13 dpo I was at 137 so I would have been over 300 to get a line as dark as the control

Thanks,

My urine is pretty concentrate I do it first thing in the morning. I spotted for 2 days where I would normally spot (3 days ago) and then it stopped and later today I saw some light brown/pink spotting on my liner so I'm pretty skeptical. I know I got a bfp but I'm not sure the little one will stick. I think I'll wait a couple days and just see where this goes. Not feeling too optimistic!

I think you can better consult with your doctor. Don't lose hope:hugs:

Wow twins! I think I'm maybe 14 dpo? I got a positive o test 15 days ago so if I ovulated the next 12-36 hours then that would put me somewhere between 13-14 dpo today. I'll just see where this goes!

Thanks,

I think you can better consult with your doctor. Don't lose hope:hugs:

Thanks, I work the next 2 days, 12 hour shifts so I won't be in to see my GP until weds earliest. If I don't start bleeding full on by then I'll go in but if I do then I'll give them a call, see what they say. The spotting is super light, like just light pale brown and not enough to hardly smear a liner but I was pretty dry the last 2 days so, who knows. Maybe the little one will hold on for dear life in my uterus or maybe it's not meant to be. Either way I'll try to enjoy the fact that I haven't lost anything at this time :winkwink:

I had a lot of early bleeding, and my gyn always said bleeding is more common than you think. It's when the bleeding is heavy or accompanied with pain that you have to worry. So hoping your beanie sticks! I do still think you should go in because if you need attention you will get it and if not you will get reassurance :)

Here is the link to my announcement thread. It has my betas and test progression pics in the second post for reference.
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/bfp-announcements/2342757-lucky-7-a.html

Juse a quick update for those who might come accross this thread- I ended up having a CP, my test line got slightly darker but I spotted for about 4 days until I cramped and started bleeding. So! That's that. Good news is we were able to conceive, bad news not able to keep it viable. I followed up with my gyn who will take my progesterone levels this cycle to rule out luteal phase defect (I ovulate around CD 24-25 and bleed on avg around day 33-35). Here goes another month!

I'm so sorry! CP's are the worst! (Well not the worst but pretty dang evil) I just had one last month. Makes me want to not even test till late (even though that's what YOU did) but I become a bit POAS psycho in the 2WW

I am so sorry to hear that but happy to hear you are looking on the bright side/your doctor is addressing it now. Really hope the progesterone is the key. Lots of baby dust

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->