BFP Ladies from MAY we all be blessed with baby! TTC May '13 and beyond[Closed Group]

I guess someone forgot to tell that to my children daddiesgift. DS wouldn't co-operate at all and this one was quite happy let us know she was a girl. Then again I got told boys are lazy and girls kick loads, again my children are reverse on this. I have no lazy madam half the time. Then again I've also heard it the other way round so who knows. Good luck daddiesgift and let us know. I'm getting excited for you.

Hopeful: I didn't do anything differently minus skip breakfast as I woke up late and was rushing around to get to my scan. We didn't get all measurements first time though as she refused to roll to get her back, but managed everything else.

Hopeful, that's so soon, hoping you find out and can celebrate the holidays knowing whether you are having a boy or girl.

I'm dying to find out! My family wants to throw me a shower when I'm back in the U.S. for the holidays next week (through January). They never got to do one for me (friends kindly did here in Germany) since my first was born so far away, so it would be special for them to know when I go back so I can tell them in person.

KKsy, So happy to hear the news that your baby Charles is perfect! I'm sure that helps so much!

@daddiesgift That sounds about what I would do to try to get baby to cooperate. :haha: I see your prediction in your signature, but I'll wait patiently to ask/talk about it until you update! :haha:

@kksy9b I really hope baby is not shy either! Perhaps boys are easier to see and more showy! :haha: I asked when I scheduled if I should have a big breakfast or a full bladder and they said not to worry about it, but I plan to be prepared with a full bladder and something with sugar.

@melann13 She did a great job of showing. I hope mine does too regardless of gender. Were they getting pictures of the heart because it was your 20 week scan and they were checking everything at that point? I'm not sure what all they will do with me since it's an earlier scan and I'll still have the 20 week scan in January. It might just be a look for gender, although I may ask her to look around just to make sure everything looks good. :thumbup:

@mummy2o It's so interesting how kids can be so different. I've tried to look into all of the gender prediction 'myths' and some say girl and some say boy. Happy 27 weeks! :happydance:

@KatyW I REALLY hope you get to find out next week before you come back! I imagine they would love to find out. Are you having a shower either way? They could buy neutral and if you did find out you could announce then! If not, could you find a place around where you're going that offers private scans? Perhaps you could find one that wasn't too expensive and even let some of your family come when you find out! :thumbup:

@imaginary8x :hi: Some of us are caught up in waiting to find out genders! :haha: How are you? You're over halfway there!

@imaginary8x :hi: Some of us are caught up in waiting to find out genders! :haha: How are you? You're over halfway there!

I'm not team yellow anymore as baby had bits on show right away at my scan lol so I'm team blue now. :p everything is good with me. :)

I thought I already updated everywhere :haha:

:pink::pink::pink:

At first she had her legs crossed :dohh: so I just knew we'd be leaving not knowing again but we got her to move just by pushing and the tech starts taking lots of pics and told us girl for sure!!! My midwife appt was right after so I showed her and she said she thinks girls as well! We'll double check at my OB scan January 6!

I cried, my OH looked so happy, my mom called and she cried! We went to the store and bought some cute outfits and hair bows to announce to everyone!!

yay!

4 days until gender scan :happydance:

baby has had no problem showing us there butt before so he/she had better not get shy now :haha:

Yay!!! Congratulations daddiesgift! Are your boys excited to be having a little sister?

Thanks ladies! Well they are 27 months and 12 months old so they have no idea :haha: the baby sure doesn't though he watched the screen the whole time and kept looking at me weird. Maybe he remembers his ultrasounds :haha: our oldest is asked what he wants but I don't think he knows the difference in boy or girl yet. He says "he" or "she" when referring to stuff so maybe! I have a four month old girl in care (I'm an in home child care provider for the military) and he always wants to hold her and hug and kiss her so I think he's good to go! Anthony, the baby, I'm not so sure about. He acts much more jealous than our first ever did. At first he wanted me to have nothing to do with the baby in care. He cried when I talked to her, held her, fed her ect so he has some learning to do!

Congrats Daddiesgift!

@ Hopeful, yes the heart measurements were because it was the 20 wk scan. The appt was about an hour and they measured EVERYTHING. We didn't have any other prenatal testing. If there had been any soft markers during the scan of issues we may have considered blood tests, but nothing invasive. Nothing would ever lead us to end the pregnancy, EVER, but if we thought there was a chance of something major we would've wanted to be prepared and get educated. They look at kidney blood flow, the cord, the brain, the heart, limb length, count all fingers and toes etc. It's wonderful to be able to watch them that long. Of course I was most excited about the 3D face pics (my avitar). Our appt wasn't until 21.5 weeks because DH was gone on business during week 20 and I didn't want to go without him.

Congrats daddiesgift. I can't believe we're both having girls after having boys. Although admittedly mine was only one, then again I never thought I'd have another child.

Hopeful: Thank you. Its been a good day. Saw DS in a school piano performance. He was good considering its not the easiest thing for him and he's only been playing since October. He was near the beginning so we could go when he got bored. His sister was kicking me when he was playing, despite not being the first. Then when the professionals played (the piano teacher is in a string quartet and an orchestra) I had DS clapping and her kicking. They clearly both love music.

congrats daddiesgift on your girl and imaginary on your boy!

AFM currently at doc office waiting to be called in back for appointment. ahhh! so nervous :wacko:

@imaginary8x Oh! I know you wanted to be team yellow too! It seems little boys are not afraid to show. :haha: I'll add :blue: on the front.

@daddiesgift Congratulations on :pink: I know you wanted a girl so much and I'm happy you'll get her! That's amazing! She'll be a lucky girl to have two older brothers to look after her. We are thinking about announcing gender to grandparents by showing outfits we pick out after the scan as well. I was really excited about doing some type of gender reveal, but it's so close before Christmas! Congratulations!!

@magicwhisper I go the day after you!! I hope the babies are not shy at all! Do you have any last minute thoughts/guesses before you go? :flower:

@melann13 I think being able to see baby for a long time would be amazing. I am so curious as to what baby is doing. I did get to see baby moving arms around at my 10 week scan, but I can't wait to see the flips and lots of movement. My 20 week scan will be the only scan for prenatal testing too. They don't do a 12 week scan, but said we can do blood testing if we wanted before 20 weeks. I think we'll wait for the 20 week scan and then have the blood test if anything suggests we should. I wouldn't want to go without my husband either. :flower:

@mummy2o That's amazing. Do you play music for baby yet? Perhaps you could find some music to play for your son and the baby. That would be such a sweet way to bond. Congrats to him for playing! My niece wouldn't be able to do that (she has autism), but she does like listening to music. She still loves to push the buttons on her Wiggles guitar from when she was a baby. :flower:

@ALiKO Let us know how the appointment goes. Will you get to check for gender again at this appointment? If so, I hope baby cooperates! :flower:

well i think im having a girl, matt thinks a boy :haha: so we will soon find out :D

Hopeful, if your niece gets the right teacher she'll be able to learn. DS has autism and loves music, so its seemed like a good idea. He's probably a bit older right now though at 6, but he has known his teacher his whole school life as its Guy's mummy as he use to say. Now she's called Linzi since he knows her better. She teaches children from a really young age. 3 or 4 which is roughly were he is developmentally right now, so its a good thing. In their music lessons they don't just play the piano, she gives him cymbals to teach him soft and load, then helps him play by putting her fingers over his. She also has coloured dots with numbers on for keys C-G to help encourage him and her other younger member to play on their own. I will admit it not for everyone though. He goes to school with this boy, who's mum is really annoying. Basically anything your child is doing hers has to do too. So we asked about piano lessons, then she said Oh Brandon will love that also. Turns out he hates it and won't be going after Christmas.

Good luck on your gender scans this week! I get so excited when others are getting theirs done, especially if they want a gender and get what they want.

@mummy2o She was diagnosed at two or three and was in a developmentally delayed (not specifically for autism) class for the first two years of school. She did make a lot of progress with social skills and basic skills once she moved into her new school which has a classroom that specializes in students with autism. She's ten years old now, but she'll be eleven soon. She can't talk at all. She did start speech therapy when she was much younger, but while it hasn't helped with actual speech she shows you what she wants and uses sign language for some things.

It sounds like your son has a great teacher in Linzi. I think using music to teach those concepts is really good especially since he likes it so much. I'd love for her to find something that she can be passionate about. She really likes being outdoors and water so I try to do as much as possible with those activities.

I can't wait for the gender scan! I hope baby cooperates!

hey ladies!

i hope everyone is doing fabulous and enjoying their pregnancies!
i had my 20 week scan on saturday and everything went well i am so happy :)

i think its time to annouce that i am team PINK :) i cant believe it i really thought i was having a boy. we saw babies bottom and even though we did'nt see the "hamburger" shape babies bottom was flat with nothing poking out. so my doc said yea this is most likely a girl. even though i didnt really like his wording as i felt it was'nt very reassuring, i'll take it as this baby has been teasing me long enough :haha:. i showed my cousin who had a girl and she said her scan pic's looked exactly the same and that its a girl. also everyone i showed so far unanimously agree its a girl. at this point you would most diffinitely see something especially becuase doc says baby is big and measuring ahead of gestational age.

omg i still cant believe im team pink. this is so surreal.

@ALiKO Congratulations!! :pink: That's wonderful news! I bet it was a surprise since you thought baby was a boy. I'll add :pink: to the front!! :happydance: Now you have to think of names and everything :pink: !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->