BFP Ladies from MAY we all be blessed with baby! TTC May '13 and beyond[Closed Group]

Congratulations on the baby girl buttercup! Have yoh started thinking of names?

Magicwhisper- almost there!! Have you had an internal to see where you are?

Melann- I'm a few posts back k on saying this but oh my goodness! Felicity is so adorable!!

We are doing well over here! Charles has his two week check up tomorrow and I'm curious to see how much weight he has gained- he is definitely a champion eater! He continues to be such a light in our lives and my DH and I are so happy he is here (tiring days and nights and everything).

Melann, your baby is beautiful and very happy -looking. So precious.

Kksyb, glad to hear things are going so well!

Nope they don't do internals until 40 weeks here so i have no clue if im dilated at all

@Buttercup84 Congrats on another baby girl. I remember Nancy wanted a girl. That will be a lot of fun.

Congrats aliko!

I'm 18 weeks today, I can't believe it. I feel like it's flying by. I have an appt Tuesday and set up the gender scan.

I'm thinking girl as is dh but I guess it's a 50/50 shot lol.

hey ladies im still hangin around. sry i havent been on much or updated just so busy these days! :) i am now 6 days post partum and me and little one were discharged from the hospital early yesterday morning (average hospital stay here is 5 days for a vaginal delivery).

i went into labor the day after my due date April 28th at around 8pm and gave birth April 29th at 1:33am. it started off as period like cramps and then started to progress into more sharper pains with tightness. i was unsure if it meant anything as about 2 weeks prior i went to the hospital in false labor so i decided to wait it out a bit. the pain started to become more intense and at that point i called my husband to come home just in case. now at 9pm pain was more intense to the point where i told my husband to take me to the hospital. when i got to the hospital the nurse performed an internal check and i was already 5cm dilated and in active labor!

to make a long story short from the time i got my 1st contraction at 8pm, to the time i had my baby at 1:33am brings my labor to a total of 5 hours! my birth was all natural unmedicated so labor came hard and fast. after i did gave birth i lost a lot of blood and actually fainted twice. but it corrected itself and i did not need a transfusion or anything.

her name is Hana :)

hope everyones doing well :flower:

Thanks for sharing, Aliko! Congratulations again.

I am getting nervous / excited since I am planning to do a natural birth for the second time.

I hope you are healing well, and enjoying time at home with your baby girl :)

Aliko I'm glad you got a natural birth and labour wasn't bad for you.

I was going to call Erika Hana for a while. I even said to my OH when I was 6 weeks pregnant I'm going to have a girl and call her Hana. At 20 weeks her name changed to Kimi for a bit, but back to Hana. Then at 38 weeks I went off the name, so she was nameless until the recovery room. If you hadn't noticed all my names can be used as Japanese names also. The only one which was mentioned which wasn't was Alice, which ended up being her middle name.

Congrats again.

@athena87 Finding out the gender will be so exciting!

@ALiKO That's an amazing birth story. I bet it was wonderful to have such a short labor time. I'm glad that everything went well with you and Hana. Congratulations!

Congrats aliko!

I'm 18 weeks today, I can't believe it. I feel like it's flying by. I have an appt Tuesday and set up the gender scan.

:thumbup: you have your gender scan day before mine :D Getting really exciting isn't it!?

Thanks ladies it is very exciting.

Jessicasmum, I haven't set up the appt for my gender scan yet, I just have a regular appt tomorrow.

I think we have the first name pretty much decided but it's a tough one to find a middle name for so that'll give us something to mull over for the next 18 or so weeks :winkwink:
jessicasmum and athena, can't wait to find out what you're both having :happydance:
Aliko, glad you had a swift and generally good first labour experience and also glad you didn't need the transfusion. I had one with my DD and, daft as it sounds, I hate that it means I can't give blood anymore! Sounds like they take good care of new mums in Japanese hospitals, I stayed 2 nights with my DD but only because of my large blood loss. It's usually just 1 night for a natural birth but I know quite a few ladies over here that had 4 hour discharges even with their first.

My hospital was 2 nights following a vaginal birth and 3-4 following C-section. I was glad Felicity was born in the morning (granted I'd already been there 2 days) so I got 2.5 days in the hospital before going home. I loved being home, but I loved all the free delicious order whenever you want food and nurses helping me do everything part.

Thanks ladies it is very exciting.

Jessicasmum, I haven't set up the appt for my gender scan yet, I just have a regular appt tomorrow.

Sorry I miss read your post. Hope you don't have to wait long for your scan :)

Oh I am scared of vaginal birth, but when I read stories like Aliko's, I realize the aftermath is easier compared to c section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->