BFP Ladies from MAY we all be blessed with baby! TTC May '13 and beyond[Closed Group]

Tucks pads are little wet pads with witch hazel soaked into them. They offer relief for hemorrhoids and soreness after vaginal childbirth. I used them last time and have stocked up again. Yeah, sold in America.

I was afraid of hospitals but surprisingly was not too affected by it when I delivered the first time. It felt like a hotel sort of, ha....with enormous maxi pads

My hospital was fantastic. I didn't feel the stitches either. I had no interest in a mirror to watch the whole thing, but after I was done pushing I looked up and realized I could see the reflection of "down there" in the light above me! At that point it was a mess down there and I kept telling myself to just listen to the baby crying and not stare at what was going on. I couldn't feel what they were doing down there, but watching made me think I could... power of suggestion I guess
Tucks pads are great, hopsital gave me some hemmoroid cream to slather on pads for down there which helped with all the swelling (not just hemmoroids). I never bought the Tucks, but I always have witch hazel in the house (I use it to clean my makeup off) and just soaked cotton discs in it and put them on my maxi if I needed some extra cooling relief. That need didn't last long though.
Finally- magic whisper- a pre labor clear out is a great sign! It's totally an early sign of labor. I was wishing for diarrhea for two weeks! :)

Melann-I made the nurses put towels over all the reflective surfaces at the back of the room....I had zero interest in seeing what was happening down there! lol

All right, in labor and at the hospital. Epidural kicked in :). So much for a drug free birth, this has been more intense than anticipated. Will keep you ladies posted.

Yeah Katy! Just in time for Mother's Day! My epidural was wonderful! Hope you enjoy yours! (I plan to try for without again next time, but when it happens and you need it, you might as well just enjoy it!)

Yay!!! Looking forward to hearing your good news Katy!! Enjoy your sweet new little one!

Magicwhispher- how are you feeling? Any more labor signs? Just keep in mind that symptoms can come and go as your body gets ready. I had about 3 weeks of early labor signs before it kick started. All my fingers and toes are crossed for you though that baby Ella makes her appearance soon for you!

And I definitely second that Melann! I went in not wanting one but things happen and its better to roll with it and enjoy the process (oh my goodness...that hour of sleep after it kicked in but before pushing ...amongst the best sleep I've ever had lol)

She is here! 8 lb 15 ounces, 21 inches long,born right after midnight on Mother's Day locally :). Faye Amelia. Pics to follow. L and D went really well, about 12 hrs total.labor but only half hour ( or so of pushing with just a few stitches.

@KatyW Congratulations! Enjoy baby Faye and Mother's Day. We can't wait for pictures. I've updated the front and added you to the parenting thread. I'll add the information for DD#1 to the parenting thread if you want me to as well.

Yeah Katy!! Congrats!

Kksy, considering I went 12 or 16 hrs without the epidural (depending on how I count it) and didn't have her for almost 24hrs after having my epidural, there's no way I would've made it without. The epidural allowed me to rest and function during the 30some odd hours and be ready to push (since that took 3+ hours in and of itself.) definitely don't regret my decision! ;)

Congratulations!

Pre labour signs but no actual labour signs which is fuatrating!

Had gender scan Wednesday and we are team :pink: again!! Really thought she was a boy so a bit of a shock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->