BFP this morning! How did you tell your family?

lilbecksxx

Reaction score
I finally got my BFP this morning! We have been trying for 15 months & were just about to start on a course of Clomid.

I am still in total shock, I never thought I would get to come to this section!!!!

My husband is in total shock! I worked out I am around 3 weeks 6 days!

Im waiting on the call from my OBGYN to schedule a blood test to confirm, and w e are gonna wait until we get that back first before we tell family.

My question is, how did you tell your family?? My husbands parents will be overjoyed, my parents will probably be upset at first (my parents think they are too young to be grandparents!)

Ooooh!! Congrats and welcome!!

What a trawl.....15 months!!! Well done.

I would definitly wait until everything is confirmed, then you will be more relaxed. Though I haven't been confirmed yet. I have my first appointment with the midwife on Monday at 8 weeks.

I haven't told my family yet. Planning on telling the parents at just under 11 weeks as we have a christmas party to go to. Then, the rest of the family will be told on xmas day.

H & H 9 months to you.

I hope you plan a special way to tell them.

N xx

Thank you!! :D I am still shaking, I can't believe it!!

Just last night, I was having a major breakdown about how it was never gonna happen!!!!

His parents will be easy, but I text my Aunt and she is gonna help me figure out a way to tell them once everything is confirmed!

Congratulations - hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months :)

Im 7 weeks and a told a few family members last week - initially wanted to wait until 12 weeks but i couldnt!!! plan on telling work colleagues and other friends at 12 weeks tho. Wish i was 12 weeks now.

good luck and sticky dust xx

congars you are due the same day as me 25th July????

i phoned my mum & dad last night and said are you sitting down and then told them my dad said i would end up the a shed load my mum said could i not keep my leg crossed for a few more months as iam due a week befor my 2 boys b'day. the day after my cousins boys b'day and 2 days befor my nice's

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Your story is so similar to mine - we TTC for 16 months and conceived the cycle before I was supposed to go on Clomid... Anyway, just wanted to point out how crazy it was for me to read my own story coming from someone else. ;)

I'm glad your aunt is gonna support and help you. Hopefully your parents surprise you by being really excited! And, it will be lots of fun at least for you two to tell your husband's parents, since you KNOW they'll be excited!

We were NTNP since April time, so it was a bit of a shock it happened so quickly...but once I knew I couldnt wait to tell! I told my mum and his mum and dad within the hour, then the next day, my brother, SIL, and his brother and SIL. And my best friend.
We had a scan on Sunday showing a little healthy bean, so we just went ahead and announced it on facebook yesterday lol.

Hi! Congratulations! We haven't told anyone yet and it's killing me as I normally tell my mum everything! We are planning on telling them after the 12 week scan! We are putting the scan pic in frames and giving them to our parents at xmas

Hi! Congratulations! We haven't told anyone yet and it's killing me as I normally tell my mum everything! We are planning on telling them after the 12 week scan! We are putting the scan pic in frames and giving them to our parents at xmas

That's similar to what we're doing!! :happydance::happydance:

We have the scan next wednesday so planning to give them early christmas cards with the scan pic in :happydance: I can't wait!!

How exciting!!

XX

Awww congratulations!!! I found out yesterday too!! I'm thrilled and you lot have cool ideas they will make great gifts:) i was planning on getting a congratulations card and pinning the scan inside saying " congratulations on your first grandchild", my scan won't be until around 7th jan so can't do the Christmas gift idea, hope you have a healthy pregnancy :) xxxx

congrats guys! good luck holding it in! we said we were going to wait until christmas, but everyone knows already:) we are blabbermouths haha.

Hi lilbecks - Congrats on your BFP! I just got mine this morning too! I tested for the first time this morning, I am 14dpo and the test line was just as dark as the control line. We were trying for 19 months and I am over the moon :)

I go in for beta tomorrow.

I was thinking of telling our parents at Thanksgiving dinner. My parents and DH's parents are all getting together for Thanksgiving and I was going to have DH say the prayer and say something along the lines of "And Thank you Lord for the little baby growing in Kelly's stomach". Granted I will only be about 5.5 weeks by then but I would want our parents to know either way (even if, God forbid, this pregnancy doesn't end well). They know how long we've been trying and I want them there to support us and pray for us all along the way.

Also, I did IVF so there is a good chance I may have twins. I won't know that until the 6 week scan and if we do and all is good and healthy we will make that into a big surprise around Christmas time.

Congrats!!! Well, I don't plan on saying anything to my side of the family until I reach at least 4 months, to make sure everything is okay. I plan on sending them the link to my pregnancy journal. But anyway.... my fiance couldn't hold it. His whole family knows about it. lol.

Congrats :happydance: We haven't told our families yet, waiting until after my first scan which is tomorrow. So maybe this weekend??!! I think i'm going to make copies of the scan and frame it and put them in gift bags and hand it to them to open. :)

A few friends know ... flying to I laws but wont tell them .. hopefully. Both set of parents will come here for Christmas, wanna tell them then .. will see if we can hold in. With my daughter everyone knew by 4 weeks

I finally got my BFP this morning! We have been trying for 15 months & were just about to start on a course of Clomid.

Congrats!! I totally understand the relief and excitement you're feeling right now. The hubby and I tried for 18 months. We were in the midst of fertility testing when we discovered we were going to be parents.

My question is, how did you tell your family?? My husbands parents will be overjoyed, my parents will probably be upset at first (my parents think they are too young to be grandparents!)

The hubby and I told our immediate family the same day we got the BFP. Since they live in a different state than we do, we told them over the phone. Both families knew we had been struggling to get pregnant for a LONG time, so we just cut right to the chase: "We have good news!! You're going to be Grandparents!!"

There was happiness all around.

I'm waiting to tell the rest of the family, our friends, and co-workers until after our first ultra-sound at 9 weeks. I'm probably going to tell my boss first (just so she doesn't hear about it from someone else), then phone calls to friends, a FB announcement, and a special announcement in our Christmas newsletter.

Best of luck spreading your good news.

Well we called our parents & siblings and they were all SO happy!!! My parents were shocked, but really happy! :) Hopefully going for my first scan around Christmas time, so we are going to put a copy of the scan photo in a card for my grandparents to open on Christmas day!!

Congratulations!! Its such a relief when you've been trying for a while. I told my parents right away. I was in 2 minds about telling them because I had a mc with the first pregnancy and was totally gutted to have to tell them it wasnt happening after all and my mum was bitterly disappointed so I agonised over whether to wait til the 12 week scan this time but I caved in and told them a few days after this bfp.

I love peoples reaction when you tell them. They will be sitting there all relaxed and you drop it in to conversation and wait for the response and theres usually a second where their mind is trying to process it and they just look at you blank then their face suddenly changes with the surprise. I love that moment, its priceless. Ive had a few of those moments over the last few weeks.

Congratulations on your BFP!!

I've already told my sister, but I don't plan to tell the rest of my family for a little while. Early pregnancy is a tenuous time for me, and I want to wait and see how things go before I spread the good news.

I didn't plan to tell my DDs until after my first scan, but they figured it out. Smart girls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->