BFP today and already worried about gender :(

Pearls18

Reaction score
We had a surprise BFP today, the condom split 5 days before ovulation (although my BFP was quite strong on the FRER so I am beginning to doubt when I ovulated) I've started taking folic acid but I haven't done any of the things I wanted to do to swing girl, everything will be just like last time, caffeine, bananas, chocolate etc. the BFP in itself is a bit of a shock I need to overcome because there's a few reasons why we needed to wait 2 months, this is going to sound horrible but I hope you guys will understand but I feel like the only thing that will make me not care about the fact I'm due on Christmas Eve and all the other issues is if she's a girl. I'm feeling like such a horrible person right now.

Congratulations. I know its a surprise and earlier than you planned but maybe this is just 'meant to be'.

I'm feeling much better this afternoon, it's sunk in a little and I've done the sums and calmed down a bit!!

:hugs: hope you get your princess, but no matter what the outcome is, I know you'll fall in love with whatever the gender is once you meet :)

Congratulations on your BFP! Hope you get your girl!

1st of all congratulations on your bfp!
Happy and healthy 9 mths!
When I finally got my bfp after trying for 6 mths ( 3rd pregnancy hoping for a girl ) all I could think about was it needs to be a girl please be a girl myself, daddy and brothers want a girl. It was consuming my every though and I miscarried!
So please, please try relax and hope for your girl but try not to stress yourself out :)
It was seriously all I could think about I wasn't even sleeping it was horrible.
As much as I'm desperate for a girl I'm really hoping for a sticky healthy bean to join us. This is now our 8th cycle and hoping we get there. I've given a half arsed attempt at taking calcium and magnesium, folic acid and using a little bit of sylk lube.

Hi, huge congratulations :) I remember you in the wtt sections. I'm sorry it's happened a little earlier than planned but great news that it has happened :).... I remember you being worried about the gender of 2nd baby too. I hope you get what you want, but if you don't then I'm sure you will fall in love straight away and that your little boy will love having a brother!

I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months x

Thank you, I know I am being irrational and selfish and ungrateful but I can come here and nobody judges, I really appreciate that :flower: feeling really excited now, I am just excited to give DS a sibling and am kinda happy it has happened a tad sooner so that if it is a boy there will only be 3 years ish between them so hopefully they can have lots of fun playing together, which of course a girl could to. I am just kicking myself for testing so early because now the agony of getting past the first couple weeks is so much longer!

We all understand the feelings and thought processes that go along with gender desire and gender disappointment. Its great having people to talk to who are not going to judge you and make you feel any worse than you already are, because lets face it even while we are feeling that we desperately want one gender we are beating ourselves up for caring and feeling awful incase its the opposite gender.

I completely understand how you feel. I have 1 DD age 3 and I wanted her to be a boy soooo bad I had no doubt in my mind until she was confirmed girl at 20 weeks lol. Now I am pregnant again and I go for an ultrasound tomorrow and can't help but feel a little down because I know they will scream girl again. I will love my baby no matter what and would never treat my baby different because of gender but I just can't help but wanting a son of my own. This is me and DH last baby so I really hope and pray it will be a boy.

Please take all of my pink dust and please pass me some blue
FX'ed for your GIRL!!!

I completely understand how you feel. I have 1 DD age 3 and I wanted her to be a boy soooo bad I had no doubt in my mind until she was confirmed girl at 20 weeks lol. Now I am pregnant again and I go for an ultrasound tomorrow and can't help but feel a little down because I know they will scream girl again. I will love my baby no matter what and would never treat my baby different because of gender but I just can't help but wanting a son of my own. This is me and DH last baby so I really hope and pray it will be a boy.

Please take all of my pink dust and please pass me some blue
FX'ed for your GIRL!!!

Bless you hun I am praying boy for you, keep us updated.

congrats again :)

I feel guilty about gender preference and i'm not even pregnant yet :/

:hugs:

If I am being honest I don't hold much credit in swaying although alot of it is convincing. When i see someone who has say 2/3 boys and then sways and gets pink; you will never know if it is because they swayed or they just got a pink sperm (lol pink sperm:haha:) for once. I think you have as much chance as anyone :flower:

Although I did make OH ditch red meat about 3 months ago and I think he thinks I am crazy :haha:

Thank you!!! I go for my scan in an hour so I will update you guys when I get back.
Have a sick feeling in my stomach :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->