BFP yesterday, BFN today ? :(

sjackson310

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Yesterday, I got my first ever BFP. My LP is always 11 days.
At 10 dpo, I took a clearblue digital after an 4 hour hold and it took like 3+ minutes before it finally read "not pregnant". Yesterday, at 11 dpo, I took a clear blue digital and it took like 5 seconds before it instantly read "pregnant". This was with like an 8 hour hold.

So this morning, I went pee, then went out for a 5 mile walk to Walmart and decided to buy the clearblue digital with how many weeks you are test. I also (I know, I am bad) bought a large iced coffee from McDonalds and drank it on the way home. After a 2.5 hour hold (and the coffee, if that matters) I went pee on this fancy clearblue digital and it took like 3+ minutes before it simply said "not pregnant".

So now I am sad because I am thinking this was a chemical pregnancy :( It was our first month TTC. I am going to take another test later tonight after holding my pee for a long time, but if that says negative I am then out I guess :( No bleeding or anything yet. Does the whole 4 hour hold really matter after you get your first BFP? I figured 2.5 hours would be good enough. I did have that 24 oz iced coffee, plus one glass of water prior to my walk. Would that affect it? Has this happened to anyone else before and everything turned out okay? :cry:

Anyone? Please? I am sure someone has been through this before :cry:

I don't know exactly, I'm in a similar spot right now :(

I had 1-2 weeks on 2 digi but today it said "not pregnant" trying to believe it's just a bad read of the hormones in my pee today, going to try not to test till tomorrow to see what's what :hugs: to you!

What time of the day did you test with each of them?

Also, sorry to hear we're in the same spot :( I had bought some booties at Walmart while I was there too :(

I had fmu with all but 1 digi which I did in the evening (was the first one) problem for me is I had what I thought was af and then got the + test so don't know if I'm having a mc or the test is from the chemical (though I tested when af came and it was maybe a evap) so really it got stronger then soon as I found out and started testing it went down :shrug: did a test this afternoon that was even worse than this morning :(

Hope you're in a better spot than me!

I had a chemical and it was never able to be read on a digital. But that was just my experience. 10dpo is early for a digi. I have a strong feeling that if u use FMU tomorrow a.m, ull see those nice pregnant words again. For a digital especially, you usually NEED fmu or 6+ hrs of holding ur urine without drinking much before it'll pick it up...well for me anyways and ive heard alot of others say the same. I'm betting that coffee u drank was what diluted ur urine and the test wasn't able to pick it up. Since the numbers double every other day or so, tomorrow ud probably have better luck testing any time of day :) Also, first response line tests are the best to use this early..or even their frer brand digi can pick up veryyyyy low levels as well. I bet ull see those beautiful words again in a day or two. If u want to ease ur mind until then, u could get a two pack of frer and one of those would def pick it up today even with a short hold if a clearblue picked it up yest :). FX! So yes, especially with a digi, the 4hr hold is much needed this early on, even after one bfp. I actually see this happen alot with digis. Good luck! Plz update!

Also, when I was pregnant with my son, I got a bfp 7-8dpo on a frer line test but it took another 4 days of testing before the words "pregnant" would show for me so I got a bfp and still got negs on those. Don't get down yet! I think ur prob just fine :)

AM - thank you for giving me some hope! I am trying to take a nap as we speak. It's been 2.5 hours of me holding my urine right now and I haven't had anything to drink so hopefully after my nap I will have a good update. I can't help but feel that I'm out this month though :/ my symptoms that I've been having the past 3 days are still here.... Crying randomly for a few minutes at a time several times a day, getting crappy sleep and keep waking up at 5am (I work nights, I usually wake up in the evening), and random bouts of nausea without actually vomiting. I'll post back in several hours when I test :(

I had fmu with all but 1 digi which I did in the evening (was the first one) problem for me is I had what I thought was af and then got the + test so don't know if I'm having a mc or the test is from the chemical (though I tested when af came and it was maybe a evap) so really it got stronger then soon as I found out and started testing it went down :shrug: did a test this afternoon that was even worse than this morning :(

Hope you're in a better spot than me!

I'm sorry to hear that :( fingers crossed for us!

I would give it another day or so and try it again hun

AM - thank you for giving me some hope! I am trying to take a nap as we speak. It's been 2.5 hours of me holding my urine right now and I haven't had anything to drink so hopefully after my nap I will have a good update. I can't help but feel that I'm out this month though :/ my symptoms that I've been having the past 3 days are still here.... Crying randomly for a few minutes at a time several times a day, getting crappy sleep and keep waking up at 5am (I work nights, I usually wake up in the evening), and random bouts of nausea without actually vomiting. I'll post back in several hours when I test :(

I guarantee ur urine was just diluted. Try to relax and not worry (I know its easier said than done!) but try as hard as u can just to keep ur body from getting too stressed. I do think u got ur bfp. If u do research on google about neg digis after a positive, its very common and then the digi will show positive again. Even when my bff had the darkest test line I have ever seen on a bfp line test, she still only was able to get 1-2 wks pregnant on a digi but by the next day it was 2-3wks. Digis usually pick up best at 10dpo/11dpo FMU and then 12dpo its more common to see a bfp after a shorter hold :). I hope this helps. I cant wait to see ur update later! :). Ive seen SOOOOO many BFP posts the past 3 days!!! May is a lucky month! Maybe it'll be lucky enough to open up my tube and allow the eggy to get through lol. If not, hopefully aug/sept will be my month! :) I'm on enzymes to try and naturally unblock my remaining tube and ive heard very good things about this enzyme and tubal blockage so FX it works! :) but either way, may is like the month full of BFP's so far lol. I bet ur one of those lucky ladies. Its very uncommon for a false positive with a digital. I want u to get a frer sooooo bad! Lol (first response). Yes i know, im more impatient then u and its ur bfp lol. They have digi yes or no tests and those can read a level as low as 12.5 made by first response :) good luck!!

Well, I took a CBD after a 4 hour hold, BFN. I took the same urine sample and did a FRER, BFN.
Then I held it for 5 hours and used the other FRER and a First Signal, both BFN. My symptoms are horrible but I think it is the last of the Hcg leaving my system. My temp had also dropped this morning too. On to the next month :/ We will be going all out with Preseed and all that stuff. Thank you ladies :/

I'm in the same boat. I'm thinking it's a chemical :/ sucks. Onto next month.

Oh no! I hope u just had an extra sensitive test with that one and that ur bfp is still on its way. Some tests are accidentally manufactured more sensitive or less sensitive then they're suppose to be. And some women CANNOT get positives unless its FMU no matter how long they hold it this early on as well. Try again tomorrow a.m w frer after a good nights sleep/long hold and if that's neg, then there's a chance a chemical may be the case :-\. I hope not. Ive never seen anyone get a pos w a digi at such an early dpo then a neg the next day so it just is shocking to me. Plus if u got a positive clearblue digi, the frer would most likely still pick up the levels the next day. Usually u get at least a couple/few days of positives w a chemical and for me, my levels didn't go down until after "AF" showed that cycle. Ive seen a pos then neg this early w the more sensitive tests tho. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that u see a positive again tomorrow! FX! I'm really rooting hard that the digi was/is correct lol. Was 10dpo the first day u tested?

I had tested on the 10th and it was negative, then on the 11th dpo in the evening it was a positive.
I just started my period about an hour ago so I'm out. I am feeling better knowing one way or the other though, so I am excited for this next cycle. Thank you everyone for the support and to the women who are experiencing similar things, good luck to you! I am buying Preseed, fertileCM, and the WONDFO ov and hpt!

Big :hugs: for you! The one thing I'm taking from this is realising we - can- get pregnant and that feels amazing despite everything else :) next time it happens I won't be so pleased but now it's just good to be fertile! :haha: best of luck to you :flower:

I'm sorry AF got u...that was going to be the next thing I said was normally when a test goes neg after a chemical, AF will usually come right then but it already looks like it did :-\. I'm sorry it didn't stick. I hope u get ur sticky bean next cycle. I was so crushed and depressed after my chemical. Dh and I had 5 days of positive tests and positive blood work and then I got AF and my bloods the next day were less then 10. I was crushed :-(. I hope u get it this next cycle. FX!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->