BFP yesterday!....chicken pox today! Help!

sammynashley

Reaction score
Title pretty much says it all really, I got my bfp yesterday and this morning my daughters woken up with what looks like chicken pox!
I've already had chicken pox but not sure if or how her having chicken pox will affect me or bean?? I'm pretty worried!

Im sure I saw a thread about the same thing a while back.
I think the lady was advised to stay away from the child as much as she could :(
Id phone up your doctors and ask just to make sure though.
Congrats btw too :) xx

Last year when I was pregnant I thought my lo had chicken pox, I asked my doctor about it and he said if I've had it then baby is protected too!

Thank you Hun, she's only got 4 spots on her face an nowhere else so not 100% that it's chicken pox but it's a possibility as she does go to nursery and the spot weren't there when I put her to bed last night.

I thought my dd had chicken pox while I was pregnant with my ds and my dr told me baby was safe if I'd had them. Turns out she had really strange spots of eczema that had come out of nowhere and went away just as quickly. Sorry to hear about your little girl, hope she's not too uncomfortable. :flower:

I think as long as you have had it then you aren't in danger, I had a friend whose little one came down with a nasty bout of chicken pox and she was quite pregnant and she was told not to worry at all, I think you need to be concerned if it's shingles but chicken pox is fine if you have had it.

Speak to your midwife if you are atall concerned though for reassurance xx

Fairly certain its only dangerous if you've not had it before. Check with your gp or midwife x

Thank you ladies, not booked in with the midwife yet, I think it may actually be a dribble rash:dohh: as the days gone on they don't look as angry and bright red as they did first thing. Really appreciate your responses!

If you've had it then you should be fine. If you've never had chicken pox then it would leave a possibility of danger for the baby. If you want to set your mind more at ease check with your dr :)

Congrats - if she just has chicken pox style spots around her mouth. Check her hands and feet too, as it might not be hand, foot and mouth. But I think like chicken LO do feel very I'll with it and have high temps. Has she got a temp? Fingers crossed everything is ok x x

I hope it's not. I think you are supposed to be immune if you've had it. But when they did my bloodwork with DS's pregnancy, I didn't come up as immune to varicella (but I did to rubella?) and I thought I had the chicken pox when I was 9. I'm non-vaxx'd so my immunities would come from illness. I guess we'll see when they do the bloodwork for this pregnancy.

Hopefully it's just the dribble rash or something else. When we got the chicken pox (or what I thought was!) it started with spots on my sister's chest/stomach.

Thank you ladies, it's not hand foot and mouth we all had that last year including me! It was horrific so know all the signs for that one, luckily I do think it's just a dribble rash, her skin is so sensitive, she also has flare ups of eczema, she's only got 4 spots and nothing else and they're mostly on her chin apart from one on her cheek so think I panicked and immediately thought oh no..chicken pox!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->