BG flips

Kirstin

Reaction score
Why am I having such a terrible time with these? I have used them about 6 times at different times of the day and on 4 of those times within an hour they have leaked at the back, why? The insert isn't really that wet either :wacko:

Sounds a silly question but are you sure you're doing them tight enough? Maybe if you tell us the weight (or waist size) of your LO, others with similar sized babies can tell you how tight they have their Flips. Also, what kind of insert are you using? If it's the organic one, they take a while to reach full absorbancy.

Hmh, that's weird as I find them verrrry good at containing poop explosions and I don't even have them as tight as some ladies on here! Molly has 2 poppers between the tabs when it's on, sometimes 3.

Ive never had a leak, they look done up pretty tight, 4th popper in either side for us and they are great containers

Yeah, I was gonna suggest fit _ Imi has hers on with only the 2 middle poppers showing :)

Hmm could it be that the insert was poking out at the back - if that was touching clothing even only a little that would cause wicking even with the nappy quite dry. When you put it on make sure it hasnt come out at the back - that sometimes happens with us if shes being wriggly.

Leyla's about 19 or 20lbs and we have four sets of poppers showing in the middle when it's fastened. She has chunky legs so that is fairly loose around her waist but it does contain everything.

sometimes you can get leaks if the rise is too low.
what rise setting do you have the wrap on?
does the insert bunch up at all?

Leyla's about 19 or 20lbs and we have four sets of poppers showing in the middle when it's fastened. She has chunky legs so that is fairly loose around her waist but it does contain everything.

Wow, really? Imi has HUGE thighs and weighs 20lbs and we only have 1 popper showing :rofl:

also how are you folding the insert?, could it be you are doing it a little too short?

Wow, really? Imi has HUGE thighs and weighs 20lbs and we only have 1 popper showing :rofl:

Are you calling my daughter fat?! :haha: Guess she takes after me - my parents called me Thunderthighs when I was a baby :cry:

They are quite loose round her waist - I'm a bit paranoid about making them too tight, but we don't have leaks often so it works for us. Maybe she has a fat tummy too. :shrug:

Aisling is just about 20lbs and we have 3-4 poppers showing depending on how big her tummy is after dinner! :haha: No leaks yet and I'm paranoid about them being too tight on her.

Perhaps Imi just has MONSTER thighs and a corset waist :rofl:

I have tried them middle one or two poppers are showing and its on the medium rise but it goes pretty far up his back. Both times they leaked.

I have tried both inserts, the microfibre one which didnt bunch up, was in perfectly straight etc. and the organic ones which I have tried folding length and width ways and the insert is always nice and flat and under the edges at the back and front.

I'm baffled, everyone says how great they are but they really do not work for us :wacko:

He's just over 13lbs. 4 months old next week. Do I need to measure his waist?

Oh, I have Theo on smallest rise with one popper in the middle, fit him perfectly and NEVER leak...how odd. Theo is around 14lb.
You do have the flap bit at the back over the top of the insert and the elastic right against his back, it doesnt flip over does it?

No, its never flipped over, they look like they are on perfectly which is why I cant understand whats wrong.

I'll try the smallest rise and make them and see if I can make them a bit tighter when he wakes up.

How strange! I know some people don't like Flips but even if they're not quite right for your LO, they still shouldn't leak that badly! Maybe try with them on the smallest rise and if that doesn't make it any better, you could post some photos and we can see if there's anything obviously wrong. Hope you get it sorted!

My flips sometimes leak a bit of poo not as bad as other nappies and sposies I've tried.It's not all the time either :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->