BHCG level 116 at 6wks 2days. im bleeding too. Give up hope??

jessica88

Reaction score
I got a BHCG blood test yesterday and the result was at 116. I should be 6wks 2days going by my last "natural" period (30th Sept)... But I bled for 4-5 days on 28th Oct which confuses things. I'm now bleeding since yesterday which started light with light cramps and has got heavier with slightly stronger dull ache today. Its not as heavy as a normal period though. I'm going in for a 2nd blood test tomorrow but ill be worrying about this until I find out. Nurse said 116 is quite low and I'm probably miscarrying now. Anyone have any opinion or reassurance? Its all I can think about.

It's really hard to tell based on just one number. The time it takes to double (should be every 48 hours) is more important than the number.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

I'm afraid that in my opinion it doesn't sound very encouraging, but only your second blood test will be able to tell you that. But if you have bleeding there is often a 50/50 chance and there are other reasons for it apart from miscarriage.

I think given what the nurse has told you, it would be best to be prepared to get bad news but it isn't certain yet though.

I'm sorry you are having to go through this. Can't they scan you yet since you are past 6 weeks? That would tell you with more certainty what is happening.

I agree with one blood test it is hard to tell but 116 is very low for being over 6 weeks. My numbers were 7535 at 5 weeks and 5 days. Although I know there is a wide range, I'd say that is still very low.

Now if you had a period the end of October than your numbers might not be so bad. However, that in conjunction with your bleeding really isn't a very positive sign. I'm very sorry. I hope that things turn out better than they seem.

:hugs: hopefully your numbers have gone up xxxx I'm in a similar situation at the moment.

Thanks for your replies and support ladies.

Kat2504 - I haven't even been offered a scan. I think its pretty daft they could have had this resolved for me by now. A scan has never been mentioned though.

Maybe I have my dates wrong. This has all been a really confusing process as I had an ectopic on 13th sept and this is the 4th time I have bled since then. I know its a new pregnancy that I have as hcg116 is too high for it to be from ectopic. I'm in considerable pain on the right side (again) but lower down than when I had my right tubal ec.

Just going to have to wait and see. Pretty sure I'm miscarrying though. Ill update when I get my result.
X

Could you be earlier than 6 weeks since you had a bleed in october? I would get another blood test done to make sure you levels are doubling ever 48 hours.
I think the reason why no ultrasound was talked about, because your levels are so low, it wouldnt show anything on the ultrasound just yet.

https://www.baby2see.com/preconception/hcg.html for "normal" ranges of HCG

Good luck :hugs:

Been up at the hospital this morning, had blood taken. Nurse said its not necessarily miscarriage and I'm expecting a call later today or tomorrow with my 2nd results. The long wait begins... My instinct is that I've lost it but I still hold some faith!

hi can i just say i went through the same thing as you (exactley the same)and i think you are wise to have prepared yourself for the worst, sorry my darling is does seem that given what you have said that, may not meant to be this time, i hope im wrong , really do, but if it does turn out not be , it doesnt mean it will happen again, i had mc and am now 30 weeks its natures way and you will come to terms with it, have fingers x for you.:hugs:

Just wanted to update as I'm feeling terrible. Got an angry cold which isn't helping things! I'm so down, angry, moody, snappy, teary, everything negative. I can't perk up and I just wanted to vent as I feel trapped and stupid as if I should be ok! This pregnancy wasn't planned (neither was my previous one which was ectopic), and neither me or my partner were optimistic when I got my BFP. Naturally I was a little excited as I'm quite a mothering person anyway, but why do I feel at such a huge loss with my ectopic and now if I am having a m/c just now (find out tomorrow), then why am I so depressed about it!? I just want the wait to be over. My boyfriend isn't supportive and he's out at the pub tonight, which I feel is really unsympathetic and unthoughtful. I'm angry with him for going out. Is that ok or just me being selfish?

Also I haven't stopped googling and reading up on possible other causes for my low/slow hcg and bleeding and pain. The bleeding had stopped just now (day 3), but I have constant pain in my lower abdomen at the right that varies in intensity. My ectopic was 2 months ago in my right tube which was removed, so I suspect the pain is just a niggling operation wound. Just so much going on in my head and some reassurance/support would be great xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->