bi racial babies?

What beautiful babies!!

I have a question for caucasian moms with husbands of another race. I find that 90% of the time, if not more, caucasians tend to be the recessive gene. Is it at all weird (or I dont know the word, but there has got to be a better one) to have your children not really look like you? I read an article once about a lady whose husband was Chinese, and she was shocked at how people assumed she had adopted her daughter when they saw her with the baby. I have found it so interesting ever since reading that because I had never thought of what that would be like!!

What beautiful babies!!

I have a question for caucasian moms with husbands of another race. I find that 90% of the time, if not more, caucasians tend to be the recessive gene. Is it at all weird (or I dont know the word, but there has got to be a better one) to have your children not really look like you? I read an article once about a lady whose husband was Chinese, and she was shocked at how people assumed she had adopted her daughter when they saw her with the baby. I have found it so interesting ever since reading that because I had never thought of what that would be like!!

My 2 from a previous marriage do resemble me and they are part Vietnamese. But I was thinking the other day if this one looks very Asian will ppl think I adopted her? & if so thats fine....I will just giggle at it.

Hi Ladies I havent been around the boards much but wanted to share my mixed bambino. I introduced myself many weeks ago, I am white and OH is Jamaican.

Here is my lil bundle born Nov 26th.

Awe! Saw you in another post earlier. baby is precious and a great mix! Congrats!

Hi Ladies I havent been around the boards much but wanted to share my mixed bambino. I introduced myself many weeks ago, I am white and OH is Jamaican.

Here is my lil bundle born Nov 26th.

So adorable...

Jeez, march can't come any close, can it? Then again, by the time it's time, I'd probably wanna take it back.

What beautiful babies!!

My daughter definitely looks more Japanese than she does Australian. When she was first born she looked 100% Japanese and at the time I was a little disappointed (it sounds horrible I know...). I kind of expected her to look at least a little like me. I have been asked a few times when I'm back in Australia where I got her from. I think it's terribly rude and get quite upset about it....

im white babys dad is pakistani, interesting to see what kinda colour he is when hes born xx

my friend has too girls she is white and his is indian and they look like Pocahontas xx

What beautiful babies!!

My daughter definitely looks more Japanese than she does Australian. When she was first born she looked 100% Japanese and at the time I was a little disappointed (it sounds horrible I know...). I kind of expected her to look at least a little like me. I have been asked a few times when I'm back in Australia where I got her from. I think it's terribly rude and get quite upset about it....

Yeah, thats the thing....I would be so upset if someone asked me that about my daughter (she is a spitting image of me, so unlikely...). So I always wondered if women get that when their children look like a different race. And also, if they shrug it off or get upset!

My husband and I are planning on adopting from China in about 5 years. My SIL in Thai, and we are pretty close. I think most Americans (including myself sometimes) find it hard to differentiate what region from Asia people are from. I am very interested to see what will happen when we go out with her and her husband. I will be so upset if people think they are her children!!!

What beautiful babies!!

Yeah, thats the thing....I would be so upset if someone asked me that about my daughter (she is a spitting image of me, so unlikely...). So I always wondered if women get that when their children look like a different race. And also, if they shrug it off or get upset!

My husband and I are planning on adopting from China in about 5 years. My SIL in Thai, and we are pretty close. I think most Americans (including myself sometimes) find it hard to differentiate what region from Asia people are from. I am very interested to see what will happen when we go out with her and her husband. I will be so upset if people think they are her children!!!

I've been around Asians so much that I can usually tell what part of Asia they are from. But I dont think the general population can tell. I'm sure there are times when ppl will ask if you adopted, etc. Just brush it off, its not worth getting upset over it. People are ignorant and dont think before they speak. Just be thankful you are more educated and dont lack manners like they do.

@ creatingpeace ~ What an adorable little munchkin you have! Soooo cute!

You know, I hadn't really ever thought about people not thinking our baby is mine. I think in my case (black/white mix), it won't be much of an issue as you Moms with more exotic (? can't think of the word I'm looking for...) husbands/OHs. Seeing Caucasian moms with dark babies seems kinda common around here, I don't really think twice when I see them in the grocery store or whatever. But seeing like an Asian-looking baby is more unique, stands out more. I sure hope you all don't have to deal with stupid people and their comments too much!

What beautiful babies!!

im white and my husbands arab, when my son was 1st born he was realy tan, but looked the image of me, but after a while he turned white (he was jaundiced and it wasnt picked up cuz his dad) and the image of his dad, so me and my husband both get it, sometimes ppl say to me omg hes 100% irish hes not arab at all, and i get quite angry because yes he is arab!! and yes my husband is his dad....hes the image of him other than colour grrr!! heres some pics, u can decide xxx

ps hoping this one turns out the same as my son so theres no other comments lol xx

Attachments

• SAM_3277.jpg
    SAM_3277.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 21
  • SAM_0154.jpg
    SAM_0154.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 16
  • SAM_0186.jpg
    SAM_0186.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCN0039.jpg
    DSCN0039.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 20
What beautiful babies!!

I often think this when I'm out with my Mum. I'm half Chinese, and I look nothing like my Mum, although I don't look 100% Chinese either (at least I don't think so.) And every now and again we will get people look at us a little strangely. And one day it occurred to me that people might think I was adopted.

But then I have cousins who are half Chinese and they definitely have more of the Caucasian gene, because although you can kind of tell they have Asian in them, they definitely look more Caucasian.

Can't wait to see what my baby looks like though, as she will be quarter Chinese. I have a nephew who is quarter Chinese, and he looks more Chinese than I do lol.

What beautiful babies!!

I often think this when I'm out with my Mum. I'm half Chinese, and I look nothing like my Mum, although I don't look 100% Chinese either (at least I don't think so.) And every now and again we will get people look at us a little strangely. And one day it occurred to me that people might think I was adopted.

But then I have cousins who are half Chinese and they definitely have more of the Caucasian gene, because although you can kind of tell they have Asian in them, they definitely look more Caucasian.

Can't wait to see what my baby looks like though, as she will be quarter Chinese. I have a nephew who is quarter Chinese, and he looks more Chinese than I do lol.

That's too funny. Things are weird like that.

anyone have a baby yet? Im so ready! 7 more wks!

Getting closer, just over 4 weeks for me! Now that I'm pretty much ready for her to be here, time has slowed waaaaay down. This is going to be the longest month of my life!

crap! I'm feeling the same way! I feel like this pregnancy has flown by but all of a sudden I feel it slowing down. I have an appt on Monday and my Dr. is doing blood work to ck my bile levels. I've been itchy and have also had a weird rash that appears randomly on my face and will last a few hours. Hoping its not anything bad. I know the whole bile/liver thing usually requires induction at 37 wks so we shall see:/

Oh my, hope everything is okay, Autumn! Don't know much about that kind of situation, sounds kinda scary... Is the rash that 'mask of pregnancy' that all the books talk about? Sounds like you're sure having a time of it!

I have an appointment next Friday, and my doctor is going to start doing the weekly pelvic exams... I've never been so excited to have an internal check before, LOL! I'll be a couple days shy of 37 weeks then, so I'm hoping to hear I'm at least a little bit dilated or something. (I know you can go weeks being even a few centimeters dilated, but I just want some NEW information, no matter what it is :haha:)

I think you ladies are so lucky, I have always wanted a biracial baby, they are absolutely gorgeous :cloud9: DH and I would love to adopt a little African baby boy, we have seen families here adopt and its nice to give a child a better life in new zealand and I personally think bi racial babies are adorable, I don't know why but whenever I see a multiracial little baby boy I just melt :cloud9:
Hope that does not sound shallow I just love them xoxoxo

Aw thanks, Arisa! That's not shallow at all :) Of course, I'm biased :haha:

Aww I am glad :) your LO is going to be super cute xoxoxo I love big almond eyes on babies too So cute!!!
I look at the little boy Sandra bullock as adopted OMG it makes me want to adopt xoxo

I'm sure your baby will be absolutely adorable too, Arisa :) There really are no 'ugly' ones, each one is special!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->