Bio Oil - Is it best

amzybabzy

1 DD, #2 = team pink
Reaction score
Hi girls

Wanted your opinion on moisturisers/oils.

I am only 6 weeks and already my @@s are more than a cup size bigger, so I'm wanting to do all I can to combat the dreaded stretch marks.

Do any of you have any advice? I know "Bio-oil" is meant to be good, but as it's super expensive I wanted to see if there were any alternatives out there.

Also Boots have 3 for 2 on all skinare at the mo, but would I really need 3bottles of the stuff?

Like saying goes, if your going to get stretch marks your going to get them.
No cream will help. Its all down to your skin, drinking plenty of water a day is meant to be the best thing.

Well I drink 3 pints of weak squash every day, and loads of decaf tea, so hopefully that'll help.

So is bio oil just a big con. Doesn't it help at all?

Helps on certain skin types, but ive never heard anyone to say it completely gets rid of the marks.

I cant comment on Bio Oil as I've never used it, but I used Cocoa butter during my first pregnancy and I still got stretchmarks... loads ... and loads :cry:
It all depends on how quickly you put weight on and as MummytoAmber says, if you're gonna get them, you'll get them.. it's all down to genetics unfortunately. Some women are lucky and dont get them but as most of us know, we aint that lucky :rofl:
I'm still using cocoa butter on my belly, boobs, bum and thighs just cos it feels nice :blush:

I cant comment on Bio Oil as I've never used it, but I used Cocoa butter during my first pregnancy and I still got stretchmarks... loads ... and loads :cry:
It all depends on how quickly you put weight on and as MummytoAmber says, if you're gonna get them, you'll get them.. it's all down to genetics unfortunately. Some women are lucky and dont get them but as most of us know, we aint that lucky :rofl:
I'm still using cocoa butter on my belly, boobs, bum and thighs just cos it feels nice :blush:

Smells lush to :)

Well I know that if you are going to get stretch marks you will get them, but I am still using Bio oil and Palmers and drinking loads of water, in the hope that using them may keep my skin more hydrated and stop them from being as bad as they could be.

Although Bio oil is expensive compared to Palmers - it actually goes way further as an oil than a cream so I would say over all there is not much difference in the price as the oil lasts longer.

However I seem to be sticking to the cream more as I just don't like the oily feeling of the Bio -oil. x

I've been using Palmers cocoa butter since I found out I was pregnant and I haven't got any stretch marks - I swear by it!!!! xx

Hey hun i am using bio oil, a friend of mine who has just had her baby used it and swore by it! the only bit she didn't use it on was on her sides and that was the only place she got marks!

Although it is quite expensive i have been using it all over for over 6 weeks now and only used a tiny bit!

xxxxx

Like saying goes, if your going to get stretch marks your going to get them.
No cream will help. Its all down to your skin, drinking plenty of water a day is meant to be the best thing.

Ditto!

During my last pregnancy I spent collosal amount of money on all the stuff possible (bio oil included) and I still got strechmarks. If you gonna get them-you gonna get them. No matter what you use.

(This time around I still use some stuff but more for my pleasure then anything else. And at least I will be able to say that I used everything possible) :hug:

Hi,

I had some faded stretch marks from losing weight years ago, and thought when i got pregnant with my little girl, that i'd get tons more. I used Bio Oil throughout my pregnancy, combined with cocoa butter cream (would use one in the morning and the other in the evening), and i hardly got any new stretch marks at all (a few round my belly but they are hardly noticable), despite putting on over 3 stone! So, although some folks don't think it works, i do! My skin is definately prone to stretch marks, and so i will be using it again this time, although i haven't started yet. By the way, if you do decide to buy some, i'd recommend ebay, as you can buy the big bottles alot cheaper than you can in the chemists.

I've never had a pregnancy go full-term, but have had lots and lots of weight gains and losses... If you're going to get them, you'll get them!

I have quite a lot, but as someone else said, water does help. I've found that regular exposure to the sun helps too. (Not sun-bathing, but just being out in it with block on and feeling the sun.)

Don't think there's anything wrong with pampering yourself, though. It's going to be a long time until we all get the chance to properly pamper ourselves again!!

I am a huge fan of Bio-oil!! I used it from when i was 7 weeks pregnant, i got to 32 weeks with no stretch marks then i swapped to palmers cocoa butter, 1 week later i had about 5!!! Not sure if it was just a coincidence but really wished i hadn't changed, went straight back to the bio-oil and am still using it 16 weeks later. I am really proud that i have 5 very light marks that are quite far down, concidering the size of my bump i think i did really well!! Good luck xx

hi hun,
I can say from my own experience bio oil rocks!! not from being pregnant but just being too fond of cake I put on loads of weight then lost is quickly after realising I was a tank...was covered in strech marks all over everywhere and was so gutted!! hubby is really supportive so he got me some bio oil and told me to try it, within a week I could see a difference and they were gone in no time. Still have the white lines that you get after they faded but you really have to look to see them.

I've been using it since I found out I was expecting at 2 weeks and am sure I won't have any to worry about so although it's not cheap its sooooo worth it. I just bought 6 bottles from boots while the offer was on (we also have a TJ Hughes in mcr which always has it on offer).

Defo recommend it! Good luck to you & your bean
xxx

All i can say is this;
my mum has no stretchmarks..
I used bio oil religiously, spent alot of money on it...
also used coco butter in between and was always oiled up like a pole dancer lol....
drank sooo much water i mean LITRES... exercised, minimised weight gain...

and im COVERED in marks.... COVERED....sooo didnt work for me..

if ur gonna get them ur gonna get them... i remember someone saying this to me and thinking bet they didnt use bio oil:rofl:

I have nothing against it though, my marks are light maybe this is why? and my skin doesnt itch much either!

Hi, I went into holland and barrett to get some Bio oil and the lady told me all it is, is vitamin E oil with a brand name and 2x more expensive! So I just got the vitamin E oil, it will make oiling myself up alot more cost effective through the next 7 1/2 months compared to Bio oil. xxx

Im only 7 weeks today so not much difference in shape yet apart from bigger boobs. Im using Bio Oil and Palmers Cocoa butter (which I love!). Can't give verdict yet but I ahve heard good things on both! Suppose its better to give it a go then to not - cant do any harm! Bonus is they both smell GORGOUS!!! XX

I use parmers cocoa butter and use a cheap alternative to bio oil you can buy from body care its got the same stuff in it as bio-oil and only costs £1.99!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->