Birth control question...

kimberleyrobx

Reaction score
After having emily i had nexplanon inserted into my arm and i had it in for 9 months. I was oblivious at the time but when i had it taken out i felt like i was on cloud 9. It then took me a while to realise that the whole time i used nexplanon, my hormes were raging and it wasnt until a good few months after having it out i realised all the side effects i'd had. Moodiness, mood swings, acne, depression, loss of sex drive etc... So after having nathan i told OH that i didnt want to use birth control and i wanted to get to know the real 'me' when i wasnt pregnant or on the stuff. And i love her! Although now i think the time has come where i'd like to get back on birth control to obviously prevent any more children :haha: So OH and i sat down last night and looked through all the contraceptives. I honestly feel like the nexplanon is best for me. Maybe the side effects will change this time round? IDK... So i am going to try the progestogen only pill for a couple of months and see how i go. Nexplanon is also progestogen only so if i like the pill, i'll then go on to Nexplanon and see how that goes. Why make a hole in your body just to have it taken out right? :rofl: Is anyone else using either of these? Experiences? :flower:

I recently got the implant in my arm too. I'm desperate for it out. Iv bled a lot vas when I bleed it seems to have a big affect on my milk supply. I have suddenly become a really moody and grumpy cow, constantly snapping at my OH and feeling the rage a lot! Lol but I'm not sure if that's just because I have a four month LO who is up constantly at night and making me irritable the next day! I have also recently found that my sex drive is very low but I'm not sure if that is also due to fatigue. I'm going to give it another month and see if things improve. The bleeding and low milk supply seems to have gone so hopefully the moods and sex drive will improve too! The problem is, other than the inplant I think we are looking at condoms as the only other option and I really hate those things! Lol x

I recently got the implant in my arm too. I'm desperate for it out. Iv bled a lot vas when I bleed it seems to have a big affect on my milk supply. I have suddenly become a really moody and grumpy cow, constantly snapping at my OH and feeling the rage a lot! Lol but I'm not sure if that's just because I have a four month LO who is up constantly at night and making me irritable the next day! I have also recently found that my sex drive is very low but I'm not sure if that is also due to fatigue. I'm going to give it another month and see if things improve. The bleeding and low milk supply seems to have gone so hopefully the moods and sex drive will improve too! The problem is, other than the inplant I think we are looking at condoms as the only other option and I really hate those things! Lol x

See i got nexplanon in my arm two days after giving birth to emily so i had no idea i was having all the side effects, i thought it was just me! But after having nathan i can definitely tell that wasnt the 'real' me when i had it in. So we started using condoms (much to our dismay) because i point blank refused to go on anything, but now it doesnt seem like such a bad idea to get back on a pill or something, so i will see how it goes xx

I'm not good with hormones so have discussed my options with the MW and am looking at possibly trying the coil. It's either that or trial the mini-pill again, although last time I had it I didn't do so well on it.

See i got nexplanon in my arm two days after giving birth to emily so i had no idea i was having all the side effects, i thought it was just me! But after having nathan i can definitely tell that wasnt the 'real' me when i had it in. So we started using condoms (much to our dismay) because i point blank refused to go on anything, but now it doesnt seem like such a bad idea to get back on a pill or something, so i will see how it goes xx

Yes, that's exactly how I feel, like I'm not the real me sometimes but an old dragon! Iv booked in to get it out in two weeks time as that's the soonest appointment. When I told my hv and doctor my concerns and of wanting it out both talked me out of it and told me to let it settle. Well it's been settling for three months now and I really don't like the side effects iv had on it so will need to put my foot down and demand it out!

I had the Implanon implant in and it was horrific! Never again. Weight gain, acne, greasy hair, mood swings....the lot! Iwas the same as you in that I never even realised what it was doing to me until I had it out!

We're currently using the 'pull out method' :haha: on the basis that we know we want another baby, we just don't know when....if it happens, it happens! I absolutely do not want any more hormones pumped into my body!

I am another lady who doesn't do well on progesterone only contraception, I tried the mini pill and was awful! Moody, snappy, bad skin, bad temper. I've stopped taking it now and am undecided what to do, I am breast feeding so need something which won't effect my supply

Lat night OH and i were talking about contraceptives and he said if there was one for males, he'd take it no matter what! Haha, id love to see him on one of ours! He'd be crying like a little baby in no time! He says he wouldnt take anything that could affect his fertility because even though he doesnt want any more right now, he says he likes having the choice :haha: I wish they would hurry up and come up with someone for men, this is just utter balls! I hate contraception, i think it doesnt matter which one you are using, there is always at least one side effect :growlmad: Going to book an appointment monday morning and try out the mini pill xx

What about the Paragard IUD? It's completely hormone-free. Of course, it's still got side effects but that's unavoidable. I think I'm going to try this one after I have this baby because I can't use hormonal bc at all.

I hate hormones! So after having tried every pill on the market I went with the copper iud. Omg. Best thing I ever did, ever!!! Sex life is amazing and not a worry in the world. Zero side effects and I don't even know its there. Only regret is that I never tried it sooner. It's called nova T.

What about the Paragard IUD? It's completely hormone-free. Of course, it's still got side effects but that's unavoidable. I think I'm going to try this one after I have this baby because I can't use hormonal bc at all.

What is this? Never heard of it i dont think xx

What is this? Never heard of it i dont think xx

It's a copper IUD. It's inserted in your uterus and lasts up to 10 years. No hormones, but the possible side effect is heavier periods. Personally id rather deal with that then the hormonal craziness the other options cause for me.

I've been on the pill for ivf treatments and it's terrible, I get lethargic, depressed, hungry all the time, and emotional. I had a hormone free iud before we were ttc and I thought that was the best option for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->