Birth Plan, cord cutting...

J

Jadeyydoe

Since I finished most of my baby buying I need something else to do so I'm doing my birth plan :D

now it says delayed or immediate cord cutting.
At the moment I've gone for delayed and with partner cutting the cord.
I'm just wondering is what you would pick?
I've only really picked delayed because it says this "Delayed (Some parents prefer that the cord not be cut until after it has stopped pulsating so that the baby receive all of the blood from the placenta.)"
Also do you know how long its delayed for I'm guessing it won't be long but I'm not sure :s
Its also given me a choice of separation?
why on earth would I want separation!?
This baby will stay in my sights at ALL times in the hospital!

https://www.childbirth.org/interactive/ibirthplan.html
for anyone else :)

No idea !!! sorry, havent got that far yet. Think i am behind ;-)

I haven't started this yet and I really should. I don't get that many options though as I am high risk so I really need to find out what is going to happen with me first.

omg I have not thought about this at all I thought the babay came out and my OH would cut the cord

I haven't thought about it yet but omg what are you going to do in third trimester? :):):)

I haven't thought about it yet but omg what are you going to do in third trimester? :):):)

Laze about and congratulate myself about not having to worry about anything last minute lol xD
I'm trying to do everything asap so I don't have to rush about and worry in 3rd tri :D

Blimey aren't you organised already???!!!:haha:

I haven't really thought about it really....just go with the flow I expect.
This is my second although it was over 12 years ago.....my OH was up in the air at the time,literally.....having a flying lesson!!!:wacko:

The midwife took over really as it was all so quick....only 2 and a half hours start to finish. I had an epidural as my blood pressure was high and my daughter was a little distressed.
I only started on gas and air for the first bit until the blood pressure shot up! Don't really see the point in making a firm plan as you never know what will happen at the end of the day. You just have to go with it.

DONE :D
Jades Birth Plan
Mother-to-be: Jade Partner: David
Due Date: 05/11/10
Place of Birth: Lymington Birth Hospital

This birth plan is intended to express the preference and desires we have for the birth of our baby. It is not intended to be a script. We fully realize that situations may arise such that our plan cannot and should not be followed. However, we hope that barring any extenuating circumstances, you will be able to keep us informed and aware of our options. Thank you.

First Stage (Labor):
* Dim Lights.
* Music of our choice.
* Would prefer my own clothes to gown.
* Would prefer to keep vaginal exams to a minimum.
* Maintain mobility (Walking, rocking, up to bathroom, etc.)
* Eat and drink to comfort.
* Intermittent Monitoring (ACOG Standards) with a Doppler.
* Only offer me pain medications if I appear to not be coping with other measures.
* Relaxation techniques (breathing, focusing, etc.).
* Positioning as desired.
* Water (Shower or Tub).
* Heat or Cold packs.
* Massage (back, foot, counter pressure, etc.).
* Acupressure

Induction:
* I would prefer to use natural methods to start labor.

Second Stage (Birth):
* Choice of position
* Directed Bearing Down
* Foot pedals
* I would prefer no episiotomy, but please use compresses, massage and positioning.

Baby Care:
* Delay the cord cutting
* Prefer partner to cut the cord.
* Delay the eye medication
* Breast feeding only
* No separation of Mother & Baby Cesarean Birth:
* General anesthesia
* Partner present
* Video/Pictures taken
* Free one hand to touch the baby
* Partner to cut the cord
* Breast feeding in recovery room

Sick Baby:
* Breast feeding as soon as possible
* Unlimited visitation for parents
* Handling the baby (Kangaroo care, holding, care of, etc.)
* If the baby is transported to another facility, move us as soon as possible

Now all I have to do is the hospital bags, I think :D

We do delayed cord cutting. Your provider should ask you how long you want it delayed. Some women delay it until the cord stops pulsating, and some women delay it until the placenta comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->