birthday party help plz.

DCS

Reaction score
I'm a bit stuck. I keep going back and forth between two ideas we have for ds birthday. He will be 5. It will be his first birthday where he can invite friends.

1. At a leisure centre, bouncy castle, music, party games, food etc. A visit from spiderman. I can invite upto 20 kids plus as many adults as I wasn't so could invite all the family and get it all done with in 1 day instead of having to deal with the chaos over 2 days like we usualy do, with inviting both sides of the family on separate days. Oh works at the centre so ds knows all the staff, he loves them all, so they would be able to pop in to say hi. There is a bar for the adults. Downside is that it is about 4 miles away from where we live. And even if I invite 20 kids I'm sure they wouldn't all turn up. But then he will have his family and OHS work friends to distract him from that.

2. A pizza Hut " party". Kids get to make their own pizza. We would only invite about 8 kids. Downside is that it doesn't realy seem fun. Like no games etc. Again spiderman would visit. Then he would have his 2 family " parties at home over a couple days.

At home party is not an option. We don't have enough space. Even for an extra 2 kids with parents it's just not going to be big enough. Plus we have a dog. People freak out when they see her. It wouldn't be fair on her to be kept upstairs.

So what would you do. Alternatively I'm open to other ideas. It's a March birthday. So can't rely on the weather. If I could be 100% sure I would have the part in the garden but obviously don't know how it will go.

I'd go for the first personally. Is it easy for people to get to, transport wise?

Pizza Hut party will either be hit or miss. Knowing my luck they'd all want plain cheese and tom pizzas which could have been done at home more enjoyably!

I'd go with the 1st option. Pizza hut party just probably isn't going to be nearly as fun at his age, especially for his 1st real party with friends invited. Even if only half the kids you invite out of 20 kids show up, it'll still be a blast for him with the bouncy house, etc for them all to play with. We've gone to parties at centers like that before, and I honestly prefer it much more when its closer to 10-12 kids that show up, rather than more, lol. The more kids that show up, the more chaotic it gets.

Definitely go with first option because at this age not all kids/parents turn up so family are more likely to be there and you get to do it all in one day rather than separate. 4 miles is ok when everyone has cars- which most people do and for those without then may be you could suggest car share or something?

Thanks all. I think that's our fave option. DS would also get to see his adult friends from ohs work which he doesn't get to see very often now he is at school.
Only thing I'm worried about is people not turning up. We went to a party a fee weeks ago where the mum had invited lots of school kids and quite a few had said they were going, but in the end we were the only people from school to turn up. I felt so sad for the boy and the mum. The boy didn't seem to bothered, he looked like he was having a blast with his cousins (I think) and my DS . But the mum had obviously paid out quite a bit.
Think with all the family there and maybe one out of school friend, it wouldn't be too bad, as he would be distracted.

Eta. The leisure centre is quite easy to get to by car, about 15 minute drive. It's 2 buses, Maybe about an hour by bus, that's including walking from my house to the bus stop and walking through the town etc.

Option 1, keep pizza hut until he's 10 or 12.

Enjoy.

I'd go for option 1. I don't drive so would find it a bit of a mission personally, but I always ask on the class FB page if anyone can drive me, now a handful of mums always ask if I want a lift if it's obviously out of the way. So I wouldn't worry about that.

I'd invite the whole class of you can have 20 kids. I did a soft play one for 15, I invited 20 and 10 said no, then I had to last minute invite a load more, it was a bit embarrasing!!

I'd say option 1. You could aways do a pizza making activity half hr before food..... If you have access to an oven.

I'd go for option 1 too, most people have cars nowadays so I can't see it being to much of a problem. DD3 is invited to a party next week at soft play, it is 15 miles away and has been to a few others at the same place before, they never seem to have a problem with people turning up. :)

Option 1.

We had a party at Wacky Warehouse for Joshua in December. It's a 7 mile drive and everyone turned up.

I have been to parties that were 15+ miles away and never battered an eyelid about the distance.

There isn't a great deal in terms of party venues in my town so going further a field is usually expected here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->