birthing ball and raspberry leaf tea

lottie_2007

Mummy of 3!!
Reaction score
Hi Ladies! This is baby number 4 but I have such baby brain I can't remember anything. When should you start using a birthing ball from and when is it advised to drink rlt? i'm currently 30+3 x

I'm not sure about tea but you can use your ball all the way through to help baby get into position x

A birth ball is good to use through your whole pregnancy.
I'd ask your midwife/OB about the read raspberry leaf tea though. My midwife told me to not start drinking it until 35 weeks. But some will say that it's fine to start sooner.

Ive never used one lol but the rlt i took from around 32-35 weeks with my 2nd and 3rd. I went 5 and 8 days over with them. I won't be taking it this time.

What does the tea do?

It raises your body's natural levels of oxytocin (the hormone that stimulates uterine contractions) so that when you go into labor your contractions are supposed to be much stronger, resulting in a more efficient labor.

I have been drinking it since before third trimester, although am due to go get some more. The sooner to start on both at this point, the better

My fourth too:D I started using the ball at 30 if he weeks just to relieve pressure on my back and joints tbh. But used it a lot 38 weeks plus. My first was born sunny side up so I was quite keen to avoid that again. I was on it until 10 cm with my third. That and the tens was a dream.

Don't know about the tea. I'm still BF so I get more than enough uterine stimulation.

Thanks ladies. I will get a ball, although I think my boys will spend more time using it as a giant football!! I had a feeling the tea was around 35 weeks but i'll check it out x

I personally preferred the raspberry leaf capsules with my previous pregnancies :) Started 1 a day at 32 weeks, upped to 2 a day around 34 weeks, then 3 a day from 36 weeks.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->