Bit down today

StarAngel

Reaction score
I am 40 weeks this Friday, I am a ftm so have no clue of labour signs apart from regular contractions and show neither of which I have going on. I get BH and odd pain here or there. I am feel very down today. With everyday that comes and goes I get more anxious, irratable and hormonal. The anticipation of big change ahead is overwhelming and at this point I am sick of waiting for it to happen, I just want to get stuck in to doing it all. Then I am plagued with questions like, whats it like (labour and motherhood)? Am I able for it? What if I can't console my crying baby? I woke up today feeling this way. Tell me this is normal and I am not losing my mind? I am so fed up I could cry😢

I am 40 weeks this Friday, I am a ftm so have no clue of labour signs apart from regular contractions and show neither of which I have going on. I get BH and odd pain here or there. I am feel very down today. With everyday that comes and goes I get more anxious, irratable and hormonal. The anticipation of big change ahead is overwhelming and at this point I am sick of waiting for it to happen, I just want to get stuck in to doing it all. Then I am plagued with questions like, whats it like (labour and motherhood)? Am I able for it? What if I can't console my crying baby? I woke up today feeling this way. Tell me this is normal and I am not losing my mind? I am so fed up I could cry😢

I can totally relate to this! :hugs: I was due fri just gone and already feeling down about things not progressing. As for feelings, I had a day last week where I was just so so Angry, and at nothing, it's purely hormones so please don't worry.

When it comes to labour and motherhood doubts all I can say is labour is hard, I can't sugar coat it, it is however easier for some. You do just kind of get on with it though, its what we were designed to do, motherhood is totally natural and I bet once you see your bundle you will wonder why you even doubted yourself - You will be great!!!

Totally normal, I went over due by 13 days last time and cried everyday!
Becoming a mother is overwhelming, yes your life will totally change, at least the first few crazy months, yes it's tough and yes it's totally worth it!
No mummy is perfect, I'd never changed a nappy before my son, three years later I can change a nappy, wipe a bum, get his wiggly limbs dressed with my eyes closed. Even taught a human how to use cutlery, who knew I had that talent? ;-)

My absolute best advice would be, don't expect to be perfect, ask for help and always except help if it's offered. A friend wants to hold your baby while you shower, brilliant, a grandparent is willing to take the baby out for a walk, brilliant :) Baby gets love, you get time to be you and recharge.

Totally normal... I have been a mom for 16 years and I STILL feel that way (like am I even doing this right) hang in there!

Thank you ladies, it feels good that I'm not alone in feeling this way. I am so excited about it all but I get those days where the fear takes over! I know that will all change when she gets here☺ hope ye're pregnancies are progressing well xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->