bit of a long shot but...(re: self publishing)

alicecooper

1 girl, 3 boys
Reaction score
So my book is finished, all sitting nicely on my desktop waiting to be published. Edited to within an inch of its life, typesetting and layout all done, front cover sorted, copyright bumf all done, the only thing it's lacking is an ISBN number. Turns out you can only buy those in packs of 10 and it's over £121 so a lorra moolah that I just don't have at the moment.

Frustrating is not even the word!

So I figure I might as well try and spread the word about my book before I buy the ISBN so that, at least when it's published, there will be people lining up to buy it!

Trouble is I don't really know where to start. It's all very well and good reading advice from other authors saying "start a twitter account", or "make a facebook page for your book", but aside from people who already know me, how do I successfully get the word out to OTHER people who might be interested?

Just wondered if anybody who has ever self-published (if there is anybody on here) might have any advice?

:thumbup:

A lot of authors self publish their book on Amazon as kindle e book. Though if you're like me you're against e books lol. Congrats by the way.

I've self published.
If you use Createaspace then you get a free ISBN & they will put your book on the Amazon Kindle store as well as paperback.
Worth a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->