bit of a pick me up please??

AmyandBump91

Reaction score
as some of you may have seen in a recent post from me, me ad my OH are currently living apart. my mum and dad have said to us they will put a deposit down and pay our first months rent which is lovely :D but we have fallen in love with a house and we want to see it and told them there and then we wanted it!! the estate agent said it was fine he would phone the owners to let them know he had rented it out but now he has come back to me today and said they have a problem because im pregnant!! the owner says its going to be to small?? surely thats mine, my OH and my mums decision?? its prefect for us!! so he is phoning the owner back to tell them we really really want it and the space is plenty big enough for us. this is the 4th place we have looked at and then people have said no beacuse im pregnant. its really starting to get me down :(

Amy xxx

How in the world can people say that? Your a grown adult! God I hate it when people do that sort of thing. Im not suprised its getting you down! Tell them to mind their own and rent it to you!!!

Aaaww doll please don't let this get you so down, I'm sure once the estate agents speak to them & they're aware of the support you have behind you, they'll be fine about it. Just probably a bit wary that it'll be enough for you, but if you think it is then there shouldn't be a problem!

thanks hun!! thats exactly what i was thinking!! IT ISNT FAIR!!! my mum has just phoned the estate agent and said i suggest you phone them and tell them we want it and we are not going to take no for an answer!! (i love my mum haha!!) its just getting on my nerves!! i really dont need all the stress xxx

think theyre just scared of u moving in then relising u want something bigger and moving out then they have to go through the trouble of looking for some1 else to rent it, but i think they should leave the decision up 2 u like u obviously know if its gona be big enough for ur family or not xx

exactly, my mum has just spoken to the agent and he has said the owner is now coming round to the idea but has to speak to her son as he joint owns the property, i have told them we will be in there ateast 18 months the baby isnt due for 5 months yet but i want to be in somewhere and settled rather than living with my mum and dad, know what i mean? xxxx

That's awful! In the US, it is illegal to refuse to rent/sell to people because they have kids or are pregnant. I'm a surprised that's not the case in the UK as well.

I hope it all works out. :hugs:

thanks hun, it should be!! i feel like ive done something wrong, does that make sense?? i feel like i cant make a happy life for me my OH and our baby because nowhere wants us xxx

I'd say it must be illegal to refuse to rent you the property on the grounds that you are pregnant!! That is discrimination!! Yes I can see them saying no to a dog but they can't do say no to a baby, thats bonkers!!

Gah!! I would blow my top at this!!! It's none of their bloody business if you're pregnant! And if they wanted a "no children" policy they should have stated that to the estate agent BEFORE putting it out in the papers etc. As long as it's at least 2 bedrooms then there should be plenty of room for you, OH and your baby!

Tell them to not be such idiots! GAH!!! Hope you get it sorted hun :hugs:

XxX

Thanks girls. I've just had enough now. I've got a viewing again tomorrow and I have made sure they are fine with children!! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->