bit of blood...what do I do? more now :-(

MrsBroodyPant

Reaction score
Hi,

Im panicking right now. Im 7 weeks pregnant and when I have just been to the toilet now I have had a few spots of blood on the toilet paper! What should I do? I didn't bleed at all in my last pregnancy that sadly ended at 14 weeks. I cant lose this baby too. What should I do?

Xxx

What color was the blood i tiny bit can be totally normal try to relax a little and call your doc and see what they want to do gl im sure all is fine

I'm so sorry. How scary! Let me start with some questions so I can get a better idea, I'm not an expert by any stretch but there are times when a little bit of blood is nothing to fear. When you say a "bit" of blood, how much is that? What color is it? Is it red, brown, pink? Is it all liquid, or are there clots? Have you had intercourse recently? Are you crampy like you just started your period?

Sorry for the twenty questions but I want to help, but need more details. A few spots of blood are nothing to worry about, but as always talk to your midwife or doctor.

You're 7 weeks along, I'm sure everything is fine. I know having a tragedy happen can make us more aware and afraid of every anomaly we encounter. Seeing blood is certainly a cause for alarm, but the important thing to remember is to stay calm. Take deep, soothing breaths and send love and positive thoughts to your growing baby. Stress is the worst thing you can feed the little guy right now.

It is just two little bits on the toiket paper. Red blood. No clots and no cramps. I haven't had sex for a while x

Should I ring my husband? I don't want to worry him but im so upset here. Should I just wait to see if I get anymore blood? X

Well no clots or cramps is a great sign i had both with my loss i really hope all is fine def keep updated but i know my sister in law had a little spottig and she now has her baby boy so all can be normal wih spotting

Thank u.
Ive just been for a wee and there was no blood when I wiped but im so afraid.
I don't have a regular doctor and I haven't seen the midwife yet. I wouldn't know who to ring? X

I would try to relax and take it easy today and just see if you get anymore if you do maybe call him cause iknow if i was worried thats the only person who would make me feel better

If it's only twos drops, then I highly doubt you have anything to worry about. It could be a number of things, like maybe a cut or something. I would talk to your hubby about it if you think he will be able to make you feel more confident about the situation. If you think it will make him worried, I would wait to see if there is more blood and then Tell him. There's no point in having two people stressed if there's no reason. Stress is really toxic to your body. The adrenaline, hormone dumps and the general panic it causes has more negative effects than most people realize. Just take some calming breaths, maybe a nice warm shower and have some tea. I really think this will be ok.

Thank u both for being here for me.

I will see how it goes before I ring hubby as he will just get stressed at work otherwise. If I get more than I should ring him and maybe go to hospital or something? The hospital know our last case as I had multiple scans in my last pregnancy x

It can be normal (I have bled in both pregnancies), I know you don't have a regular dr but can you call a dr or go to a walk in centre? When I have bled they have wanted me to go in to the dr and then they have referred me to the EPU at the hosp for a scan. Good luck :flower:

I'm sorry you're going through this, I know how stressful it is. I had some bleeding at 6 weeks and was seen at the emergency room at the maternity hospital. They referred me to the EPU. Can you call the maternity hospital and ask their advice?

My bleeding turned out to be implantation bleeding and lasted until 7 weeks. It was very frightening so I do understand. But I was told that this can be very common. I was told that all bleeding should be reported and as you don't have a regular doctor, I definitely think you should give your maternity hospital a call. Hang in there, it's a very good sign that it stopped and that there's no cramping.

Just call your MW, she will either reassure you or send you for a early scan, the scan may not be today or tomorrow, no point calling your husband until you know. Good luck x

Assuming your in the uk?

Yes im in uk but don't have a number for midwife yet.

I rang the EPU at hospital and they said I can come for a scan and check up but not before 8 weeks. So I've got appointment next Wednesday 3.30pm xxx

If I have anymore bleeding or cramps then I need to ring back.
I hope to god that I don't get anymore bleeding and that this baby is ok xxx

Hi MrsBroodyPants, glad you've got a scan soon. That will put your mind at ease, but do your best to keep calm in the meantime. Run yourself a warm bath and do some deep breathing. I find that really helps me to relax.
Got my fingers crossed that there's no more bleeding for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"