Bit Random, but Baby Fragrance/Perfume, anyone?

LoraLoo

Pregnant with a Rainbow
Reaction score
I love bathing Amy - she's almost 20 months now and she loves it aswell. I always use put cream or a bit of talc on her afterwards, not really because she needs it, more because I love the smell of a baby thats just been bathed :blush: Trouble is, it never seems to last long any more, not like when she was a tiny baby.

And then I remembered back when I had my first baby (she's 10 now) somebody knit her some cardigans and sprayed it with something. Smelt GORGEOUS, bit like talc...ish. I've tried googling it but found nothing other than baby perfumes:shrug: Has anyone else heard of a spray, or seen one?!

Lora xxxxx

I think it's baby cologne. I use the Johnson's ones. I guess Zara also have baby perfume.

I think it's baby cologne. I use the Johnson's ones. I guess Zara also have baby perfume.

Ohhh thanks, where do you buy that from? Do you put it on baby or their clothes? Or either? xxxx

Here they'r sold in any supermarket, I put it on his clothes before we go out, & he really likes it :)

You can try amazon.com xx

I'm a bit confused, Lucy is a baby and so she smells like a baby, are you saying you can actually get a baby perfume???

Just looked on ebay and they have some! Is it the 'origional' one, do you know? xx

I don't know of the spray you're thinking of, but to make my LO smell yummy I use lush products on her! :haha:
I use the soaps and lotions then sit around sniffing her all day! It looks less weird than using them on me and walking around smelling myself all day! :rofl:

I'm a bit confused, Lucy is a baby and so she smells like a baby, are you saying you can actually get a baby perfume???

I notice a lot of people say their baby smells like a baby, did I get a faulty one she's never smelled like baby! Not joking either, her smells (that I don't add to her) include food, poo, or nothing at all!

I use the blue one or the yellow one. Yellow is more girly as it smells like citrus. The blue one smells like Johnson's lotions/ powder.

I used (and still do sometimes) something called agua de colonia from Spain. It's alcohol free and is made for babies and is used loads over there - I mainly use it if it's warm, it cools her down, or if she wakes up with crazy hair I put a bit on before I comb it.

I remember a thread on here when Holly was little where somebody asked a similar question and there was a bit of controversy about it - but where I grew up (Spain) it is a totally normal thing to use. Keeps them fresh inbetween showers/baths, cools them down - and smells yummy! If you go out early evening in Spain and you see all the Spanish families all smartly dressed strolling around, I guarantee you that every baby/toddler/child will smell of it :)

This is what we use https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nenuco-Spanish-Baby-Cologne-750ml-toiletries-fragrances-/170589699329?pt=UK_Baby_Baby_Bathing_Grooming_LE&hash=item27b7f03d01

t's not perfume, it's just water with a scent similar to ones that are used in baby powder or lotions. It doesnt have alcohol, & it usually comes as a cologne not even a spray. It's like using a scented fabric softener.

I dont use powder or lotions on Omar as they have to be used directly on the skin, the cologne is used on the clothes.

Thanks, I'll order the blue one :flower:

Yeah she smells gorgeous after all her lotions and potions in the bath but it doesnt seem to last any more! I love that 'baby' smell! xxxx

This is what we use https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nenuco-Spanish-Baby-Cologne-750ml-toiletries-fragrances-/170589699329?pt=UK_Baby_Baby_Bathing_Grooming_LE&hash=item27b7f03d01

Oh is this a talc-y smelling one too? Is it for clothes or baby? xx

oh wow I've never heard of this before, sounds like a good idea though, especially for out in warmer countries.

Sounds lovely!! My baby usually just smells like puke :( lol

Interesting! Thomas always smells like milk and spew, I might have to check that stuff out.

I can't wait until I go to Spain in the summer as I will definatley be stocking up on this! I love baby cologne, it makes them smell so yummy! Whereas my baby usually smells of sick, poo or weird cheese :haha: They baby wash smell doesnt last long at all.

I wish they sold it in the UK!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"