BJ City Select vs iCandy Peach Blossom Tandem (pic against Quinny Buzz added)

Gwizz

Boys Rule!
Reaction score
Just found this great link that compares the Baby Jogger City Select v's iCandy Peach Blossom :coffee:

https://www.jussy.plus.com/CS&P/CSP.html

Thankyou to the author :flower:

Thank you! The guy from the stockists where we bought out City Select told me about this, how somebody had done a very thorough comparison of the two and he emailed it to me, but I've not read it yet (even though I'm due to get my new pram any day :dohh:) I presume it was the same as this one anyway. I initially wanted to Peach because it is beautiful but now I can see how similar they both are and I don't feel like I've got just a rip off of the Peach as much with the Select. It looks very very good :thumbup:

Thanks again, for this :flower: xx

np hun ... for hours Ive sat comparing tandem buggies lol!!!!

The city select does look the bees knees but then the ICandy is so sleek!!! hehe ... decisions decisions!

x

Some people have said they've managed to get the Peach for virtually the same price as i paid for the Select but I was quoted around £900 from the place I'm getting my baby jogger. Plus, I don't know if this included car seat adaptors. I've ordered my select in amethyst too, which wasn't released when we ordered it so that's why I'm having to wait. I do think the Peach looks gorgeous but I love the colour I have my Select coming in. I actually can't stop looking at this link now lol :blush:

:haha:

Amethyst is a lovely colour, but im having two boys so im thinking black and may get some footmuffs in boy colours (not too keen on Baby Jogger footmuff)

I agree, Ive looked online and it seems the city select is a good couple hundred pound cheaper, depending on the different variations you buy :)

That comparison is GREAT! I have an icandy pear and it does my head in!

My lovely Fiance brought me the BJCS in Red yesterday :D :wohoo: Decided against black as my Quinny is black :)

It's great isn't it! I was really sold on the BJCS, but when I went to have a play in John Lewis, it just felt SO much bigger than the Peach. BUT the Peach seats are dinky, if my 18 month old wasn't a dinky girl, I think we'd struggle to use it for her for very long. As it is, the straps are under strain if she's in her winter coat and the footmuff. Buying off ebay, I probably only spent about £450 for the Peach with two seats, a car seat for the bottom and the lower carrycot.

Yeah there was a couple of lovely 'peachs' and 'pears' on Ebay we were looking at. Seat size was one of the things that made us go for the BJCS because our little man isnt so little really :haha: plus hes a bit older when baby arrives so needed the room :D

x

Picture of my City Select against my Quinny Buzz 3 for comparison .... Adjustments still need to be made of leg support and canopy height but :thumbup: so far :D

https://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm309/gwizz1982/IMG_2589.jpg

Gosh, it's not as big as I thought. Can't wait to get mine :happydance: xx

It is quite long if u have the front seat facing you pushing and the other facing forward - it can get quite long then ... Its also same width as a Quinny both with wheels on

x

I've been looking at images of it and I'm really starting to wish I'd mixed it up a little and got different coloured seat units. I have the Amethyst and I'm starting to doubt it's suitability for my son, think I should have got it in black for him and Amethyst for my little miss :dohh:

BTW anyone looking to buy this tandem should look at Tesco.com because right now it's massively reduced https://direct.tesco.com/search/default.aspx?search=baby+jogger+city+select&confirm.x=0&confirm.y=0 It's only available in black but it's a pretty fantastic price :thumbup: xx

Bear in mind BJCS in the UK the 'seat backs' and footwells of the BJCS are infact black on all colours and the hoods and seat sides are the chosen other colour. For some reason we got told it was regulation that they are black :shrug:

Difference:
https://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnoQsWRHhR7zO265JHmmEVrGHYhWmJ1BHzy9bUIwrW0NUsUplU

https://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMMgSk8cPNOTQCdmFMOHrnn3OlbPmQXfSd7Gfq2AU_t8LyZrhZ1Q

I do like it like this though, you can only just see the black seat unit behind it.

Happy with what I'm getting (I guess :haha:) as it was touch and go that I was even gonna get it at all a few days ago :nope: All sorted now though phew! xx

Attachments

• baby-jogger-second-seat-kit-amethyst-50968.jpg
    baby-jogger-second-seat-kit-amethyst-50968.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 1
Hi!! I just wanted to say, I've had my bjcs since June last year and I still love it!! We bought it in advance of lo no 2 and it has been really great for us, using it only with one seat... and the basket is HUGE, its my favourite thing!! I hope when it comes time to buy our second seat that there are more colours to choose from, we have a black seat. The hood is my second favourite thing, no need for an umbrella here. Off to check out your link :)

Ive been using it for a couple weeks now :thumbup: Love the hood too :D I got both my seats in red. Yeah basket is huge too and easy to get get in and out of. Ben likes it too cos hes a bit fussy and has to sit quite upright and so he doesnt complain about the seat either :)

x

I'm still waiting on mine :cry::cry:

I called them on saturday and they said it was in the country, it came off the shipment late thursday night and it was in a compartment waiting to be dispatched so is expected with them tuesday (today) or wednesday. So, it looks like it'll be tomorrow then. I will have to wait til thursday though because I can't get it tomorrow :hissy: I'm getting a bit fed up of waiting now and I just can't wait to get it :growlmad: xx

Woohoo! Got my pram at last! :happydance: I absolutely adore it. It's gorgeous and I'm so glad I went for it in the amethyst because it's beautiful . It's very very posh looking in fact hehe :smug: Only thing that didn't come in was the car seat adaptors so hopefully we'll get those on friday or saturday. I love how the seat unit reclines so much, may encourage my LO to nap in his pram a bit more fingers crossed. Thought my baby was coming today as well as my pram but it seems she was just playing silly buggers with me and being a bit of a tease :growlmad: Super pleased with my baby jogger though and looking foward to using it as a single for the time being :thumbup: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->