Blah....failed my 1 hour

Braven05

Mommy to Avery <3
Reaction score
Now I have to go in on Thursday for my 3 hour fasting test...blah :growlmad: I know a lot of people don't make it through the 1 hour and make it through the 3 hour, I am just annoyed I have to take 3 hours off work to do it. I'm also anemic and have to start taking iron pills. Hooray.

Dam, that sucks! Hope the next one goes better, I hear a lot of ladies pass the 2nd one just fine.

Sorry this is my first baby, might sound like a dumbass but I dont know what your talking about? xx Are they tests of some sort?

I failed mine too. The three hour sucks! I ended up putting three chairs together and sleeping in the waiting room between each blood draw. make sure to bring a snack and eat it after you're done before you leave, I almost fainted after mine.

Glucose tollerence test to check for gestational dibetes. It is routine in the USA to screen all women. In the UK unless you have a postitive glucose in your urine, a high BMI or previous GD then we don't do routine GTTs.

Diet is the best way to increase your iron intake, adn won't make you feel consipated. Get plenty of Vit C.. it helps it aborb.
Hope your 3 hour test come back as you wish.
XxX

Sorry this is my first baby, might sound like a dumbass but I dont know what your talking about? xx Are they tests of some sort?

Glucose testing...you do a one hour test first and if you fail it (I think its if you're over 140 sugar level in your blood) you have to take a 3 hour test in which you drink the glucose drink, and they test your blood every hour for 3 hours...its to test if you have Gestational Diabetes.

Glucose tollerence test to check for gestational dibetes. It is routine in the USA to screen all women. In the UK unless you have a postitive glucose in your urine, a high BMI or previous GD then we don't do routine GTTs.

Diet is the best way to increase your iron intake, adn won't make you feel consipated. Get plenty of Vit C.. it helps it aborb.
Hope your 3 hour test come back as you wish.
XxX

Thanks...I REALLY don't want to go on iron...I've been on it before and the adjustment was horrible...it took me 2 months of going back and forth between diarrhea and constipation before my stomach got used to it...and I'm already constipated as it is. She said my blood count was quite low though and said I couldn't get the dosage I needed over the counter, I needed a prescription.

Ahhh poo sorry u gotta go through it all again Hun.I was always anemic before pregnancy but because I've continued takin pregnacare it's been the only tine when I'm fine,maybe give them a go if u haven't already as they are not as harsh on ur tummy xx

Ahhh poo sorry u gotta go through it all again Hun.I was always anemic before pregnancy but because I've continued takin pregnacare it's been the only tine when I'm fine,maybe give them a go if u haven't already as they are not as harsh on ur tummy xx

Thanks...I'd love another option than taking the straight iron...they were not fun...ah well...I knew I was gonna be anemic...I haven't been taking vitamins containing iron and I had a tendency to be anemic anyways.

Lots of ladies in the home and natural birth section highly reccommend taking Spartone - Google it - I don't know if you can get it in the USA though.
Thread link,(some good diet advice too) - https://www.babyandbump.com/home-na...ays-boost-iron-levels-spa-tone-effective.html

XxX

Mine's tomorrow! Getting some cold feet now.

Glucose testing...you do a one hour test first and if you fail it (I think its if you're over 140 sugar level in your blood) you have to take a 3 hour test in which you drink the glucose drink, and they test your blood every hour for 3 hours...its to test if you have Gestational Diabetes.

hi ya i have my gtt tomorrow im having the 3 hour straight away didnt even get offered the hour one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->