Bleeding 1st trimester - Help from 3rd trimester ladies please!!!

How much have you been bleeding? My doctor told me only to panic if it's over a cup full. Also, light period like cramping is normal but I would go straight to the hospital if it becomes painful. Good luck, unfortunatley the worrying never stops :(

I've had spotting/bleeding for my entire pregnancy, and I was VERY crampy for the entire first trimester. I'm 33 W now, and my little girl is a dancer.

I will say, make sure that it's not irritation from the toilet paper. I actually got a cut from it once!

I know you've gotten a ton of responses already but I figured I'd contribute too. I spotted daily from like 6 weeks to 8 weeks. At 8 weeks I had a massive bleed out of nowhere and I even passed what I really thought was the sac. Sometimes I had cramping, sometimes I didn't. I went to the ER several times for the bleeding, every time things were fine. I stopped bleeding around 9 weeks but then at 14 weeks I had another huge bleed in the morning, with a clot and bad cramping afterwards. Went to the ER, again, baby was fine (in fact got to see her dance around and suck her thumb). I haven't bled since then, thank god... but they never found ANY explanation for the bleeding or spotting. No cervical issues, no placenta issues, baby was 100% healthy...the only thing they came up with was the fact that I had a UTI but I think that was just their way of copping out as I have UTIs constantly even before pregnancy and this bleeding was most definitely from my cervix, and I've never had anything like this. But yeah... I was sure my baby wasn't going to make it but here I am. Good luck!!

Oh wow, that's crazy. How stressful for you. I'm so glad your baby is good and healthy. Thank you for the words of encouragement. I'm just so nervous everything is going to go away and I've wanted this for so long. I'm already liking the idea of twins now that it's sunk in. So if that other little booger doesn't make it, i will be really sad. But thank you so much. I appreciated this post! :hugs:

They should keep monitoring progesterone...don't give the 30+ for granted...yes it's going down....so they should measure it again....have they done an ultrasound? other than bed rest, monitoring progesterone and an ultrasound nothing more can be done....

I do agree with you they should check the progesterone...mine was utterly high and it went all the way to 12 in a matter of 3 days....

Ok, thanks. I'll have them check it again next week. Yes, i've had 2 ultrasounds now and both are just fine.

How much have you been bleeding? My doctor told me only to panic if it's over a cup full. Also, light period like cramping is normal but I would go straight to the hospital if it becomes painful. Good luck, unfortunatley the worrying never stops :(

I was not bleeding enough for a pad. Just could tell when i put the tp up there and when i pulled it out it was covered a few times. But as of Friday, i haven't bled!!! Whatever it was stopped. The cramping has almost completely gone too! I hope everything's still ok in there. :)

That is great news! can't wait to hear how your scan goes, FX the bleeding is done and over with!

well...it didn't work out for us...we lost our babies. we are hoping to get pregnant again soon. :cry:

I've bled in both my pregnancies. It was a cervical erosion the first time, never had the internal exam this time but I'm assuming same cause x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->