Bleeding 1st trimester - Help from 3rd trimester ladies please!!!

ttcbabyisom

heartbroken...
Reaction score
Ok, I'm 6 weeks, 2 days today and i've had a few bleeding episodes that are FREAKING me out. Last weekend went to E.R. and they did an u/s and everything was fine. I keep getting told the bleeding is normal and to remain calm but to keep an eye on it. I had another episode yesterday and they had me come in for another u/s and everything looked great again. Saw and heard the heartbeat. They checked my progesterone and it's still good. It did drop from last time but it's above the norm at 30.7. They told me it just needed to be above 20. But my last numbers were 79 and 51 so i'm nervous they will just continue to plumet. So my next scheduled appointment isn't until March 13 at 8 weeks, 1 day and i hate to wait that long. I'm so nervous about this bleeding. Can someone please come on here and tell me this is normal and they bled too and everything turned out fine??? Thank you!

I bled during first trimester and it turned out I had a SCH and it was making its way out. I'm guessing they would have told you if you had one. I know how fearful bleeding is and it is so hard to not to worry. Best of luck to you!

I bled during first trimester and it turned out I had a SCH and it was making its way out. I'm guessing they would have told you if you had one. I know how fearful bleeding is and it is so hard to not to worry. Best of luck to you!

What's an SCH? They haven't said anything that was alarming. Yeah, you would think they would have by now since i've had 2 u/s. Thank you for the tip!!!

What's an SCH? They haven't said anything that was alarming. Yeah, you would think they would have by now since i've had 2 u/s. Thank you for the tip!!!

It is a subchronic hematoma, it is a pocket of blood outside the sac. Normally it is expelled or the body reabsorbs it. It was quite clear on my ultrasounds and they monitored it to make sure it was shrinking. The good thing is that all you ultrasounds everything has looked good so you just have to keep remembering that!

i bled at very early on in first tri and then again at 14-16 weeks scared me but everything was fine never found a reason why i was bleeding.

I had regularly bleeding up until 22 weeks.
They never found a cause - sometimes we have to accept its just one of those things and there is nothing that we can do but sit and wait it out. Easier said then done, eh?!
Rx

Try not to worry unless you get heavy bleeding with cramps. I bled during the 1st tri at about 6 and 9 weeks and am currently looking at my beautiful baby so I hope these posts reassure you.

Hi I bled at 6 8 and 11 weeks and I am now just over 38 weeks. I was told it was implantation bleeding x

I bled at 6, 9 and 23 weeks with some random spotting episodes in between. It was apparently my cervical erosion. It's meant I can't have penetrative sex until 37 weeks but that's so my normal erosion bleeding isn't confused with something more serious. Honestly, I was terrified and thought it was all over. You can see from my ticker I got over the hurdles! Good luck!

i bled from 7 weeks until 14 weeks. I had been to the er 3 times in that time, they didn't tell me until my 3 or 4th u/s that i had a slight tear in my placenta almost like a SCH and by 16 weeks the bleed was almost completely gone! It was really scared me as i had never had anything like this with my other two, but was told as long as i didn't have cramping that was a very good sign. I was put on bed rest for two weeks and pelvic rest for 4. GL Hope they figure out what is causing the bleed!

i bled from 7 weeks until 14 weeks. I had been to the er 3 times in that time, they didn't tell me until my 3 or 4th u/s that i had a slight tear in my placenta almost like a SCH and by 16 weeks the bleed was almost completely gone! It was really scared me as i had never had anything like this with my other two, but was told as long as i didn't have cramping that was a very good sign. I was put on bed rest for two weeks and pelvic rest for 4. GL Hope they figure out what is causing the bleed!

that's so scary. Well i'm cramping too so you're saying that's a bad sign. I heard cramping was normal too. :-(

that's so scary. Well i'm cramping too so you're saying that's a bad sign. I heard cramping was normal too. :-(

It is so hard because what is normal in one pregnancy might not be normal in someone else's pregnancy. I would try and take it as easy as possible and stay in contact with your doctor about what is going on! :hugs:

It's a good sign that they have seen the baby's hb while you are still cramping/bleeding. I would just relax and take it as easy as possible, when is your next appt? What really helped me though all of this is i bought a doppler (sonoline b) so whenever i would bleed and feel scared or even just wondering i could find the hb and put my mind at ease! I could hear my babes hb at 10 weeks and i'm a heavier girl, i found my friends baby at 9 weeks. Took me a while to figure out what i was listening for, but i watched some videos on youtube and it didn't take me to long :)

6 weeks is really early try not to panic and see what happens you could be miss carrying or it could just be your body getting thing going who knows just keep a eye on it and call the dr when you need I'm sorry you going threw this

It's a good sign that they have seen the baby's hb while you are still cramping/bleeding. I would just relax and take it as easy as possible, when is your next appt? What really helped me though all of this is i bought a doppler (sonoline b) so whenever i would bleed and feel scared or even just wondering i could find the hb and put my mind at ease! I could hear my babes hb at 10 weeks and i'm a heavier girl, i found my friends baby at 9 weeks. Took me a while to figure out what i was listening for, but i watched some videos on youtube and it didn't take me to long :)

yeah, i know. i've had 2 ultrasounds now and both were good and i was spotting/bleeding and cramping at the time. Today is much better though, hardly any bleeding and minimal cramping so i'm excited about that. My next appt. is March 13 so not too far away. I'll be 8 weeks, 1 day on that appointment.

I know you've gotten a ton of responses already but I figured I'd contribute too. I spotted daily from like 6 weeks to 8 weeks. At 8 weeks I had a massive bleed out of nowhere and I even passed what I really thought was the sac. Sometimes I had cramping, sometimes I didn't. I went to the ER several times for the bleeding, every time things were fine. I stopped bleeding around 9 weeks but then at 14 weeks I had another huge bleed in the morning, with a clot and bad cramping afterwards. Went to the ER, again, baby was fine (in fact got to see her dance around and suck her thumb). I haven't bled since then, thank god... but they never found ANY explanation for the bleeding or spotting. No cervical issues, no placenta issues, baby was 100% healthy...the only thing they came up with was the fact that I had a UTI but I think that was just their way of copping out as I have UTIs constantly even before pregnancy and this bleeding was most definitely from my cervix, and I've never had anything like this. But yeah... I was sure my baby wasn't going to make it but here I am. Good luck!!

They should keep monitoring progesterone...don't give the 30+ for granted...yes it's going down....so they should measure it again....have they done an ultrasound? other than bed rest, monitoring progesterone and an ultrasound nothing more can be done....

I do agree with you they should check the progesterone...mine was utterly high and it went all the way to 12 in a matter of 3 days....

I've bled my whole entire pregnancy! I was also told it was a subchrionic Hemorrhage. I am now almost 36 weeks with a very active little baby girl.

Yesterday morning actually I started bleeding randomly. They had me come in and check me. Well They checked me over and they said that I am just bleeding for no reason. lol They aren't able to check it.

Bleeding is such a scary thing, especially because in pregnancy you aren't "suppose" to bleed. Well It happens as you see from me and PP's. Keep a positive attitude. You're little one sounds like a strong little one. :hugs:

I bled through out my first trimester. I had a horrid doctor that said I was probably miscarrying. I've now got four weeks until I am due with a very healthy baby boy.

Unfortunately I've had both good and bad outcomes. It's nature and there is nothing you can do but wait. Best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->