Bleeding... but ok.

Winks

Mum of two
Reaction score
Don't usually post much - but I need to blah a bit today. Had a horrible scare yesterday morning.

Woke up and went to the loo - and when I wiped there was blood (bright red!!!) with some clots (sorry TMI). Absolutely freaked out. I'm at 8Weeks.

We haven't told anyone and my partner is away for work. I hyperventilated - then rang my OB (who I haven't seen yet). She was fantastic and told me to come straight in for a scan.

Funny thing is I had been wanting an early scan as wasn't due to have my first one until 12 weeks.... but this wasn't the way I wanted to have it.

The poor MW had to deal with me crying before they even took the scan - she was fantastic. Told me that 30% of women bleed and it can be all fine.

So luckily she found the little bub straight away and I got to see the heartbeat - all fine and measuring right on track. Don't think I was excited just so so so relieved.

I've decided now to tell my closest friends so I'll have more support if this happens again. I suppose just wanted to let people know that bleeding isn't the end of the world (though sure feels like it).

Aww Im glad to hear everything is ok!

And at least you got to see your baby early :)

Hope the rest of your pregnancy is a little more stressfree lol

xx

glad everything is good with both you and baby, I hope u both have a less stressfull & healthy few months ahead xx

I can only imagine how scary that must have been! I'm glad that everything is ok though.

Oh geez... I'm sorry you had to go through that, but glad everything is ok! :hugs: I went through that a few weeks ago - some spotting and rushed into the dr for an ultrasound. I felt much better after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->