Bleeding red in week 5. Anyone have any success stories?

Nikoru0111

Reaction score
So yesterday I was feeling all happy because I felt really nauseous all day. I thought the morning sickness was kicking in. I was just about to leave my apartment to go teach an evening class and I felt like I wet myself a little. Went to the bathroom and there was blood in my knickers. Bright red. No clots and not so much pain. I was crying uncontrollably. Cancelled my class and was sure I was miscarrying. The red bleeding lasted for maybe 4 hours and wasn't enough to soak a pad I don't think but most of it was in my knickers beforehand or on some tissue in the toilet. When I finally used a pad there wasn't much on it. Since last night the bleeding has slowed down to some brown spotting mainly only when I go to the toilet to wipe. My husband called the hospital yesterday and asked their advice. They said to only come in if it got very painful or the bleeding increased. Today I have had bad cramping but no blood.

I also did a bad thing and checked my cervix. I know it can cause infection (I looked it up afterwards) and I didn't freshly wash my hand (but it shouldn't have been that dirty). I feel bad for doing this now too. Anyway I think it was slightly open, it was soft and rather low.

Has anyone got any experiences where they had red bleeding and everything turned out fine?

My husband is still being positive because I haven't passed any clots but I think it is imminent. People around me are telling me not to give up hope but I feel like if I try to stay positive I'll only be hurt again when it is definite. The hospital doesn't want to see me until next Friday which feels ages away. I just can't concentrate on anything else right now. My other symptoms such as sickness and breast pain have nearly gone but my boobs are still a little tender. Yesterday I did a preg test and that was still a dark positive. I think it did take longer to come up though. . I know it doesn't mean much at all. Just thought if it came up very faint or negative then id know so that's why I took it.

I have not experienced this, but I wish you the best!

It could be an implantation bleeding. I had very slight bleeding and some spotting on and off at that time and later found out that my progesterone levels are low and it was a threatened miscarriage. I was immediately put on progesterone supplements and that indeed saved my baby. Since you still got a BFP, try to stay positive. And try and see a doctor soon to get your bloods done so that they can check for HCG and progesterone levels and give you some medications if needed.

Good luck hun! Praying for a positive news :hugs:

I had red bleeding at 8 weeks and then again from 10 through to 12 weeks and my little boy is now 9 months old. I had lots of emergency scans but they never gave me a reason for the bleeding.

Thinking of you lots, hoping it turns out ok x x

I bled twice during pregnancy one at 14 weeks and again close to the end. Don't give up hope just yet. It could be anything and nothing. Fingers crossed for you. Stay positive.

Thank you everyone I am trying to stay positive, it's just so difficult. I really wish I could see someone to check my blood but I really don't know how things work in Japan and the people I have called said they will see me on Tuesday only if things get worse and if things stay the same, not until next friday. I'm sure by then if it was anything to do with progesterone there would be no chance. Also by then perhaps I will have had more bleeding. But it's a bank holiday here and I guess no one thinks it's an emergency, or if they do, they don't seem to care. Probably because it is so early. I've spent most of the time in bed since bleeding, so I don't know if the bleeding has stopped just because I'm horizontal rather than vertical.

Hi hun, hugs - im so sorry youre going through this. What about telling them its getting worse (even if its not) just so they would see you? I don't think lying in general is a good thing BUT this is about your baby and you getting some peace of mind /closure.

Hi hun, hugs - im so sorry youre going through this. What about telling them its getting worse (even if its not) just so they would see you? I don't think lying in general is a good thing BUT this is about your baby and you getting some peace of mind /closure.

I don't think it would at this stage though. Unless they saw absolutely nothing and I would know I was completely miscarrying, in which case I would probably find that out myself in a few days time. If they saw something they would only see a sac and I would have to return again in a few weeks to see a embryo and/or heartbeat. I'd have to wait either way. Plus If I wait until Friday (would be 6w+2 if things were progressing normally) I will have my husband with me. If I go earlier then I won't have him and I think since I'm in a foreign country, this is first pregnancy and would be first miscarriage and I don't speak the language not to mention I'll probably be an emotional wreck, I'd rather have him with me when/if we find out the bad news.

Subchorionic hematomas are a very common cause for bleeding scares during the first trimester. It happens when blood gets caught between the membranes of the delopimg placenta and the baby. It is the cause of bleeding in about half of pregnancies, and is rarely threatening to the pregnancy. Quite often it will get reabsorbed so many women with an SCH don't bleed at all either. I had an SCH go unnoticed until 14 weeks when it started bleeding heavily all weekend.

Best treatment is bedrest, and hopefully thats what has happened to you and that's the last of the bleeding :hugs:

Subchorionic hematomas are a very common cause for bleeding scares during the first trimester. It happens when blood gets caught between the membranes of the delopimg placenta and the baby. It is the cause of bleeding in about half of pregnancies, and is rarely threatening to the pregnancy. Quite often it will get reabsorbed so many women with an SCH don't bleed at all either. I had an SCH go unnoticed until 14 weeks when it started bleeding heavily all weekend.

Best treatment is bedrest, and hopefully thats what has happened to you and that's the last of the bleeding :hugs:

Thanks for that comment hun. I hope this is the case too. My cramps seem to be getting worse though. Just past 30 mins they were quite severe. Bleeding hasn't started again that I know of though. Just brown spotting when I wipe. Boobs still a little tender but I think they have got softer like pre pregnancy. Just don't know what is going on really. I reckon there is probably no point trying to guess. What will be will be whether I know or not.

There is lots of scary feelings, pains/ache like times at the beginning of pregnancy that no one tells you about
Even though the whole of pregnancy. It's the first time to ur body is going through it and doesn't know what to expect. At the very beginning of my pregnancy I had stomach cramps and felt lethargic before I even knew I was pregnant
hoping is the same for u

I am sorry you are going through this! :hugs:

SCH are very common during pregnancy. Also, since you are only 5 weeks it could be implantation bleeding. With my dd I didn't find out I was pregnant till later because I had what I thought was a light period, but later the dr said it must have been implantation bleeding. This would have been around 4.5-5weeks. She is now a healthy one year old!

As far as cramping goes, I have had bad period like cramps with both pregnancies. Usually up till about 8 weeks.

Good luck and Fxed for you Hun!

well my grandmother and teenage niece both had heavy bleeding/their periods in the first few months of their pregnancy and both had healthy babies.

I had 4 bleeds in my previous pregnancy starting 6 wks. First one was at 6 weeks and the last one was at 16 weeks. A subchorionic hemmorage was seen on u/s but by 16 weeks it was completely dissolved. And as you've described, it often felt quite wet down there when I've had my bleeds. I'd bleed red for the first day, then spot for the next 2 days or so. Same thing happened for all of my bleeds.

My OB told me to take it easy and to also go on pelvic rest following the bleeds. If it's a SCH then some cramping can be expected as blood in the uterus does irritate it thus causing the cramps. I did cramp a lot in my previous pregnancy (not severe, but constant pretty much till half way through) and I don't know if it's only due to the SCH or due to the uterus expanding to accommodate a growing LO.

Try to take a rest and drink lots of water, it helps with cramping somehow!

Thanks for taking the time to comment guys. It's weird but at the moment my cramps seem to get bad when I'm sat down or stood up. If I'm lying down they seem to subside. Still not too much bleeding today. Guess I'll just be in limbo until I find out. Until then I made myself compile a list of positives about not being pregnant. It was hard but I could think of more things than I thought I would be able to.

1. Get to spend longer at school. I'm currently learning Japanese so I can become a little more independent in Japan. At the moment I have to rely on my hubby for practically everything and I'm sure that's going to get very old very quickly.
2. I can spend longer with my husband as a couple. We haven't been together long, nor have we been married long. We've only lived together for 6 months total. My BFP wasn't planned but we were both happy.
3. I can drink at my wedding ceremony (we are legally married but haven't had the ceremony yet), birthday and Christmas. This isn't so much of a big one but I know I was looking forward to enjoying myself a little before we decided to have a family. We probably would have thought about trying beginning of 2015.

Of course I'd much rather continue with my pregnancy but perhaps it just isn't the right time right now. I just have to trust in the gods and my fate I guess. Fate found me my Husband and I believe something's are just meant or not meant. Maybe this will be that occasion. If it does continue then I know someone was watching over it and making sure it survived and if it doesn't, guess it just isn't the right time.

Right enough of the rambling.

Thanks again for listening to me guys.

I totally understand ur reasons for making your list
Might make it easier if you don't get the best result
You can focus on things you will look forward to.

Good luck sweetie, hope you get some answers soon.

I have Sch right now, I bleed daily. Once they told me that it was less panicking. Might be your culprit but it took a few ultrasounds to get to find out about my Sch. Good luck.

If I were you I would just take it easy for a couple of days. If your pain and bleeding worry you, go ahead and go to the doctor. Better to find out what is going on even if it is 'normal' bleeding. You've got to listen to your body!

I had similar, although I didn't have to stress like you are because I didn't know I was pregnant yet. I had a 4-hour "period" at 6 weeks that promptly turned into brown spotting. That's when I figured it out. I saw my doc a little less than a week later, and he saw a SCH on my scan right next to the sac. It diminished greatly over the next week and was completely gone two weeks later. It took me a few weeks to stop spotting.

Doc put me on exercise and sex restriction during this time.

I hope everything works out for you - you have a great outlook on your life!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->