Bloating In firts trimester

Donna26

Reaction score
Hi all,
Has any of you experienced major bloating in the first trimester? I am exactly 7 weeks, but look about 6 months! I am not imagining it either - My hubby finally agreed last night that he too could see it and was worried. (after years of being trained to say of course you don't look fat whenever asked, I knew that he meant it!)
I am extremely sporty, but I have given up cardio for the last 2 weeks due to the cramping I had been experiencing!
My Doc said it's the uterus expanding as they get to the size of a grape fruit, but I am only 7 weeks- not 12 and it's more like a water mellon than a grape fruit!!!

My hubby reckons i could be further along than thought- but HCG levels last week were 2122 then 7989 3 days later - it would be much higher if I was further along. I did get symptoms very early of pregnancy - My breasts were tender 2 weeks before AF due and I also tested positive 6 days before AF due.

I am hopefully going for an early scan next week, due to pain and my past gnyae probs, so hopefully it will be dated then.

But has anyone else experienced this amount of bloating- or am I destend to be like a beached whale soon!!
D
X:bodyb:

its just water retention and bloating im still bloated like a football. dont worry about it its normal. think its because things are being moved or being made ready to be moved.

It is normal. I did the same thing, then found at about 11-12 weeks it went down a bit.

:blush: ........ I haven't actually posted this in my thread..... but... last week, I was huge !!! Even posted pictures on here, and facebook.....

.....and now it's gone down again :blush:

Slightly embarrasing that I was actually just a Jabba :rofl:

So..... don't be too concerned... water retention... and I think in my case wind and constipation ( as someone else said 'food babies' ) were to blame..

I do actually miss the fact that I looked pregnant :(

i am in exactly the same situation and have been since i was 6 or 7 weeks! and i am thin and athletic too and i think thats why you notice more, no fat to cover anything.

Yep, bloated beyond belief. It's horrible!

Oh that's great that you're all bloated too- (I don't mean it how it sounds, just i'm not the only one!)
I thought I was going mad! and just another worry to my list!
thanks for your resurrance.
D
x

I am too Donna! A good friend at work who knows asked me today when I was going public because 'you cant exactly hide that for much longer'

Erm TA!

Im not even 8 weeks yet!!

I was always really bloated from soon after I found out I was pregnant. I looked like I already had a bump but I knew it was too early. Eventually the space became filled with baby though.

Hi there,
I wonder if anyone can help me too.....We have been TTC for the last month. At the start of this week I was waking up feeling very sick and as for coffee, well I couldn't stand the smell of it and normally I can't cope without a cuppa in the morning. I have also been suffering with really bad headaches and the urge to sleep in the afternoons.....this lasted for 4 days. After that I then started to feel very bloated, I wake up in the mornings feeling bloated and it continues through the day, but by bed time my stomach is quite large......its too early to do a test yet as I am not due on until a week on tuesday. I didn't think you could get symptoms as early as a couple of weeks, but according to some sites on the net, some react to hormone changes as early as 3 days. I don't want to get my hopes up, but I can't help but think that I am showing symptoms of early pregnancy? Can anybody help me?

Yeah like everyone has said it is normal and I have had it with all mine. It is constipation, water retention and general sluggishness in your bidy as they hormones flush your system!!

hi Donna,

know how you feel im just over 7 weeks and without a word of a lie look 6 months, i feel massive and bloated and i constantly feel full of wind and more so sick because of this, im wearing maternity trousers already as my normal ones are far too tight and make me feel sick, didnt want to tell anyone as yet as too early the way im looking now im not goin to have much choice as they will guess :rofl: so chin up hunn you are not the only one......:)

:hug:

I am the same. I have been wearing my mat jeans for a week now as I can't get all my clothes on!!! I am a fitness fanatic too and I have had to cut down my running so I am feeling bloated anyway!!! My manager at work has made me order mat clothes as my work trousers are too tight too!!!! Roll on a proper bump!!!:rofl:

I am really bloated, my work trousers are now too tight and I'm not even 7 weeks yet!

hi,

im the same, im 6 1/2 weeks and my friend is 20 weeks and i feel and look bigger than her! i think as everyone else has said water retention and constipation.

kt x

I'm in early term trousers and only 5 and a bit weeks (although I've lost 3lb this week due to nausea) - the option was to buy trousers in a bigger size that I could wear for a few weeks or to get some comfy early term ones that I could wear for longer. Plus, it was more fun finally being able to try on maternity stuff! I can't wait until I actually have a bump and don't just look bloated! :hug:

LOL I thought it was just me! I have a bump because I am BLOATED. My DH thinks I am nuts because I am saying I am big and he can't figure out why. Good to know it goes down and then turns into a real bump. I am a small person so this bump is obvious and since I am trying to hide this pregnancy until 12 weeks when I tell work and everyone it's making it hard ha ha ha

I have ahd lots of bloating from the beginning my entire tummy up to my boobs it seems is swollen and bloated and at 13+1 there is no sign of it going yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->