Bloody show.. when to expect labour to start?!

KatBar

~Lucky mumma of 2 boys + girl on the way~
Reaction score
So its my third baby and I'm 36 weeks and 5 days along.. And today I've started getting globs of blood tinged mucus coming out. I'm assuming this is the bloody show.

As I didn't get this with my first 2 (first arrived naturally at 39 weeks and 6 days, and second was induced at 38 weeks), I'm curious if you can get the bloody show for days or weeks before labour starts? Or does this mean labour should start in the next day or two?? I kind of thought I had a lil more time up my sleeve lol.

Seeing as you're only 36 weeks I would call your midwife just to let them know

I would tell your midwife just to be on the safe side. The mucus plug can regenerate though.

Echoing what others said, call midwife as you are still a bit early. I personally never saw my bloody show with 1st or 2nd, I do know with my first it happened after a cervix exam when I was 6.5cm. With my 3rd I was already in labor and I was 5 or 6 cm.

Thanks ladies! I did call my hospital when it happened (as this is a first for me, even tho 3rd bubba). They said not to worry as long as its mucus (as in blood in the mucus), and not watery blood. They did also ask if she was still moving about as normal, which she was/is.

Anyway, I'm thinking as I'd been on my feet so much that day, and her head is SUPER low (getting lots of lighting Crotch and pressure), that my cervix actually just got irritated. As the bloody mucus came out Saturday around 5pm, and its now Monday morning and I've had nothing since (although I did have a bit of mucus come out yesterday, but it was clear/snotty colour, no more bloody mucus).

I lost my whole mukas plug followed by the show at 34 wks with my 2 year old son.
They told me to get all my bags packed Ready but I still made it to my induction at 37 weeks and still needed the pessery because my cervix was still too long.
U can lose it weeks b4 labour starts or u can lose it just before or during labour.

Mine happened 3 days before I had my son :). I woke up to active labor, so roughly 2-2.5 days before my labor really kicked in. ETA I’m glad you called your midwife though just to check in :)

Last edited:
Thanks ladies. It's interesting how different it can be for each woman/pregnancy!

I definitely don't feel like she's coming yet (just hit 37 weeks today).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->