BLW - Baby led weaning support thread

aww i'm sure she will adapt to eating with all thos little faces looking at her...if anything i think its a good thing as she's eating with others etc etc :) :hugs: when does she start Nursery?

sara

xxxxxxxx

I don't know :blush: I am meant to be sorting it out this week, think it will be the beginning of Feb. I am not very organised!

The last few days when she drops a piece of food she looks for it, and manages to get it back if it is just lurking in her highchair, lol. It's quite sweet to see her rummaging around for stuff!

Not been here for a while!
But Im back!

It's going well and Lo rarely gags these days ... he's brilliant at getting lumps back out. He sucked a whole slice of peach into his mouth yesterday and me and his daddy kinda like at each other wondering how it fit but he gave it a good play with in his mouth and then a bit popped back out!

My family still don't get it tho...was at my parents today and my sister popped up to while Joshua was happily sat eating some slices of pear. He did pretty well, and after we'd cleaned him up my sister asked 'do you have a liquidiser?'
'No' I say, 'we jsut give him what we eat.' then I was telling her how he LOVES cauliflower cheese and can't get enough of it. She was baffled and later that day she brings me a liquidiser. I said thanks and took it. Maybe I will use it to make me self a smoothie! Lol

I thought so!

Got a question!

Water! Joshua will not drink it, he's got a cold at the moment so I keep offering as Im worried he will be feeling thirsty but he won't drink it. I offer it in a sippy cup and he takes it in his mouth then spits it out!

Do you think it's cos he doesn't like it? Or just doesn't need it? anything else I can try him with?

I just put a video of Freya eating yoghurt with her hands in the pictures thread - sisn't want to keep clogging this one up! I made her a pitta bread pizza tonight and she loved it - but got a bit overexcited and then overtired and took aaaaages to go to sleep! :dohh:

She is doing so much better since I have been doing three meals a day though, she wasn't eating anywhere near this much a week ago :cloud9:

I thought so!

Got a question!

Water! Joshua will not drink it, he's got a cold at the moment so I keep offering as Im worried he will be feeling thirsty but he won't drink it. I offer it in a sippy cup and he takes it in his mouth then spits it out!

Do you think it's cos he doesn't like it? Or just doesn't need it? anything else I can try him with?

You could try a doidy cup? Freya won't drink out of a sippy, but seems to think it's the most fun thing ever to drink out of a doidy!

with the risk of sounding dumb what is a doidy cup? *goes to google*

Glad she is doing better now on 3 meals :D

I just put a video of Freya eating yoghurt with her hands in the pictures thread - sisn't want to keep clogging this one up! I made her a pitta bread pizza tonight and she loved it - but got a bit overexcited and then overtired and took aaaaages to go to sleep! :dohh:

She is doing so much better since I have been doing three meals a day though, she wasn't eating anywhere near this much a week ago :cloud9:

That's great!!

Glad Joshua is doing so well too, Lucy x

And do you guys remember me saying how Violet peels things..? Well, she's started doing it with cheese on toast :rofl:
She'll eat the bread but the cheese will be left, perfectly intact. How the hell does she do it?? :haha:

Oh okay that actually looks like it could be a good idea, he always trys to grab my cups/glass and once I was holding him and my glass and chatting away and next thing i know he has his mouth around it! lol
So this could actually work for us! thanks

It's an open top cup, made tilted so it's easier for them to drink out of, Freya always struggled with a sippy for some reason and I preferred her to drink out of a doidy anyway as it is one less thing to change later on.

LOL @ V -- THAT takes cleverness and dexterity! haha! She must work hard do manage that.

ugh.. just a little rant....
im back to work part time in march :-( ive found a fab childminder, who was the first one i saw! she BLW her eldest, and is totally up for it, which is amazing! anyway, i convinced myself that to find the perfect one first was too good to be true, so booked some appointments to see some others.. even tho ive already said yes to the first woman...

anyway, i went today to see one.. there were MANY things i was horrified about.. ill nt go into all that unless u really want me too as im OT enough lol.. but i asked about feeding & said we were BLW.. i knew it was a bad sign when she didnt know wot i meant, but when i explained, she looked totally flabergasted and said 'on no.. i only give them jars' it turns out she wont even feed her charges homecooked food sent by their parents..... she ONLY feeds jars & other ready to eat foods & drinks....

whats that all about??? not even home cooked puree for traditionaly weaned babies... thats just weird right??
it really seems it wasnt too good to be true finding 'P' first go!!!

ugh.. just a little rant....
im back to work part time in march :-( ive found a fab childminder, who was the first one i saw! she BLW her eldest, and is totally up for it, which is amazing! anyway, i convinced myself that to find the perfect one first was too good to be true, so booked some appointments to see some others.. even tho ive already said yes to the first woman...

anyway, i went today to see one.. there were MANY things i was horrified about.. ill nt go into all that unless u really want me too as im OT enough lol.. but i asked about feeding & said we were BLW.. i knew it was a bad sign when she didnt know wot i meant, but when i explained, she looked totally flabergasted and said 'on no.. i only give them jars' it turns out she wont even feed her charges homecooked food sent by their parents..... she ONLY feeds jars & other ready to eat foods & drinks....

whats that all about??? not even home cooked puree for traditionaly weaned babies... thats just weird right??
it really seems it wasnt too good to be true finding 'P' first go!!!

Blimey, I hope the kids parents know that their home made food isn't being offered!!

So glad you found that out before it was too late!

That's just bizarre NI! When Aisling was on purees, I couldn't get her to accept anything out of a jar and I know a few babies who are the same so are they meant to starve?!

Sounds like everyone's doing so so well!! Our BLW babies are great! :cloud9:

yep all the parents know as they have to supply the jars themselves.. she even proudly showed me the GIANT cupboard of them, all colour coded for each child lol!!!!
i guess its easy, for both sides.. and maybe not so bad part time, but if you worked full time & your baby was there for 2/3 meals 5 days a week, thats a lot of jars of food being eaten!!!
the other lady makes an organic meal every lunchtime, freshly cooked.... and shes only 20p an hour more!! madness!!

Unfornuately, I know plenty of babies that are traditionally weaned and the parents only do jarred purees... never make their own. Those parents probably didn't question it as they don't make their own anyway. :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->