BLW - Baby led weaning support thread

well.. ruby successfully fed the dog 6 pieces of melon today!! she thinks its great!!!

Mumiof2, if you do want to go down the full BLW route, you might need to help your LO with eating more than others would who did it from the start. My LO was on purees until 6.5/7 months and then we made the switch completely but she'd get very frustrated because she knew what the food was, just couldn't get it to her mouth! She got there in the end though and I can't remember the last time I had to help her with anything :thumbup:

Oh and BTW i don't own a blender or a steamer! Is that bad?!
I would love a steamer tho, the veg is so much nicer cooked in one

Glad its not just me! Think I'm going to get one of those baskets you can use to steam in a normal pan.

Me neither!
Good job we didn't do the puree route or I'd be standing there mushing all her food for hours by hand :haha:

If I did do the puree route though, I don't think I could give her any jars.. They just all look so manky. At least if I made my own I'd know exactly what was in it. I wouldn't like to eat half the combinations that they come up with so I can't see babies liking them either! :wacko:

Obviously people need to do what's right for them but I don't think I could stomach offering jars - they smell so rank as well, don't wanna imagine what they taste like :sick:

THEY ARE MINGING!!!!!!!!!! i tasted some on the weaning 'course' and i nearly vomited, and thats not mentioning the texture:sick: ugh ....
i have a steamer and i LOVE it ! and we got a free cheapo blender on the weaning course!LOL i also have one of thos magic bullets but never use it, tho i might in the summer for BBQ drinks etc :D

yeah.. dogs and kids eh!!
he knows theres food on the go, so he lurks around... and watching him is one of her very favourite things to do, so i guess it was only a matter of time until she figured out it was fun to feed him. i thought the first few chunks that 'slipped' over the edge of the table were an accident, but i soon figured out what she was up to!!

My dog loves BLW, too! :haha:

I have one of those basket steamers you put in a pan -- it is awesome! :thumbup:

JJ, I haven't saved any bits yet as DH always eats with us as Otter just eats dinner right now.

Speaking of -- I know this was asked a ways back, but I can't find it. :shy:

Right now if Otter is sleeping at dinner time (like last night) then I don't wake him, which means he doesn't get any solids for the day. I am good with this for now, but at what age do I need to make SURE he gets them everyday??

Firstly TL, OMG!!!! Congratulations!!!!! :shock:

I don't know, up until a week ago I wasn't bothered about Freya not eating every day, and I am still not fussed as long as she gets at least one meal a day.

Having said that, I think the more practise the better.

Wow tl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Huge congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was kinda an oops... but we knew we were treading dangerously when it happened. Got caught! :haha:

I am going to keep nursing Otter for as long as he will -- will tandem nurse if he is still going when this one comes. But just in case he decides to self wean early (I am reading my milk will change in about 4 months), I need to be sure he is eating well. I guess I should just make a point to make sure he BLWs as often as possible starting when he turns 6 months. :shrug: I wasn't going to be too bothered about brekkie at first, but now will need to really concentrate on offering 3 meals a day.

Wow... while working full time and pg! I am a nutter!! :wacko:

you are brave!!!!
i so want another. but i just cant do that whole Hyperemesis thing again!
plus the consultant recommends a 2 year min gap to allow your body to recover from the starvation!
(maybe in 2 years i will have forgotten how bad it really was!)

^ I agree, I was on the verge of hyperemesis throughout my preg, bloody awful, I just managed to keep myself from being hospitalised quite a few times, yours sounded a lot worse! Def need a few years to get over the whole thing!

Freya has just devoured a roast beetroot, she coughed at one point and a fairly large bit shot across the table! Lol! Also she is liking broccoli a bit better now, but the texture on her hands still makes her shudder! Weird. Spring onion is def a favourite at the moment!

:D

its a truly bloody horrible thing.. i wish they would hurry up and invent a cure for it, because i seriously dont know how im gonna do it again with a toddler to look after....
i only got out of bed to use the bathroom for weeks on end...
actually, we were just saying that this time last year i was in hospital :-(
its a terrible thing to say, and i really sincerely hope i dont offend anyone buy saying this, but if im honest, there were times when i really wished i wasnt pregnant anymore.. and i honestly think that if someone had been able to make me 'unpregnant', id have said please...
i cant imagine how i felt like that, now, when i look at Ruby & love her so much.. but i know i did feel like that a lot.
i SWORE id never do it again.. EVER.. i wanted Oh to have the snip! but now im broody as hell already!

That doesn't sound horrible at all. I was pretty sick (not as bad as you ladies, though!) all through my first Tri until I figured out pg had made me lactose intolerant. :huh: I was so miserable at times that I questioned if I would ever get pg again... and almost regretted trying so hard to get pg in the first place.

If I had been as sick as you, I would have wished it away, too. When you are that ill, in that moment, you just want it to end.

:hugs:

Congratulations again TL! :dance:

We did a Thai spicy coconut milk fish curry with rice tonight and Aisling loved it :D It was her first go at rice and she just grabbed handfuls of it and rammed it at her mouth, half went in, half went on the floor - we have 2 happy dogs toinght! :lol:

[IMG]https://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l393/nualamcanally/Picture009.jpg[/IMG]

:wave: Hello, glad I found this thread. Just getting some info upfront for BLW. I have been invited to a local weaning class in a few weeks but I am keen on starting BLW around 6 months.

Joshua enjoying mash...

https://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o72/LucyLu84pics/DSC00240.jpg

i loaded some on a spoon which he screwed his face up at and spat out like it was poison! lol However eating it off the tray with his hands made it taste nicer!

We had shepherds pie, which we make with normal gravy - i was unsure whether we could give him any because of the salt content in the gravy. I didn't think about it until we sat down to eat so didn't go check the cartoon but figure safer jsut to go with the mash for him! What do you guys do?

Freya hasn't had gravy yet, I think it's a bit salty. She has had vegetable stock though, which is just as bad, but I don't make it as strong as I used to.

lu: considering coconut milk based curry's r quite runny she's done a great job at not wearing that much of it! She must b v good at getting things in her mouth. i let Kian play with porridge this morning and there wasn't a bit of him not covered in it...it was even up his legs despite the fact he was wearing a baby grow (i have no idea how he got it inside the grow!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->