BLW - Baby led weaning support thread

Yeah - she's a good eater!! I saw her giving side glances to Hebe's breadsticks....good job I put a few extra in!! And the way she washes it all down with full fat coke like Toby does.....sooooo cute.....:muaha:

Ive been told she wont like to eat what we eat because its not as tasty as baby food....yeah whatever

im really at loggerheads with my OH about this.,.....

I LOVE BLW.....he wants her to have purees! I dont mind some purees (given that they are all homemade) but now she is older I prefer just to mash them a bit as she can chew but he wants them pureed right down :hissy:

So at the moment, Maley is BLW when she is with me!!! But the thing is he is off work at the moment so 4 days of the week he is here and its a battle.

You should have seen his face when I gave her some rice off my plate!

She has her dinner at 5.30ish and we have ours at 6.30ish at which time she is going for our plates. Well i wanted to give her some of the bits off our plate (give her her own plate) let her play around and try what she likes and get messy before she has her bath at 7pm.........he wasnt having any of it and turned into a row.

I also want her to have a go at spoon feeding herself but he thinks she is too young.

Also, he doesnt want her to have meat until she has teeth. Is that right?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

i have a question which may sound totally dumb but hey ho why change the habit of a lifetime :rofl:

so im going to make a bolognase and want to give some to Fred, do i need to do his seperate without the dash of red wine i always put in?! i know it sounds like a stupid question as i don't want him to get sozzled :rofl: what would you do?!

i'd let him have it with the wine, the alcohol boils out anyway, so its just the flavour!

rachie they can have meat without teeth, katie chews great chunks off strips of chicken and chews them up! she loves chicken goujons too! especially with homemade potato wedges!

im really at loggerheads with my OH about this.,.....

I LOVE BLW.....he wants her to have purees! I dont mind some purees (given that they are all homemade) but now she is older I prefer just to mash them a bit as she can chew but he wants them pureed right down :hissy:

So at the moment, Maley is BLW when she is with me!!! But the thing is he is off work at the moment so 4 days of the week he is here and its a battle.

You should have seen his face when I gave her some rice off my plate!

She has her dinner at 5.30ish and we have ours at 6.30ish at which time she is going for our plates. Well i wanted to give her some of the bits off our plate (give her her own plate) let her play around and try what she likes and get messy before she has her bath at 7pm.........he wasnt having any of it and turned into a row.

I also want her to have a go at spoon feeding herself but he thinks she is too young.

Also, he doesnt want her to have meat until she has teeth. Is that right?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

maybe you could get him to read the blw bible? it makes so much sense. ive got a copy at home but Im at my mums otherwise id send it to you.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Baby-led-W...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1245412879&sr=8-1

Oliver has had chicken, lamb, beef and pork and he hasn't got a single tooth! He just gums at it until it goes soft, then swallows it. He loves it!

Rach, I don't know what to suggest I'm afraid. It's very difficult when you disagree, as the baby belongs to both of you!! Like Sparks said - maybe read the book?

Thanks Sparks and Kat. I think its cos he is scared she will choke and in his mind, she is only 7 months, but I know what she is capable of and most of it is tasting anyway.

I will speak to him tonight and have another go.

She isnt very well today so might have to wait a few days.

Im interested in this :)

ATM im currently giving tyler finger food for lunch and puree's for tea.

For lunch ive been giving him cucumber, rice cakes, toast etc..

Tea is pureed veg or fruit

How would i go about doing BLW?

Any Advice much appreciated :hugs: x

Start with the Gill Rapley book would be my advice. :) You could switch the pureed fruit for steamed fruit. Just lightly steam pear or apple and cut into baton shape. Or try banana. If you arent too far down the line with the purees I'd say you could change pretty easily :)

Well, Renah has been on purees for months now but won't progress past them with mashed foods, so I decided to try this just then with her. She just devoured a piece of toast with pomegrante & apple puree on it. Even cried when it was all gone. Looks like this is the way to go with her. So I guess we're going to be doing a mix from here on out.

https://www.babyandbump.com/weaning...dation-especially-good-blw-d.html#post2405860

Brilliant book girls!

I've just read this thread the whole way through this morning. We think it's time to start Alyssa on some solids as she lunges for our food and tries to get it in her mouth. I'm going to waitlist myself at our local library for the Rapley book on BLW, but for the moment we're thinking about mixed feeding and are getting really excited about it.

This thread has been a great help and encouragement - thank you everyone! :hugs:

Good luck Anna - it's such good fun!

Hi ladies was just curious as to when you started giving LO smaller pieces of food? I was thinking of maybe giving Alfie some dry cheerios or something now he's eating his finger foods. Also has anyone got any ideas for foods to take out and about for snacks durin the day?? He's had every fruit and veg under the sun and was just interested to see if anyone had any new interesting ideas???

I dont know about Cheerios but I take out mini breadsticks for out and about snacks - small, easy to keep 'fresh' and not very messy. I'll also take a little Organix gingerbread man. Some like those tiny rice cakes and other snacks that you can buy but I end up chucking most of them as we dont eat loads of snacks so I dont give her many either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->