BLW - Baby led weaning support thread

well last night we had a roast and Fred had broccoli, carrot, cauli cheese and half a roast spud! he loved it and im much calmer now about him choking, knowing he will just gag it back up if its too big xx other people getting stressed is more of a problem, he was eating cheese and a banana at a BBQ on sat and he gagged as took in bit too much :blush: i was fine but everyone else was like 'quick he's choking, slap his back!' :rofl: he was fine and just spat it out!

only prob is OH has like an OCD about the mess he makes feeding himself so is on permenant standby with a baby wipe :rofl: he's always been the same! we save our mess for when daddy's not there!

I find other people want to dive in and bat them when they start gagging. Once you've seen him do it a few times Brockie, wont even flinch. It's really amazing the way they just bring stuff back up on their own. :)

well last night we had a roast and Fred had broccoli, carrot, cauli cheese and half a roast spud! he loved it and im much calmer now about him choking, knowing he will just gag it back up if its too big xx other people getting stressed is more of a problem, he was eating cheese and a banana at a BBQ on sat and he gagged as took in bit too much :blush: i was fine but everyone else was like 'quick he's choking, slap his back!' :rofl: he was fine and just spat it out!

only prob is OH has like an OCD about the mess he makes feeding himself so is on permenant standby with a baby wipe :rofl: he's always been the same! we save our mess for when daddy's not there!

I have to admit I was always trying to contain the mess Rebecca made but noticed that I seemed to be distracting her by always trying to wipe or pick bits of food from her. Since I have just let her get on with it, she seems to be eating more!

^^^Totally agree....I've had to just let my inner neat freak...well...freak out! :lol:

^^^Totally agree....I've had to just let my inner neat freak...well...freak out! :lol:

haha! sorry just LOL imagining you dancing round the room like a woman posessed to 'Le Freak Le Chic' throwing pieces of broccoli and banana with Hebe :rofl:

:rofl: Thanks Brockie - now I have a mental picture of that, and am humming the song to myself! :rofl:

in the olden days when i used to work :rofl: i sang in a show band and that song was in our 70's show, we sang it over and over again, did this awful dance and wore vile 70's clothes that didn't fit, knowone hates that song more than me!

hell no!!!! pics and all promo stuff are in a secret vault only to be viewed by myself to remind me i did once have another life before Freddie!

Oh my word! How well is Oliver doing now?!!!:happydance: For tea tonight, he had half an omlette (a big one) and a huge bowl of rice pudding! He is troughing food like no tomorrow and I am so proud, you wouldn't believe!:cloud9:
He really enjoys anything I give him and we are really enjoying trying all these new foods and recipes :munch:

The way he handles food now is amazing. He can pick up such intricate pieces and plae them in his mouth so delicately. And the spoon feeding himself never ceases to amaze me.

So, to all of you that are right at the beginning of this journey, or have just hit the "am I doing the right thing" wall...............just go for it! Trust me, you will be rewarded so much! And enjoy it - it really can be fun if you want it to be!!!

omg sounds like oliver's doing fab! i gave katie some roast tatoes and runner beans at my mum's tonight! mum said she isnt comfortable giving her finger foods, apart from things like biscuits and stuff, so she's on purees 3 days a week!!

she said when we're on holiday next week its best to just get her some jars. i was like, no baby of mine's having jars, she can get something from the little food hut place like the rest of us :rofl:

omg sounds like oliver's doing fab! i gave katie some roast tatoes and runner beans at my mum's tonight! mum said she isnt comfortable giving her finger foods, apart from things like biscuits and stuff, so she's on purees 3 days a week!!

she said when we're on holiday next week its best to just get her some jars. i was like, no baby of mine's having jars, she can get something from the little food hut place like the rest of us :rofl:

I like your style!!! Oliver had half of my falafel wrap the other day in Bluewater! Easier than buying and heating jars! (Except I was starving an hour later :rofl:)

lol when we went trafford centre for the meet the other day i bought a sandwich from boots for katie - she ate loads of it and i didnt like it!!

Oh my word! How well is Oliver doing now?!!!:happydance: For tea tonight, he had half an omlette (a big one) and a huge bowl of rice pudding! He is troughing food like no tomorrow and I am so proud, you wouldn't believe!:cloud9:
He really enjoys anything I give him and we are really enjoying trying all these new foods and recipes :munch:

The way he handles food now is amazing. He can pick up such intricate pieces and plae them in his mouth so delicately. And the spoon feeding himself never ceases to amaze me.

So, to all of you that are right at the beginning of this journey, or have just hit the "am I doing the right thing" wall...............just go for it! Trust me, you will be rewarded so much! And enjoy it - it really can be fun if you want it to be!!!

I love reading Olivers updates! Makes me excited about starting... only 2 months to go!

I love reading Olivers updates! Makes me excited about starting... only 2 months to go!

Yes! :happydance: Oliver's updates are great - really inspiring and they make me excited about starting weaning :)

Way to go, Oliver!

x

Anyone giving oranges? I dont know why I havent yet...well we dont have them in much TBH so thats why. Just wondering if babies are ok with citrusy stuff??

Anyone giving oranges? I dont know why I havent yet...well we dont have them in much TBH so thats why. Just wondering if babies are ok with citrusy stuff??

I just give him segments and he sucks on them. Loves them!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->