BLW - Baby led weaning support thread

Maccy, they all start swallowing at different stages, with Aisling it was 5 1/2 months, others don't until 7 months or later so don't worry!

Kirsten, I'm not going to be much help to you because we usually have something bread based at lunchtime, toast or cheese on toast or something and then the veggies and fish etc at dinner time...

Yeah I thought a lot of lunchy foods are bread based, nevermind! We ended up having rice and veggies, she didn't eat any but I spent a lot of time laughing at the rice going up her sleeves and in her pockets, she was confused as she kept losing it! :rofl: Was worth it for the look on her face! He he.

Maccy, Freya doesn't seem anywhere near swallowing yet, I'm sure she will just do it one of these days, but as Lu said, they all do it at different times. :)

Our lunches are also bread based... Egg on toast, beans on toast, a sandwich.. crumpets, pancakes and a bit of fruit.

you could always do an omelette and salad or a chicken salad? Or mixed fruit covered in yogurt? Jacket potatoes with various fillings.

What do you usually eat for lunch?

er, a biscuit or five...:rofl: I am not very good at breakfast or lunch for me, lol.

I am not doing dairy or egss yet either as I am intolerant to both and want to give Freya a good chance not to be. So we will start them in a few months. Jacket potatoes are good, but I do them at dinner for her sometimes.

Also we are veggie, so no chicken. I swear I am making it harder for myself! :lol:

er, a biscuit or five...:rofl: I am not very good at breakfast or lunch for me, lol.

I am not doing dairy or egss yet either as I am intolerant to both and want to give Freya a good chance not to be. So we will start them in a few months. Jacket potatoes are good, but I do them at dinner for her sometimes.

Also we are veggie, so no chicken. I swear I am making it harder for myself! :lol:

Lol! Then I am out of ideas unless you go the biscuit route :rofl:

Ha ha. I think I will just have to stop eating the biscuits, it won't be long 'til she starts asking for one, and then I will regret it!

I will come up with something.

we had roast pork dinner on sunday and ern loved it!! he was sucking like mad on his piece of pork!!

https://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o132/daftpics/ernie008-6.jpg

and last night we had chicken and jacket potatoes, so i cut a piece of the ends of one and cut them in half so he had 4 fingers of potato witha bit of cheese on and the skin...he loved them! and i gave him a chicken drumstick to suck on which he loved too!!

https://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o132/daftpics/ernie001-2.jpg

Maccy, Ruby doesn't seem to be anywhere near swallowing deliberately yet. The odd bit goes down but I think that's more luck than judgement.

Aww Ern is soo cute!

Violet managed to get a massive mouthful of toast today and she actually swallowed it! So it's not just veg she's swallowing now haha
I think she actually meant to do it but I don't think she meant to get a piece that big. She got a big piece and swallowed after gagging a little bit and then immediately got another piece and swallowed. A lot of her toast was 'missing' when it come time to tidy up.

I'll have to watch her now to see if she's actually started to swallow because she wants to not just by fluke lol

do you all think it is ok that i give dex rice cakes? he doesnt seem that interested in food yet but he seems to love rice cakes. I think more for the fact that it helps his gums as he is teething loads at the moment (he has 2 teeth). He is defo eating them too as his poo smells like them, haha. He was interested in porridge but that seems to have waned. He has pretty much gone off milk feeds too so i think this must be the teething. He was eating the porridge but then suddenly it is back to square one again, I'm not really that fussed though.

Ha ha. I think I will just have to stop eating the biscuits, it won't be long 'til she starts asking for one, and then I will regret it!

Have you thought of rice cakes with something on them like marmite or something sweeter?

do you all think it is ok that i give dex rice cakes? he doesnt seem that interested in food yet but he seems to love rice cakes. I think more for the fact that it helps his gums as he is teething loads at the moment (he has 2 teeth). He is defo eating them too as his poo smells like them, haha. He was interested in porridge but that seems to have waned. He has pretty much gone off milk feeds too so i think this must be the teething. He was eating the porridge but then suddenly it is back to square one again, I'm not really that fussed though.

I give Olivia reduced salt rice cakes and she loves them too! She like them best with nothing on :wacko:.

Olivia is teething as well and hardly eating anything but I keep trying. When she does eat, she takes a couple of mouthfuls then has had enough. x

I think that sounds ok, can't believe Dex has 2 teeth!

Can I ask which rice cakes you all buy? Do u get the baby ones or if not, which brand have low salt?

Have you thought of rice cakes with something on them like marmite or something sweeter?

Yep my mum suggested rice cakes yesterday so I am going to buy some today. Not sure about marmite just yet though :).

I know I have seen some natural organic ones somewhere....I think they were in the 'free from' section in supermarket.

We are going to my mums today and she has made Freya some gluten/wheat and sugar free rusks. Not sure what she has made them with though! :rofl:

Will see if she can restrain herself from spoon feeding Freya. Her new thing is she wants to give her diluted orange juice (not squash, juice). I just keep saying no thanks, just water!

:lol:

Hi

I'm brand new to this forum so just wanted to say Hi. Lily is now 6.5 months old and we've been baby led weaning for the past few weeks. She's definitely gone from playing with her food to eating more and more which is fab but I was just curious is anyone else on here formula feeding and doing BLW and if so how much does your little one take?

Thanks

I am formula feeding and BLW but not sure if I am a good example yet as we haven't really got going with it, Freya hasn't swallowed anything yet and I am not pushing it. She has a play with food once a day to get her used to the idea that's all at the moment. I will let you know how she goes on with her milk though! She is taking between 30-40oz a day right now. :)

Hi fordkim, welcome to BnB :hi:

Violet's 6.5month and been BLW for about a month or so now. Shes only just started swallowing on purpose the last two days and she's having 4x 8oz bottles but she doesn't always take the lot. It's always between 6-8oz that she takes though.

Edit: Just wanted to add that she has lunch and dinner, we're not doing breakfast yet.. (I did start but by time she got up, got her dressed, had a milk feed and then finished breakfast, it was getting onto 11am before I even got the chance to get dressed lol!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->