BLW - Baby led weaning support thread

Yay Ruby!!

Counting Down, I don't very often see identifiable pieces of food in Aisling's nappy, I guess it depends on how much they chew and how efficient their tummies are at digesting...

Aisling was going nuts for chicken today, she's a little carnivour!!

How long has Olivia been swallowing for CountingDown? It may be because she can actually digest the food.

Violets come out litterally how it went in!! Sorry tmi

we had hot dogs for dinner so i cut one in half for ern to try.....took one munch on it,spat it out and chucked the rest over the side......that went down well then:wacko: so he had a piece of mango and a piece of watermelon!!

was going to do a chicken dinner but remembered it was bonfire night so we are having it tomrrow-i think that will do down better!!

How long has Olivia been swallowing for CountingDown? It may be because she can actually digest the food.

Violets come out litterally how it went in!! Sorry tmi

I would say she has been swallowing for a good 5-6 weeks now but even at the start I never noticed any, just that they became much more smelly!!

I am not sure if it is because she is teething but Olivia seems to be bored with food! Every meal I have offered her today she taken a few nibbles then just cast it aside. I know we are just meant to go with the flow but she seemed to be doing so well and now she doesnt want to eat anything.

Maybe Olivia is just chewing the food very well? I think when 6 month olds swallow food it is often more luck than judgement and it prob hasn't been chewed very well. I dunno though....

BLW went so well today. I've been giving dex finger food for about a week now and porridge for about three days. I've just been loading the spoon and letting him spoon it into his mouth. He hasn't really been bothered until today. As soon as he saw the spoon he got really excited and sat in his chair rather than trying to escape. He then grabbed the spoon as soon as i loaded it and shoved it into his mouth and swallowed. Then he wanted more and more, he was even trying to loads the spoon by pushing it into the bowl. So cute. eventually i knew he didnt want anymore and he started to refuse the spoon when i loaded it and he stopped trying to put it in the bowl. I love BLW

Yay! That's great Sublime :) the difference with Ruby's BLW skills compared to say, last week, is incredible. She is swallowing foods now, albeit very small quantities. She swallowed some sweet potato, avocado and cheese on toast!

sounds yummy, lucky Ruby. I so want my little girl (if i have one) to be called Ruby.

today i was at my cousins daughter's birthday party. her friend was there. her daughter is about 5 and a half months. i guess she was weaned as she took out a pack of organix cheese puffs (im sure they are for 7+ months) and put one in her babies' mouth. the kid was squirming, pulling her face away but the mum continues to shove it in her mouth for like 3 mins, i wanted to shout SHE DOESNT WANT IT. eventually she gave up and gave her a feed but jeez what did the baby have to do to get her to stop. at least with BLW it is obvious what they want although this was VERY obvious.

today i was at my cousins daughter's birthday party. her friend was there. her daughter is about 5 and a half months. i guess she was weaned as she took out a pack of organix cheese puffs (im sure they are for 7+ months) and put one in her babies' mouth. the kid was squirming, pulling her face away but the mum continues to shove it in her mouth for like 3 mins, i wanted to shout SHE DOESNT WANT IT. QUOTE]

poor kid! imagine someone shoving a pack of cheese puffs in your mouth not nice!

glad its going so well, for Dexter and for Ruby. Noahs doing great with the loaded spoon although the finger foods tend to end up in the eyebrow region!

I wouldn't worry about finger food starting off at the eyebrow Kiree, lots of Aisling's food starts at her forehead and gets dragged down her face til it lands in her mouth! :lol:

I think the Organix sticks just say 7 months because all finger foods sold seem to say 7 months - apparently all baby companies think it's dangerous to offer finger foods before then?! I just don't see the point of them, they're so expensive, it's encouraging them to want things like crisps and they only last a few seconds so it's no good for teething or for helping them with their holding and chewing skills etc :wacko:

today the kids had beans on toast and we had soup so i did ern 2 slices of toast with vegemite on....he devoured them and then wanted more-so he had a finger of mango and a couple of pieces of watermelon, and when he filled his nappy there were some bits in it so hes swallowed some food today:thumbup:

here he is just after eating his toast with a piece of mango

https://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o132/daftpics/ernie008-5.jpg

https://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o132/daftpics/ernie009-3.jpg

and with his watermelon

https://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o132/daftpics/ernie011-1.jpg

https://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o132/daftpics/ernie012-2.jpg

Aww so cute pink witch!!

Violet is kinda learning the pincer grip.. I say kinda because she doesn't use the index finger and thumb, she uses all fingers and thumb but the principal is there lol so she can pick up rice really easily. It's amazing to watch her :cloud9:

We had a very scary moment last night at dinner, she actually started choking, not gagging, choking... She had tears in her eyes but she didn't panic at all, she actually managed to clear the bit of food by time I'd even got her out of her high chair but jeeeeez my heart was pounding but she didn't seem bothered at all!!

Thanks Lu, looks like I'm just gonna have to let him get on with it!

Pinkwitch- look at him go with that watermelon!

Just wondering what age do they generally start to swallow the food. I am giving my LO things now which she loves and sucks em up but when a bit comes off she spits it out..I am guessing about 6months?

I *think* it's more a case of once they've developed the skills necessary to swallow, which will come if they're given the opportunity to have food, not by age.

What sort of things do you guys do for lunch? Hadn't really thought about it as Freya is usually sleeping at this sort of time, but not today, lol. We will be doing proper veggies and stuff for tea time so I wanted something different. But no bread as we are not doing wheat/gluten yet.

I'm a bit stuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->