BLW - Baby led weaning support thread

ooo i didnt think i could give katie fajitas! will give that a go!

:rofl: "dont fold it that way mum, the juices run out, do it this way" said katie 6 months :rofl:

New foods today....

Watermelon

Strawberries

Chicken :sick:

she loved them all :D

Niamh was hungry today so I tried giving her a slice of cucumber to play with. She just looked at me like I was nuts, and kept eating her hands :rofl: Looking forward to when she shows more signs though, not just watching me eat with her mouth open :lol:

Sparks - might as well have been looking at the carnage after! :lol:

Nic - Cucumber was one of the first things Hebe attempted to eat :D It wont be long before she's off. I gave Hebe stuff to play with from about 4/5 months and she soon started sucking and nomming it.

Well she's almost 5 1/2 months, so I'll keep offering and see :) I'm going to start with cucumber too I think. Need to buy a steamer now, and highchair :lol:

We are still going although logan eats some of the finger foods and then when he has had enough he moans until i give him some puree!

Yesterday he had toast with breakfast ,cantalope and watermelon with lunch and brocoli , cheese and rice cakes with his dinner !

After all that he slept from 10.30 till 6.30 the longest he has ever slept !!!!!!

Does anyone think that their diet has improved by following BLW? I think it will force me to really look at how I eat because Meadow will be eating what we eat most of the time.

I need to learn to cook! Simple things like pasta sauces have loads of salt in. I need to learn how to cook from scratch.

definitely Sam! I am getting so much better at cooking now. I make pasta sauces from scratch and marinate his meat (I've found he can eat more when it's marinated too), make bread sticks without salt in. All sorts! And I used to be a something quick or nothing at all kind of eater. I must say I don't always eat 3 meals a day now but I usually eat something with him twice a day.

do any of you ladies have any tips for meal times without getting covered in food?? i'm fed up of taking off all her clothes for meals, but i think its the only way lol!

I either use tommee tippee bibs that catch the food, although tbh, when he was smaller they really impeded his movement OR bibs that go over their arms so you could just take her bottom half off then.

I do find that once he's got the hang of a new food he magically seems to improve a lot with the messiness. It's really not that bad anymore. Apart from his 'signal' to tell me he's finished is to start dropping food on the floor lol.

we use one of the tommee tippee bibs to catch the food :D

:rofl: gave amelie a piece of cucumber and shes just holding it and as soon as it gets to her lips shes screws her face up.. dont think she likes it!

So anyway, I'm new at this. I don;t really understand why BLW is but I'm just gonna be giving Amelie some fingerfoods at the moment alongside her purees. She hates lumps so I think I'll skip stage 2 with lumpy mash.

we cant use the tomme tippee bibs, she pulls them straight off the little bugger! or tries to eat the bit that goes round her neck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->