BLW - Baby led weaning support thread

Too much bread isn't great for them but tbh, it's hard trying to offer different lunches or breakfasts everyday which don't involve bread somehow.

Violets lunches are bread/toast based 99% of the time. But whilst they're only eating such small amounts I can't see it doing her any harm? :shrug:

If she was eating like 4 slices a day then it'd be different but she doesn't even eat half a slice of normal sized toast.

Those pics of Ruby are wonderful! :dance:

I think 2 pieces of bread per day is the max (due to salt content). So, a half a piece a couple of times per day wouldn't be a problem, I would think.

Cheers ladies. Ruby eats about a quarter to a half a slice a day, so no probs atm.

Gorgeous pics of Ruby! :D

Aisling has one slice of bread a day usually (if she eats it all!) as her lunch is nearly always toast based. She wasn't bothered eating any of her lunch today for some reason.

Faille, Aisling has a bf at about 7am, 10.30am, 2.30pm, 5pm and 7pm. I'm not offering the 10.30am one anymore, obviously I'll give it if she asks but she's not bothered so far. The 5pm one tends to be an excuse for a catnap on the boob, not sure how necessary it really is! :lol:

Lovely pics of Ruby xx

Just a few of Olivia enjoying yoghurt for her pudding

Ignore her face in the first one lol, she is snorting at me!

Attachments

• Yog 1.jpg
    Yog 1.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Yog.jpg
    Yog.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 8
More snorting babies, I love it! Aisling does it all the time and I thought it was just us!

[IMG]https://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l393/nualamcanally/Nualasphotos204.jpg[/IMG]

Olivia mainly has bread based breakfasts as she wont eat porridge. Going to try her with scrambled eggs tom after I have been shopping.

Anyone elses LO hate wearing normal bibs, everytime I pop one on Olivia she pulls at it and cries and won eat until it is removed, yet I pop on the bib thing that covers her arms and body (cant remember what it is called lol) she is fine?? x

Aww gorgeous pics!
Does Olivia have two spoons? Lol

Can't say we have that issue with bibs, I just put a normal one on her and she either tries eating it or she ignores it :lol:

Aw, lovely pics of Ruby, Olivia and Aisling!

Freya has never had any bread, she doesn't know what she's missing :rofl: We have sticks of stuff with dips at lunch, and fruit at breakfast. I am trying to get more fruit down her today, she did a nasty hard poo this morning and it made her bum bleed :( I was quite shocked when I saw it! She has done one since and it was fine though. She had raspberries for breakfast and rice cakes with stewed plums on for lunch, so she ought to be fine now! :lol:

Got her weighed today (15lb 13oz :happydance:) and had to explain BLW to the chavvy healthcare assistant, she just sort of oohed and ahhed, I'm not sure she got it :dohh:

Freya is not bothered about normal bibs, the ones with the sleeves are too big for her and get in the way, I saw your link to that good one Lu, but I can't spend £7 on a bib right now! I will prob get one later on though :)

Does Olivia have two spoons? Lol
:

She does yeh lol, Olivia likes her spoons and doesnt give them up without a fight so I tend to use a few rather than try to prise them off her to reload them again x

dex still has milk (bf) every 2 hours or so and wakes up at least 3 times a night for milk. He is eating loads of food too. I think with his constant being ill he is very thirsty and he tends to be a snack eater too. I think once we go onto formula he will drink a lot less.

THERES BITS IN HIS POO :D :rofl: There is tiny seeds from the granery bread he had at lunch yesterday and then what looks like onion from the chilli :D

I'm so proud (but feel a bit of a loser lol)

YAY!! I get excited when I see bits, too, as it means he is chewing and swallowing well. :thumbup:

I'm so pleased :D especially as last night was his first proper meal, he's so clever :cloud9:

I took pics from last night :D

Heres just as he started
DSCF1124.jpg

And here's when he'd finished :rofl:
DSCF1132.jpg

Yes that's right I fed him CHILLI in a WHITE baby grow :dohh: I had to bleach the stains out lol won't be making that mistake again!!

And please ignore the mess of my living room, it was one of those days where nothing gets done lol

Thought i'd share a photo to :) This was taken last week I think!
https://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o72/LucyLu84pics/th_DSC00176.jpghttps://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o72/LucyLu84pics/th_DSC00175.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->