BLW - Baby led weaning support thread

Lol Sara! There are some types you can buy that I love, but I put waaaaay too much garlic in mine, I can still taste in now :sick: It burnt my tongue a bit!

Think I am going to try and make guacamole - thats avocado yeah?

yeah it is but it also has lemon\lime in it so if you are avoiding citrus then dont put that in. also has onions, chili, coriander, tomatoes and salt. so lots of things to avoid. lol. maybe just call it mashed avocado. haha

Lol yeah! We started giving her citrus a few days ago and she's been fine. So all ok there and I will just miss the salt out! :D

Does anyone know if you can sub small amounts of sea salt for recipes that would otherwise call for regular salt? Sea salt is supposed to be lower in sodium and better for you...

:shrug:

I've been told that salt is salt basically :( I only ever use sea salt anyway.

well yesterday morning Halen had some toast fingers for breakfast with me, mostly because he takes it from my plate lol

and now he's eating chilli con carne (mixed with yogurt to weaken it) and tortilla fingers :)

that sounds great Jayleigh, mmm chilli con carne, we have that often, never thought to give any to Ruby! will try it.

that sounds great Jayleigh, mmm chilli con carne, we have that often, never thought to give any to Ruby! will try it.

Halens loving it, hes rubbing it all over the highchair and sucking it off his fists and the tortilla fingers

tried him with apple sticks this afternoon but he just dropped them lol

my mum told me to peel them but I didn't?

I don't peel apple Jayleigh :).

Freya likes Chilli, we usually have it with baked potato.

And I don't use any salt in Freya's stuff, but sometimes I put some on my food after I've served it.

Would not have thought to give Chili either but will have to to next time we have it!

joshua wasn't interested at all today ... he just opened his mouth for me to feed him! Lol Refused to take the spoon from me, so i caved and feed him! he's teething badly and has a bit of a cough so i decided to be nice. Gave him sweet potato wedges and brocoli to play with for tea and he usually loves brocoli but tonight he just mushed everything all over the highchair. Guessing it's the teeth.

Was over at my Mum's for sunday lunch yesterday, so gave Joshua some carrot, and mash potato. He munched the carrot and I loaded the spoon with mash and he fed himself. My parents were like 'wow he's so young to be able to do that' I felt a little smug.

Then he was sucking the life out of toast at my sisters and he ate some...cos there were some huge lumps of it in his nappy today! :)

Wooo so yesterday was a big success :D

We had a great dinner tonight! Caveman (DH) and I ate our dinner while Otter worked on his steamed veggies (doing wonderfully as always). About half way through the dinner, Caveman was in the middle of a story, and it was as if it dawned on Otter that family dinner time was for eating AND chatting. He started jabbering away back to Caveman as if he had stories to tell, too. He spent the rest of dinner eating and jabbering at us, participating fully in the meal as if he was a completely integrated part of the family.

What an amazing experience! :cloud9:

Yep Ruby is like that when it's not just me and her at the table! We were eating dinner with family the other weekend and Ruby was shouting away like yayayayaya the whole time! Love it!

Lol yeah Violet starts babbling away like crazy, but only after she's had a good nose at what's on her tray :lol:

She had a real off day yesterday. She didn't have breakfast or lunch as we needed to go to the hospital so she was only offered dinner. But she wasn't interested at all. She had a suck on a bit of chicken and cucumber but then she just whinged and we had to take the food away. We were round OH's parents tho and I forgot the highchair so she was sitting on the sofa next to us.. So I dunno if it was that she didn't like but she was not having any of it!

Question about dropping feeds..
Do any of you know whether they drop feeds in a certain order? Violet is down to 4 bottles a day and has been for a long time. Is there a feed that she'll most likely drop or is it completely different for all babies? Thanks x

Aisling tends to talk to her food more than us!! :lol:

Faille I think they usually drop the mid morning feed first and then the afternoon book. That's what it says in the book of she who cannot be named anyway! I should actually dig it out to see what Aisling's 'meant' to be doing now for her routine, she has an uncanny knack of doing what that lady says she's meant to be doing but she tends to get there by herself :shrug:

Ruby has been having 4 bottles plus a dreamfeed since 3.5 months. Yeah I think the mid morning one will go first, it's now more like midday that I give it and when she's eating more solids at lunchtime then I guess she will start wanting less of it until it goes.

Ruby is liking her food today, probably because I've stuck to what I know and done toast for mid morning snack, and soup and bread for lunch. My homemade butternut squash soup was very tasteless though :(

Attachments

• Image098.jpg
    Image098.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Image102.jpg
    Image102.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Image100.jpg
    Image100.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Image099.jpg
    Image099.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 3
Eek Violet doesn't have a midmorning bottle haha.. She'll have one at 8am and then the next at about 12.30/1pm. She does have one about 4/5pm and then another at 8pm. Maybe she'll drop the late afternoon one. :shrug:

Such cute pictures of Ruby! Looking at those, you'd honestly think you're talking about a different baby to your previous posts.. Guess she likes her toast then! Violet definately likes hers

I think the lunchtime one 'is' the mid morning one if that makes any sense! Ruby's is at 12. If they were up at like 6am then maybe they would have a mid morning one.

Ruby will eat, but only bread or toast, which isn't great for them is it? I try and put different stuff on the bread/toast though. I think we did well today because she wasn't tired for her lunchtime nap as early as she usually is, because it took her ages to go off for her morning nap! Oh it's all so confusing and random!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->