BLW Breakfast

maggie111

Reaction score
I struggle thinking of BLW at breakfast as I have toast or porridge/cereal.. Or I don't have any breakfast at all. I don't want him on toast so often as it's not good for him.

What do your babies have for breakfast?

I do cheerios with a few drops of milk to coat them then tip onto his tray. I also do omlettes occasionally as well. :thumbup:

Scrambled egg or chopped hard boiled egg is good as they can feed it themselves :)

Porridge fingers are really easy to make. Four table spoons of oats mixed with four table spoons of milk. You can also add fruit or flavouring - I like cinnamon and apple or raisins. Once its mixed you pat it into a square on a microwavable plate, try to squeeze out as much liquid as possible then zap it in the microwave for about 1 minute. The cut it up and voila - porridge fingers! My daughter loves them.

Weetabix with a little bit of milk to wet it but you can still pick up handfuls. Dry Cheerios and fruit. I make scotch pancakes at the weekend with fruit in. Crumpets. Eggs.

I struggle and often just throw him Cheerios and fruit! Especially when in a rush!

You can give him oatmeal, eggs, pancakes, French toast, or anything really. He doesn't know what breakfast foods are. We had baked fish and squash for breakfast today :laugh2:

I do scrambled eggs, pancakes, waffles, chopped fruit, dry cereal like cheerios, oatmeal (messy because he is learning to spoon feed himself). Today he had a quarter of a banana, three strawberries and about 1/2 cup of cheerios.
Yesterday was scrambled egg with a tbsp of cottage cheese and honeydew melon

Homemade muffins, scrambled eggs, pancakes, yogurt with cereal, fruit. Your LO will love it :) Breakfast is actually my favorite meal of the day :)

What is supposed to be "wrong" or "not good" about toast? There tons of varieties of very nutritious breads and a variety of toppings that can make toast a very healthy option. My daughter will primarily eat toast/sandwiches. She is extremely picky at the moment and yet she thrives so nothing wrong with toast provided you make the effort to make it healthful.

What is supposed to be "wrong" or "not good" about toast? There tons of varieties of very nutritious breads and a variety of toppings that can make toast a very healthy option. My daughter will primarily eat toast/sandwiches. She is extremely picky at the moment and yet she thrives so nothing wrong with toast provided you make the effort to make it healthful.

Agreed! DD isn't picky at all, but she loves having toast in the morning, and it gives me time to make myself a coffee :haha: We use thin sliced whole wheat bread and DD loves it!! she'll eat whatever is on the toast, but gotta say peanut butter and nutella is her favorite:blush: I don't blame her:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->