BLW question

trish1200

Reaction score
With BLW, are the foods introduced the same way as with traditional weaning, do I need to offer one food at the time for a few days, or can I offer whatever I'm eating, from the beginning as long as it's appropriate for the baby?

As far as i have agthered from researching it ther is no need to offer one food at atime. this is something aimed at people weaning under 6 months. Once past 6 months a babies digestive system can handle food better so the risk of a reaction is lowered.

Some people feel more comfortable introducing foods one at a time in the same way that some people prefer to introduce solids for just one meal and work up to every meal but u don't have to. u can offer anything ur having when ur having it (provided its not something really salty/sugary/unhealthy.)

have u read the BLW book by gill rapley? it answers these sorts of questions...its a good read x

As BLW is usually started at around 6months, that approach isn't usually used. Unless you have reason to believe LO might have a reaction to it, otherwise different food is commonly offered every day.

We just started with two or three bits of 'simple' food and then gradually upped the meals and amount of food offered, and the complexity as she got older and more experienced

Yeah the good thing about BLW is they will naturally eat more different foods and more quantity wise as their skills develop, and at the same time they will be getting older and their digestive system maturing. So although you must obviously only offer foods you are comfortable offering, you can trust LO to go at the correct pace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->