• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

blw toast sticks

prettyunicorn

Reaction score
Hi,
Need reassurance and advice.
Trying different ways to introduce solids. Baby does not like to be spoon fed. Purses lips, move head side to side, cries! So I thought blw is the way to go. He mostly plays around, licks and occasionally tries to gum into his fruit or veggie sticks. Today I gave him a toast stick. Everything seemed fine. It looked like he ate some and I was excited. Later when I was breastfeeding he started to fuss a lot which is very unusual of him. After a while to started to cry hysterically and I noticed mushed up bread sticking to the roof of his mouth! Poor baby was so uncomfortable. I managed to scoop it out.
Has something like this happened to anyone? Is there a particular type of bread you use. I was hoping to use toast as a vehicle to introduce other flavors, Spread in on the toast.
Any ideas. TIA

I find bread in general does this. Toast doesn't normally stick as much as bread. Was there anything on the toast? Butter? I used to out mashed up banana on at first and didn't stick as much if at all.

I've never had this happen, but I can see how it's certainly possible. I wouldn't let it worry you too much though. Just let him keep at it and maybe just have a check after he's done to make sure there's nothing in his mouth still. It sounds like he's still just getting used to finger foods and chewing and pretty soon he'll find it easier to move food around his mouth and swallow it all. We always used granary or seed bread personally with all sorts of spreads, cashew butter, avocado, banana, hummus, etc.

Thank you ladies. I tried toast again today and he did great! I do check his mouth every time just didn't think that the bread would stick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->