Bold 2 in 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mummy_mi

~*Mum to Chloe*~
Reaction score
Okay so I know a lot of you lovely ladies use this but can I get the low down on it please.

I use soapnuts at the minute and they work a treat, I have no problems using them but, because we dont have a tumble dryer, a lot of things are going a little crispy already. So I was wondering if using the 2 in 1, even maybe only once a week would help keep things softer?

Does anyone use it without a dryer and think it keeps things soft?

Also is it any variety of the Bold 2 in 1 thats okay to use with nappies, due to the clay based formula, or only one type/fragrance?

And do you use a teaspoon sized amount, more/less?

I probably will end up trying it but just wanted some honest answers first! xx

Hiya I use bold 2in1 powder on all my clothes and have just started using it on nappies.

I was using fairy non-bio or ecover but nappies were coming out still stained and i was having stink issues with my flip outers. Used bold with my clothes so stuck the flip outers in with a normal wash to see if it helped. Made a massive difference.

So decided to use bold for everything. It does keep everything nice and soft without a dryer and as a bonus your house smells lovely while nappies are drying on radiators!

With the powder i use the minimum amount recommended for general washing and then use about a third of this for nappy washing. I rinse all my nappies before washing and use a couple of drops of lavender oil in the conditioner drawer to make them smell nice (when i remember).

Hope that helps :thumbup:

I to use bold, 1/3 a cup of it for everything lol i used to use a full cup but i figured if 1/3 of a cup can get the worst poo out then i figure it can get every day stains out as well, a box now lasts 3 times longer so i can't complain :)

I use bold on my nappies. I was using ariel on them but anything microfibre absolutley stank, even after countless strip washing so we gave bold a go. It seems to work ok and ive not noticed any problems with rashes or anything on the boys. It smells lovely too!

What age did you start using it? Our daughter had really dreadful eczema until a few months ago and she also reacted to persil non-bio (but I understand that's quite common as lots of babies are allergic to the perfume they put in to give it that just washed smell (because having just washed it wouldn't be enough??? :dohh: )) so we were a bit concerned about changing to this?

Also any particular "flavour" bold or is it just personal preference?

I started using it a couple of weeks ago, and I have the lavender fragrance. Harrison got really sore when I washed his nappies in non bio, plus it was rubbish at getting any stains out!

Ty for answers! Is it only the powder 2 in 1 thats okay for nappies or the gel one as well? xx

lol i was just wondering about the cup measure as well!!! i use my pink vanish scoop?!?!?

I use 1 tablespoon of Bold 2-in-1 for nappies, works well but there is not the heavy fragrance that I get from using a normal amount (which I do on the rest of our laundry). We use the one in the red box, not sure what it is, passionflower and something, maybe? As for powder vs liquid - I read something over at Cloth Nappy Tree that explained why powder is better for the machine. I tumble dry my bamboo fitted nappies and boosters for 40 mins on medium then hang on a rack, everything else goes straight on the rack. I find a short time in the dryer fluffs them up nice (could prob do less time but my dryer doesn't have a setting for less than 40 mins and I forget to get them out sooner).

Just thought some of you might be interested to know (as this is the 'natural' parenting section) that Bold is tested on animals. So are most of the big brands which is why I wouldn't use them. There's some info here:
https://www.uncaged.co.uk/pg.htm
I use Astonish or certain supermarket own brands for mine and they work just fine and are cruelty free too :)

:shock: omg so i wont be buying bold then, will be sticking to my ariel bio

x

You'd be surprised how many everyday products are animal tested...it's disgusting really. Most of the big brands are unfortunately. Check out the naturewatch website for tested/non-tested products. It's cool that you care anyway xxx

https://www.naturewatch.org/shoppingguide/Index.asp

princessellie - watch out for a rash with persil, they put a perfume in to give the clothes a just washed smell (because the fact you've "just washed" them isn't enough?!) and a lot of babies have come up in a rash to it, my daughter included!

I'll be sticking to soapnuts then! You'd really think in this day and age they'd stop being so cruel.

Argh, I've just bought some bold then I saw this! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back