Bold 2 in 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was holding my breath checking that list cos we use Persil... though I'm sure that's been tested on animals by whatever company makes it :cry:

I just got a sample of Bold through the post... still gonna use it (hey, free is free!) but not going to buy any more Bold after that.

I must admit that I use the freebies too, but i won't give the evil b******s my money. Pampers are made by P&G too so it's good we're all cloth bummers here! :)

Aww shame as i love bold. Just bought some half price ecoballs from our chemists so going to give them a go. If they turn out to be pants though will have to figure out what to get next. I have a cupboard full of half bottles of various washing powders/liquids, free samples and conditioners - really need a sort out.

:cry: i cant boycott proctor and gamble, everything we use is on that list :cry:

x

:cry: i cant boycott proctor and gamble, everything we use is on that list :cry:

x

I was too chicken to read it all - would probably depress me! Will use up what i have of stuff then do some research on what to buy next time. Really hope i can find something else that works on nappies, have already tried 3 others and they were all crap - use bold for everything else so started using it on nappies and its brill :cry:.

I do try to be ecofriendly but if they dont do the job what are you supposed to do :shrug:

can we just pretend we never saw this thread :wacko: argh, im gna feel guilty every time i use something off that list now

x

noooooo y did i just look at that list, aussie shampoo's on it :hissy:

Unfortunately a hell of a lot of products are tested on animals. I dont agree with it, infact I do as much as I can manage to combat animal testing (within legal means, I am STRONGLY against extremist animal rights campaigners and thier ideas!) but I cannot boycott all these companies. Unfortunately only one company produces my sons uiniform...they test thier dyes on animals...I cant not get him a uniform else he would be suspended from school....I am investing in soapnuts and giving them a whirl in normal washes and nappy washes I hope they work!
its the same as buying food products, tested on animals, child labour (Primark anyone....you know who makes their clothes ....) unfair wages.....it seems impossible to avoid it.

I do try to avoid things that I know are tested on animals/not veggie/unfair trade etc, but it is very difficult to avoid everything. I sometimes get frustrated and think about giving up on it all but I kind of think it's like recycling or cloth nappies... ok so sometimes I'm bad and don't recycle everything, or I use a disposable here and there, but at least I try and even if it only makes a tiny difference, I think it's worth it :)

Certainly worth it, just cant beat yourself up about the odd thing here and there! For example normally I will ONLY buy British Organily produced meat from local farms (ie I KNOW those animals have been kept well and killed humanely) but sometimes I have ended up buying frozen breaded chicken from Tesco.
I must admit to loving my 'natural' cleaning products...I use quite a lot of lemon juice, vinegar and salt for cleaning!

yea we try to do the whole buy british on fruit and veg thing too but sometimes it's just that much more expensive I just can't justify it but if we will if we have the option.

On the soapnuts subject, yupp they're working well for us, really helped my daughter's eczema not so good on tough stains though!

oh i just bought some bold on friday :( i've not opened that link as I know things I use will be on there - although like AS i do like the good old vinegar/water mixture for cleaning :D so getting rid of general cleaning products wouldnt be a problem but I bet the things I clean my clothes in will be on there :(

oh no i've just looked at that list and infacare is on there :( I use this on izzie all the time - and I read what P&G have been doing :( why do I insist on doing that! now i'm gonna feel so guilty (sadly a rubbish trait I have)

Actually on an interesting primark note, I was talking to a friend about them last year and apparently there had just been a tv documentary on (not sponsered by primark before you ask! :D ) looking at child labour within the clothes industry and they found primark to actually be fairly ethical - the one that surprised me was apparently Gap is really really bad in terms of child labour etc etc, I wouldn't have expected that at all!

I remember watching that sunflower - think it was channel 4

Certainly worth it, just cant beat yourself up about the odd thing here and there! For example normally I will ONLY buy British Organily produced meat from local farms (ie I KNOW those animals have been kept well and killed humanely) but sometimes I have ended up buying frozen breaded chicken from Tesco.
I must admit to loving my 'natural' cleaning products...I use quite a lot of lemon juice, vinegar and salt for cleaning!

Just out of interest, how do you know the animals have been killed 'humanely'? The vast majority of farms may keep their animals in a reasonable way but they go off to the same slaughterhouses as factory farmed animals and are killed in exactly the same way....not to mention that although they may have a reasonable quality of life they will still of course, only live a tiny portion of their natural lifespan in all cases.

I do a lot for the causes I believe in but animal testing isn't something I feel very strongly about. Other than household pets with whom I have formed some kind of bond, I don't really feel much for animals and the term humane bothers me... they're not humans, most animals maul their fellow animals to death given half a chance and for various "inhumane" reasons. I'm mostly interested in my family, save for a few child related causes, so my organic white meat only rule is for our health, not the animals and their peppermint foot baths (I forget which dairy company clams to do this...).

Anyway, I respect peoples passions and good for you if you boycott things you feel strongly about. I do. I will, however, be giving Bold a shot!

Hehe I'm pretty much the opposite to you Femme! I much prefer animals to humans :rofl:

I guess it makes me a very negative person to look at it this way, but the way I see it is that humans know what is right and wrong and so often we choose to do the wrong thing. Animals, on the other hand, don't have a sense of right and wrong like we do, so anything they do isn't really good or bad, it's morally neutral. I think neutral is better than bad, as lots of humans are :wacko: That just shows how 'glass half empty' my view of the human race is though :dohh:

Maybe, but I think it depends a lot upon what you consider to be bad. That can differ wildly from person to person and, since none are "more right" or right by default, I'd say a lot of our problems as an intelligent species begin there.

:o It's too late for deep conversation :lol:

Maybe, but I think it depends a lot upon what you consider to be bad. That can differ wildly from person to person and, since none are "more right" or right by default, I'd say a lot of our problems as an intelligent species begin there.

True!

:o It's too late for deep conversation :lol:

Doubly true - I just got confused sorting out thread in my sewing box... think it's time I went to bed :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"